S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

interior

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2016, 10:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default interior

i have a 2000 jaguar s-type 3.0 and i want to clean the interior but do not know if the door pannels are leather as well or are they vinal please help i just bought the car in december and i love it thanks in advanced

Old 03-07-2016, 11:00 PM
Veteran Member
Received 160 Likes on 132 Posts

Regardless of material, I've used "Tuff Stuff" as the cleaner, then immediately used Lexol conditioner. Cleaner alone could crack the material, and the conditioner protects it. I have no rips, tears, or wear spots on the seats nor door panels.

The following users liked this post:
Jumpin' Jag Flash (03-08-2016)
Old 03-08-2016, 08:17 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The best stuff, and its cheap too, is goop. Jar of this at wal-mart cleans and conditions leather, vinyl or plastic. An old fellow who does upholstery taught me this trick.

Jumpin' Jag Flash (03-08-2016)
Old 03-08-2016, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by Kewpie
The best stuff, and its cheap too, is goop. Jar of this at wal-mart cleans and conditions leather, vinyl or plastic. An old fellow who does upholstery taught me this trick.
What is it called? I was thinking meguirs leather conditioner and cleaner but would use it on the door panels?

Old 03-08-2016, 12:04 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Its called Goop. In a white jar in the auto section. It is used to clean grease off hands. I used it on my leather furniture too, cleans and oils it perfectly.

Old 03-08-2016, 07:34 PM
Veteran Member
Location: Pawleys Island, SC USA (formerly from Tabernacle, NJ USA)
Received 182 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by Kewpie
Its called Goop. In a white jar in the auto section. It is used to clean grease off hands. I used it on my leather furniture too, cleans and oils it perfectly.
I've even used it on my dog. Good stuff!

Warspite (03-09-2016)
Old 03-09-2016, 11:18 AM
Veteran Member
Received 160 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by Jumpin' Jag Flash
I've even used it on my dog. Good stuff!
Moral of this story: If it'll work on your dog, it'll work on your "cat"? LOL!!!

Never thought about Goop. Great that it'll clean and condition the leather without drying it out (leading to cracks) in a single product!

Lexol conditioner alone was over $7.

Last edited by Warspite; 03-09-2016 at 11:20 AM. Reason: Spell Check
Jumpin' Jag Flash (03-10-2016)
Old 03-09-2016, 12:34 PM

For the leather on my S-Type I use Connolly Leather Care Cleaner and then Connolly Hide Food Leather Conditioner. In the US - both are available form autogeek.net

Old 03-10-2016, 07:25 AM
Veteran Member
Location: Pawleys Island, SC USA (formerly from Tabernacle, NJ USA)
Received 182 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by Warspite
Moral of this story: If it'll work on your dog, it'll work on your "cat"? LOL!!!.
Badda boom!

Old 03-10-2016, 04:11 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 138 Likes on 82 Posts

Pinnacle Leather & Vinyl Cleaner:
Pinnacle Leather & Vinyl Cleaner is a pure cleaner without any silicone oils, petroleum solvents or gloss agents. Water-based surfactants and non-alkaline cleaning agents penetrate deep into every pore to gently lift out dirt, grease and oils. The toughest stains wipe away leaving only a fresh lemon scent. Pinnacle Leather & Vinyl Cleaner has a neutral pH rating of 7. This matches the natural pH of leather. No alkalinity means no drying or cracking so your leather stays younger longer. This pure cleaner contains no silicone oils, petroleum solvents or gloss agents so it will not discolor your leather, dry it out, or leave a greasy shine. Water-based surfactants and non-alkaline cleaning agents penetrate deep into the leather’s pores to remove dirt, grease, and oils, leaving nothing behind but clean leather. Your leather upholstery will look and feel factory-fresh! And its safe on vinyl surfaces as well!

Pinnacle Vinyl & Rubber Protectant:
Regular applications of Pinnacle Vinyl & Rubber Protectant fend off UV damage to keep your vehicle’s interior looking like new. Our state of the art protectant contains UV inhibitors that block the sun’s intense rays from penetrating and altering plastic, rubber, and vinyl surfaces. Over time, your vehicle’s interior retains its factory color and resists drying and cracking. Vinyl & Rubber Protectant is a water-based conditioner that nourishes your interior surfaces so they remain supple and moisturized. It contains NO petroleum distillates that can dry out the vinyl over time and cause premature cracking. Natural ingredients combined with high-tech protectants restore the original color and sheen to vinyl and rubber surfaces while shielding them from UV rays.

Pinnacle Leather Conditioner:
The VOC compliant formula in our Leather Conditioner is rich in lanolin and natural oils. These oils absorb into the leather’s pores, replacing its natural oils that were lost through processing and subsequent cleaning. Hydrated leather retains its softness and resists cracking caused by overexposure to the sun. The lanolin acts as a natural moisturizer for the hide, just like it works on human skin. Your leather will be left with a soft, satin glow, just like new leather. Leather Conditioner will preserve new leather and rejuvenate older leather that has become stiff. Because leather is a natural skin, it is sensitive to many of the same things as our own skin. Alkaline products will dry it out and cause premature aging. Leather Conditioner contains no petroleum distillates and will not dry the leather or its stitching. With a neutral pH rating of 7, it perfectly matches the natural pH of leather. In addition, Pinnacle Leather Conditioner contains a strong UV protectant to shield your leather from the harmful effects of the sun.

Jumpin' Jag Flash (03-11-2016)