Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jaguar Customer Service And Select Edition Is A Terrible Disgrace

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 12:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Jaguar Customer Service And Select Edition Is A Terrible Disgrace

ORIGINAL: FactoryJaguarTech
and maybe you will see that I am not such a bad guy.
[sm=exactly.gif]I can stand for that.

Old 02-14-2008, 02:23 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm trying to figure out why if this car was bought from a jag. dealer and the lights didn't work even though he didn't notice until he actually needed the headlights that SE even comes into play. They did not work when they sold him the car! So they will take his 2500.00 "restocking fee" and fix the headlights at his expense and he won't even get to keep the car. Is that about right? The other problem is that if they ever do agree to fix your lights you will never get those diag. fees that you paid back.
That's a pretty crappy way to introduce new people to the Jaguar brand.
I know when I bought my car and brought it home I found a coolant leak and when I brought it in to have it fixed they said that one leak was covered but said that there were 2 other laeks that weren't. When telling them that they were leaking when I bought the car 2 days earlier they tried to tell me that it must have happened on my way home from the dealer. How's that ! Luckily the sales dept. aggreed to pay for it but not before arguing with service. I had to bring the car in 5 more times for the same leaks and after insisting that they pressure tested for leaks there it was again. I will also tell you that I never had this kind of dealer trouble with my other 2 Jags.

Old 02-14-2008, 05:23 AM
Received 86 Likes on 54 Posts

Well the whole deal seems a little off to me.
Personally I would argue the point that it is a safety item and they sold car with safety item not working,
then maybe say you are going to call the local news about it. Business is slow as it is. They don't want bad publicity.
Again though, no Vin, no help. I am trying.

Old 02-14-2008, 09:06 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have owned many cars, Mercedes, BMW and now a STYPE 4.0. What do you think repairs or mods on a BMW or Mercedes will cost you. Everytime I went in for service for a tuneup or repair the bill was $350.00 and up.The reason a lot of places charge a diagnostic fee is at one time many people would bring thier cars in have the dealer tell them what is wrong and the cost of repair then the person would say don't touch it and pick the car up buy parts from anauto store and do the repairs themselves. If your a Lawyer or Doctor could you stay in bussiness and give out free advice all day, I think not.These cars are expensive to maintain. I buy my cars used, but, I check them out, I don,t take the dealers word for it. When I buy Ialways go in the evening on rainy days, this way you will know everything about the car. Lights, wipers, defogger, heat/ac, leaks, battery(do the lights flicker when you turn on an accessory). Don't just blast the stereo and think "man what a great sound system".Other than that purchase a Chevy or Ford if you want to save money on tuneup and repair and part costs.
Have a nice day
PS treat the sevice personnel decent and you usually get it back.

Old 02-14-2008, 11:15 AM

I can understand after being hammered by so many people why jagman121 is not all warm and fuzzy to thesupport he is being offered now. Hopefully he can get this problem resolved and keep the car.

Old 02-14-2008, 04:54 PM

Well I tried working with customer service again today, they finally replied. They state sometimes Select may cover things sometimes other times they wont it all depends on the dealerships. So I returning the car back to my dealer tommorow for a refund minus the $2500 restock charge which is absurd. This really sucks I really like my car. But whats the point of having a car when you cant drive it at night because your headlights dont work the way they should. Icurrently shopping for a 03-04 BMWM3 Coupeand I will be finalizing my deal this weekend so I can get on with the joy of driving.

Old 02-14-2008, 05:52 PM

Good luck.

Old 02-14-2008, 06:13 PM

Thanks guys for your help.

Old 02-15-2008, 02:06 AM

And they didn't work when you bought the car. Nice way to scam 2500.00 out of someone. Sell them a "certified" NOT, car that was probably never even looked at and refuse to fix a problem and charge them to return it plus the diag. fees that he already paid.. Now the techs can see that there are no guarenteed or mandated repairs even though they say that they are covered. And they can do to anybody at any time according to SE.
There are plenty of us who know just how you feel. Sorry that your first Jaguar experience has to be your last one.
Good luck!
That's something that I'm not sure that I really want to know but at least maybe people will get a little more courtesy next time they complain that the dealer won't cover something. At least my after market warranty is a contract with all covered items spelled out!

