S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jaguar Customer Service And Select Edition Is A Terrible Disgrace

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 11:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jaguar Customer Service And Select Edition Is A Terrible Disgrace

Im so upset to the point of actually giving my S-Type R back to the Jaguar Dealer. We went to 2 different dealers, paid close to $400 in diagnostic charges, and they still give me the same BS about the Hids are not covered under select. The BS they promote on autotrader is outright fraud and very deceptive from the consumer point of view.I contacted Jag 800 number to file a case and complain. It has been 5 days and no return phone calls from Jags 800 number regarding my case. The turnaround time is suppose to be 24 hrs. Im upset bc I can only drive the car in the daytime, and I cant take it out to the club bc the hidheadlights are pointing to the ground and you cant see the road at night. This is rediculous. I have contacted the BBB, Consumer Reports, and Consumer Affairs about Jaguar practices.

Old 02-12-2008, 10:34 AM
Default RE: Jaguar Customer Service And Select Edition Is A Terrible Disgrace

This will be the last Jaguar I will ever buy. This is pathetic.

Old 02-12-2008, 05:36 PM
Received 86 Likes on 54 Posts

[sm=signs006.gif]

Old 02-12-2008, 06:42 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,010 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  T15ESSJAG5.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  6.3 KBName:  X6JYMSAAB5.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  6.1 KBName:  AudiX6JYM-2.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  6.4 KB

Guys, please be careful..... Sounds all to familair to me!
Please be wary about encouraging this again by replying!

Jim

Old 02-12-2008, 06:54 PM
Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts

you just got to find a service advisor who is willing to help you... it's what he writes in his emails.. that he sends to jag for select coverage.. my advisor usually makes up a story .. to get almost everything covered.. HID 's , ball joints .. he always get's HID pieces covered except for x type modules..

Old 02-13-2008, 12:18 AM

Well heres the deal. I complained to the GM today since I only had the car for over a week. They have a policy 30day exchange or deduct. I explained my situation and told them they can take the car back and give me my money. He said they can do that but they have to subtract $2500 of the original purchase price to restock the car back on inventory. So he is giving me 5 days to decide. What you guys think ? They not fixing my HIDs.

Old 02-13-2008, 02:36 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

As I have said before, I have no problem with my headlights but I do agree that the dealers seem to make up the rules as they go and it really sucks to have to "Find the right dealer" I bought my car at a dealer 3 miles from my house and I have to take it 30 miles away to get decent service without getting ripped off or scammed. The unfortunate problem now is that if anybody claims to be having trouble with their HID's they get ganged up on buy everybody and it just becomes a putdown session because one a$$hole "BENZ" was such whinner!!
I'm going to use my better judgment and say that I think that this guy may...may be legit. It looks as if this car was actually bought from a Jag. dealer and not wholesale or from benz.
I may be dead wrong but in my opinion maybe we should listen this time. Maybe one of you techs that instst that the HID's are covered might be able to find out what the real problem and why he is having trouble getting covered at several different dealers. Then again maybe the whole story is not being told.

Old 02-13-2008, 04:59 AM

Pm me the last six of the vin. I will look at the car.
If they are goingto deduct $2500 to take car back you are better off paying the money to fix headlights and keep the sweet ride.

Old 02-13-2008, 06:25 AM

Wow!
Baed on that last post, being that I do work for a dealer, perhaps I or the other techs on here shouldnt answer the questions people ask or give advice unless you first send a diagnostic fee by way of paypal?
Not everyone is a crook and this line of thought has been addressed numerous times in other threads. So before you start hijacking a thread to vent your frustrations about dealerships, look through the posts and put it in the appropriate place. If you have something constructive to say that may help the guy put it up, otherwise vent in the thread entitled ******* so I don't have to read it.
Alot of free advice is given here, which most people appreciate and I understand many have issues with the dealer, but working there is how i make a living. Please don't keep disrespecting me or the other techs that come here. It is getting old.

