S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jags so cheap? Why? Will the new XF affect the S Type in terms of depreciation

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2007, 10:56 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: JAGs SO CHEAP ? WHY ? WILL THE NEW XF AFFECT THE DEPRECIATION OF S-TYPES IN TERMS OF DEPRECIATIO

Don't worry if your getting the wholesale price on it (given its in good shape with no problems) and its a price that also has the mileage taken into account you'll have no problems getting what you paid for it out of it with tax title and plates...If you don't mind me asking what is the wholesale price at an auction for that particular car, year, model and options? How many miles will you put on the car as well as this does affect the price...

Welcome BTW!

Old 12-09-2007, 11:32 PM
Veteran Member
Default RE: JAGs SO CHEAP ? WHY ? WILL THE NEW XF AFFECT THE DEPRECIATION OF S-TYPES IN TERMS OF DEPRECIATIO

Can you hook me up with one?

If you were thinking of getting the car to hang onto it I'd get a newer 04 with under 50k miles and it should still be under factory warranty!

Which of the above are you getting?

IMO this is how I'd rate the price for future sale in a year...keep in mind this is my thoughts...you don't have to pay for plates though you probably have a dealer plate that covers it right? I'm sure your taxes work out differently don't they?

Maroom/Crem 10K Miles Navi$21700 ---are you kidding me?
Silver/Creme 42K Miles Navi $18600 ---good price
Charc/Creme 52K Miles Navi$17800 ---good price
Charc/Crem 62K Miles Navi $16300 ---good price
Charc/Grey 63K No Nav$15500 ---excellent price
Charc/Black 69K Miles Navi$14500 ---holy crap
Black/Black 82K MilesNavi$12900 ---oh my Goodness
White/Creme 95K Miles Navi $11500 ---are you kidding me?

Old 12-10-2007, 12:31 PM
Veteran Member

How long do you think you'll hang onto it and the mileage on it? Can you get an 04?

If i were in your case I'd do either of the top 2 or the charc/black leather 69k and say when you sold that one next year you should be able to get about 19k for it (IMO) with say 12k miles more on it...unless the s took a hit and dropped but I'd say it'd be worth that...

I'd try for a 04 or 05 though and see those prices!

Old 12-10-2007, 04:06 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,443 Likes on 1,838 Posts

this is not my neck of the woods but i'm aware of the all-time low prices for Jaguar from the current models down to 1968 when the first XJ-6 was sold.

The only Jaguars holding their value are the XK models. They sell for around $135,000.00 in choice condition. E-types, (XKE) and the old Saloons (Sedans) are going up slowly.

One reasonthe S and X types are so low isthat they have gotten a reputation for being a Ford Taurus. Don't ask me why, but Ford's influence has run Jaguar to the ground. And now that Jaguarison the ground, Ford wants to sell them,in other wordskicking them when they're down on the ground.Another reason is the Leasing Market. People want to unload their cars in 18 months or less because they want to have a new car every year, driving prices down. A Jaguar is for keeps.

My advice? don't buy it, you will not get your money back, which is kind of unrealistic with any new car anyway. Buy an Infiniti if you want to flip it. Jaguars are for keeps.

I've owned my 1984 XJ-6 for 17 years now. And I bought a 1965 S type (the REAL S type), 3 years ago. Do I want to sell them? No way.I love those cars.They are fine cars, the likes of which you can't get nowadays. Hand-assembled, not robot-assembled. A robot has no character, only speed.Themodern philosophy of "we gots to move these, refrigeraters..." is killing everything in sight.

Good luck.

Old 12-10-2007, 04:55 PM
Veteran Member

Hey jose did you read his post? He's getting the cars at auction prices...that can generally mean up to say a $10,000 difference between what he'd pay and what he'd see at the dealership...more than likely though most of the cars he posted are about 5k below dealer lots prices...

Old 12-10-2007, 05:56 PM
Veteran Member

If you plan on keeping it it for 6 months go with whatever one if your keeping it longer I'd go with the lower mileaged ones to get more out of it later or to sell it quicker...

Old 12-11-2007, 09:53 AM
Veteran Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

ALL highend cars lose tremendous value quickly. Look at the highend MB and BMW. They can't hold their prices. You want to see the bottom fall out of something, buy a Lambo or Ferreri. High buyers buy no cars, we buy used highend cars and can't afford what they are worth. If we could afford their value, we would buy new! Price a 4 year old Rolls or Bentley!

Old 12-11-2007, 12:24 PM
Veteran Member
Received 45 Likes on 15 Posts

ORIGINAL: aquill1

Can you hook me up with one?

If you were thinking of getting the car to hang onto it I'd get a newer 04 with under 50k miles and it should still be under factory warranty!

Which of the above are you getting?

IMO this is how I'd rate the price for future sale in a year...keep in mind this is my thoughts...you don't have to pay for plates though you probably have a dealer plate that covers it right? I'm sure your taxes work out differently don't they?

Maroom/Crem 10K Miles Navi$21700 ---are you kidding me?
Silver/Creme 42K Miles Navi $18600 ---good price
Charc/Creme 52K Miles Navi$17800 ---good price
Charc/Crem 62K Miles Navi $16300 ---good price
Charc/Grey 63K No Nav$15500 ---excellent price
Charc/Black 69K Miles Navi$14500 ---holy crap
Black/Black 82K MilesNavi$12900 ---oh my Goodness
White/Creme 95K Miles Navi $11500 ---are you kidding me?
Quil, can you believe this ****? With about the same mileage, I could've gotten an STR for the price of my 3.0

THAT'S NOT FARE(and yes I'm whinning)!

Old 12-11-2007, 07:14 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Amazing prices! Now I understand how I got what I considered a good deal from Texascarsdirect. They bought my car at auction fo apparently way less than I paid them. I'm not complaining mind you, I'm happy with my purchase. But dang those are some good prices!

Old 12-12-2007, 04:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are you car dealer? Do you havea license?

Old 12-12-2007, 07:31 PM
Veteran Member

And you can even make sure they have warranty? What about purchase the warranty before you'd hand it over to us?

Yeah I know bigs ain't that crazy? Sounds like you might have an str sooner rather than later eh?!!!

Old 12-13-2007, 08:56 AM
Veteran Member
Received 45 Likes on 15 Posts

Doubt it pal...but boy that does sound tempting. You never know, I might need to take a trip to Texas.

Old 12-13-2007, 06:01 PM
Veteran Member

So when you getting one from his biggs?

Quick Reply: Jags so cheap? Why? Will the new XF affect the S Type in terms of depreciation