Old 02-15-2008, 05:17 AM

Sorry to say this, but I think the whole thing was a crock of.....
Legally, in whatever state you live in the US, a safety item on a car has to be working.
If, as stated, the car was bought at a dealer with select edition, he would have the select contract stating headlamps operational. By law, if they weren't operating correctly when he bought it, they have to fix it, warranty or not. It is the law.
I don't think there is an s-type, and if I am wrong and there is moreto the story, then why would he again not accept help that was being offered? Twice I asked for vin via pm. None provided. Maybe, maybe, maybe.
No way for us to know one way or another. I was born with a suspicious mind, so I know which way I am going.

This in no way should affect people looking to buy a select edition car.
I deal with ext warr every day, and select is by far the best one out there for jag.

Old 02-16-2008, 12:04 AM

FJT is right. When I bought my car from Dallas area, it was morning.At night I came to know that one light is pointing Down. So i called the dealer and asked him If you run a 140 point inspection on the CPO vehicle , then how come u missed something like this obvious. He apologies and asked me to take it to any Dealer ship cause its a CPO vehicle, as I live in houston and its far.

I went to a local Momentum Dealership, and they checked everything (the hood is little offset, and sunvisor was broke) NO diag fees. They said everything covered but the visor, as its a daily use plastic item. I can even argue for that also as I bought it from dealer and they should have checked it, but I just let it go.They gave me a loaner for 4 days as it was weekend and charge me NIL for everything.

Old 02-16-2008, 02:29 AM

I too get a loaner everytime I bring my car in for service at no cost but I'm more concerned that like with my car they are supposed to give it this inspection and very obvious things are missed. My headlights also pointed down and they fixed them at no charge but I had a coolant leak that ended up taking 5 times to fix and during that repair they found another leak that was not covered and claimed that it must have started leaking on my way home the day I bought it. I would have liked to have seen them fix that as a courtesy. As I said before I have been taking it to another dealer but one is 3 mi. from my house and the other is 26 mi. away.

Old 02-16-2008, 10:29 AM
Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts

i agree with the crock.. weird how the dealer won't pay for it..

Old 02-16-2008, 10:33 AM

Bo in your case, the coolant work should have been done as a goodwill. I do not understand why some dealers will cover the lights and some will not. I personally from all the techs I talk with have not found one yet that will not cover HID lighting. Select just doesnt cover bulbs and whatnot. Seems that only on these posts is a very very few number of people having an issue with select not covering lights. Could be that there is something more ominous with the car, ie the guy that had pink bulbs in his HID etc. Either way, I know and most others know that select does cover HID.
I would graciously ask that we close this discussion at this time.

Old 02-16-2008, 01:49 PM

ok I just went over the updated list for Select edition covered items and headlamps assemblies (HID) are covered on the following models:
X type 2002 and on
S type 2003 and on
XJ 2004 and on
Xk 2007 and on

These items have been on the list since April 16 2007

Hope this helps

Old 02-16-2008, 04:43 PM

Where did you find the list JHE? Only one I have is from the warranty clerk and it lists covered and non covered. Not sure if there is an actual official list.

Old 02-16-2008, 04:51 PM

Well I turned my car back into the dealership yesterday. They gave me a check minus $1000 difference. I argued with the manager back and forth and he agreed to take $1000 for dealer inventory restock fee. I enjoyed my car and will miss it indeed. But at the end of the day you cant drive something without headlights not working which is a safety issue. So I had to be safe. Anyways guys Im finalizing a deal on a 03 BMW M3 Coupe with SMG, Im soexcited I can get back to driving. Its been fun jag guys again thanks for all the help and support but at least I tried.

Old 02-16-2008, 04:57 PM

umm at least you tried? You didn't listen to a thing anyone said. Anyway....I am done.

Old 02-17-2008, 12:37 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Heeee's baaaack![]

Quick Reply: Jaguar Customer Service And Select Edition Is A Terrible Disgrace