Old 02-13-2008, 10:53 AM
Veteran Member
Received 9,010 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  T15ESSJAG5.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  6.3 KBName:  X6JYMSAAB5.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  6.1 KBName:  AudiX6JYM-2.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  6.4 KB

ORIGINAL: FactoryJaguarTech
Wow!
Baed on that last post, being that I do work for a dealer, perhaps I or the other techs on here shouldnt answer the questions people ask or give advice unless you first send a diagnostic fee by way of paypal?
Not everyone is a crook and this line of thought has been addressed numerous times in other threads. So before you start hijacking a thread to vent your frustrations about dealerships, look through the posts and put it in the appropriate place. If you have something constructive to say that may help the guy put it up, otherwise vent in the thread entitled ******* so I don't have to read it.
Alot of free advice is given here, which most people appreciate and I understand many have issues with the dealer, but working there is how i make a living. Please don't keep disrespecting me or the other techs that come here. It is getting old.
I'll second that motion!
There's been some fantastic advice given and results achieved by members and more recently techs on this site.
I also understand that it can be frustrating at times going through the dealer, but not always.

I know if I wasa Jah Tech seeing those posts I'd probably take it personally as well[&:]

Jim

Old 02-13-2008, 12:18 PM

It should be noted that these comments are not directed at the techs. We as customers deal only with the Service managers and service writers. These are the people that give us the info. that we feel is wrong and tell us that certain things are not covered. There is no question that the techs on this forum have been and will continue to be a great help.

Old 02-13-2008, 02:03 PM

Either way Im in a bad situation for the simple fact I will lose $2500 on a restocking fee or I will have to pay $2800 to get the headlights fixed at the dealership. Now I see how Select Edition works on claims and charges huge diagnostic fees time you bring the car in, it may be in my best intrest to turn the car in and lose the $2500. Just say i have another problem Select may give me the same BS about the part isnt covered then I will be out of more money. Whats your take ?

Old 02-13-2008, 02:13 PM

Did you buy the car for a Jaguar dealer?

Old 02-13-2008, 02:31 PM

Yes I did

Old 02-13-2008, 02:53 PM
Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts

3rd that motion... garages are struggling to fix jags right now.. they will never be able to fix future cars.. and ebay and sometimes i sell headlamp assemblies for a really good price..

Old 02-13-2008, 04:27 PM

I am gonna agree with pookster208 last post. But I completely understand the post from Jagtech also. The thing is everybody's perception about certain things are based on there personel experience.No matter how you take it, it always boils down to the stuff its related to no matter iteffects directly or not. Like here, If you have a bad experience with dealers on something, it always make you feel bad baout the car nomatter if its directly related or not.

Pookster mentioned this in a very straight and abrupt way, that dont make decisions about your cars based on your experience with the dealers or mehcanics.

I think nobody should take anything personal here, until its directly pointed toward them. I neverbother replying Benz, cause I know its his personalperception based on his own experienceabout a certain car, whcihdont make my Jag or any Jag bad. Infact I its something to do with him getting that car that cheap.

I might be saying the same stuff as jagman If I had a bad experience with the dealer I went to. Infact there's another member on this same forum who had a pretty tough experience with exactly the same dealer who replaced everything on my vehicle for free without a single $ in fees (including HID)

So its all about personel experience.

Old 02-13-2008, 05:28 PM

Well Im in a tough delimma right now. I think I will give my car back to the dealer and get ht with the $2500 restock dealer inventory fee, rather then paying $2800 for hids. I really like the car but since Jaguar isnt covering my hid problem under Select I will give the car back to my dealership. If I did keep the car why should I deal with paying a diagnostic fee each time I go into the dealer for future problems may arise, and then they tell me select wont cover it it would cost a couple thousands to fix ? Its a win-lose situation. So rather than fighting back with the select warranty company its best to return my car and lose the $2500 on restock inventory fee the GM states. I will not be getting another Jag but am considering a used cpo bmw m3 coupe. I cannot deal with poor customer service and bad warranty coverage that will leave the consumer shelling out lots of money bc coverage was denied. You guys havebeen a great help. Any imput would be helpful and informative guys. Thanks

Old 02-13-2008, 06:37 PM

Well first of all, I asked you to PM the last six of your VIN so I could make an attempt at helping you. Again that was ignored. Send it to me and I will see what I can find for you.

Pookster. I apologize for going off a little in response to your earlier post. No hard feelings I hope.
I try to help people here the best I can because they can't all bring their cars to me, and when people rant the way you did, it shows that no matter how many people are helped, it is all for nil.
Maybe when you need advice on something going on with your own vehicle, I will be there to answer the question, and maybe you will see that I am not such a bad guy.

Quick Reply: Jaguar Customer Service And Select Edition Is A Terrible Disgrace