Received 86 Likes on 54 Posts
Default RE: Jaguar Customer Service And Select Edition Is A Terrible Disgrace

lol

Old 02-17-2008, 06:21 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: badmojo

And they didn't work when you bought the car. Nice way to scam 2500.00 out of someone. Sell them a "certified" NOT, car that was probably never even looked at and refuse to fix a problem and charge them to return it plus the diag. fees that he already paid.. Now the techs can see that there are no guarenteed or mandated repairs even though they say that they are covered. And they can do to anybody at any time according to SE.
There are plenty of us who know just how you feel. Sorry that your first Jaguar experience has to be your last one.
Good luck!
That's something that I'm not sure that I really want to know but at least maybe people will get a little more courtesy next time they complain that the dealer won't cover something. At least my after market warranty is a contract with all covered items spelled out!
Hey mojo did you read the posts? Not to get on you or anything but the entire time people were on here trying to help and much like a name I am going to refrain from using jagman wouldn't give out any other information except that he was looking for a bmw and se wasn't helping. I could be wrong but 99% of what he said sounded like you know who. 100% of how he reacted or rather didn't react was exactly like you know who...honestly I highly doubt the true reason they wouldn't fix the stuff had anything to do with se. If he did in fact buy the car from jag there is no way no matter how crappy the dealer is that they purposefully sold him a car that had headlights that didn't work, let alone not fixing them for him. I guarantee that had he found the problem and took it to them or called them they would have fixed them no questions asked. Keep in mind though that many dealers sell cars with no warranty and an as-is warranty but the price generally compensates you by selling the car at a discount rate. Everything that was posted sounded awful familiar.

Most people on here that are honest have gotten their lights fixed if I'm not mistaken?

Old 02-17-2008, 09:24 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yea I know, I just wanted to give him the benefit of the dought. Thats why I asked him if he bought It from a dealer. I guess sometimes I just want to believe that people are honest. SE does have it's faults though.
Aaaaaaaaany way I thought if it was B2J that he was at least a little more human on this post.
But I get your point.

Old 02-18-2008, 09:15 AM
Veteran Member

SE may have its faults but its not necessarily SE that has the problems. Think of when some people say stories and leave out the very detail that would totally change how you think of what happened. Someone telling a story could leave out a statement or alter a statement in their favor, for example I recently bought a new car. That person could say "I recently bought a car" and it could have been 2 months being their perspective on recently. People many times leave out important circumstances that naturally will make SE seem to be the blame when in fact it is there fault. For instance I highly doubt SE would cover a headlight malfunctioning if the car has a history of front end damage (at least I know I wouldn't if I were SE.) It's kind of like you know who saying I got a great deal on a str and yet when there is one problem he complained. Both you and jaguarnaut both got your lights fixed and you bought them from a dealer. Watch carefully when people are trying to help out and give many different suggestions and yet the most simple one (last 6 of the vin) and that person doesn't reach back. The first thing stated after asking for a vin is I'm already looking for a different car??? That makes no sense, he obviously either has money to waste or knew full well when getting the car that there would probably be problems. I would never be willing to waste money, obviously that guy did!

Old 02-18-2008, 11:45 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The problem is that we don't always get the whole story so we have to go by what we do know and try to help using that info.
Besides a lot of my comments are based on my own experience with SE and I am just agreeing that they aren't perfect. Also if a car had a history of front end damage it most likely would not be certified but if it was then the lights should be covered and if it was damaged afterwards then I would think Insurance would cover the lights as part of the repair.
I'm just going to leave it as NO we don't know the whole story and just bow out of this one.
No offense intended!

Old 02-18-2008, 12:38 PM
Veteran Member

No offence taken, bud!
No hey that's all I was trying to make clear! Chances are the half of the story he left out was the most vital one! He had no probs neglecting help everyone was giving him! Like I said about the damage of the front end, perhaps he didn't even have SE to begin with, that is more or less what I was trying to get to with se not covering it...the car probably didn't even have SE! He wasn't too worried as he obviously found it to be easier to pay taxes on the str than pay to return it and than pay for taxes on the bmw...I couldn't imagine paying to return a car I just bought because they were neglecting fixing the car...a certain member from history comes to mind! LOL!!! And every warranty has a problem! Ever deal with an aftermarket company? Goodness, they leave a crappier taste in the mouth![:'(]

Old 02-20-2008, 10:28 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just for the hell of it start looking at BMW boards in about a week. Feel sorry for those guys

Old 02-20-2008, 02:27 PM
Veteran Member

Yeah lol! You ever see the link where frombenz started bashing me on the mb site which hated him? That was comical! I joined that forum just to let those guys know what was up! They ripped into the guy like no other and he even said he was a mb fan and they ripped right into him! It was awesome!

Old 02-20-2008, 10:19 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I really wish frombenz would get electrocuted by his computer...

Old 02-21-2008, 09:53 AM
Veteran Member

Ha ha lol! Your funny! Just get a spurratic charge through the mouse! Or the next time he types steal.... bzzzzzzzzzzzz....

Old 02-21-2008, 02:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I did get the Tax money back as well. only thing I lost was a $1000 dealer restocking fee. I ended up buying a C32 AMG Mercedes Benz 2 days ago and its similar to my former R. Its V6 and has Kompressor Supercharger, and its fast as well. I couldnt be much more happier, plus the xenon headlights work and dont point towards the ground. Anyways Jag guys its been fun. Thanks

Old 02-24-2008, 04:52 PM
Veteran Member

Wow...what a waste of money...Good luck hopefully it has a warranty!

Old 02-24-2008, 04:59 PM

[sm=headbang.gif][sm=icon_blah.gif][sm=icon_blah.gif][sm=icon_blah.gif][sm=icon_blah.gif][sm=icon_blah.gif][sm=idontcare.gif][sm=lame.gif][sm=rant.gif][sm=violin.gif]

And wtf was that other post from the MBWorld dude. jgsx.....what a *****.

Old 02-24-2008, 09:00 PM
Veteran Member

ORIGINAL: FactoryJaguarTech

[sm=headbang.gif][sm=icon_blah.gif][sm=icon_blah.gif][sm=icon_blah.gif][sm=icon_blah.gif][sm=icon_blah.gif][sm=idontcare.gif][sm=lame.gif][sm=rant.gif][sm=violin.gif]

And wtf was that other post from the MBWorld dude. jgsx.....what a *****.
What post from jgsx??? You mean the one I deleted?

Old 02-25-2008, 05:01 AM

Lol yeah. I was responding and then said unable to post. Justas well you deleted it. My response want very pleasant.

Old 02-25-2008, 08:12 AM
Veteran Member

I'm not going for that crap. We are all mature enough we wouldn't waste our time in going on other forum stouting our cars (it isn't worth it) so yeah I deleted it because the last thing we need is a war! I can only imagine what you would have said than he would have went back to mb forums and brought others over here and than back and forth, it surely isn't worth it! Especially when there is nobody here that would waste their own time to do what he was talking about. Wonder if it was you know who trying to take a different stance in starting crap between the 2 forums?

Old 02-25-2008, 08:49 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What happened to the finalizing deal on the BMW M3? This guy is nuts or has a twin brother out there. Wait till he gets a repair bill on an AMG, the Benz forums will never be the same.

Old 02-25-2008, 10:29 AM

Yeah...LOL he sucks.

Old 02-25-2008, 11:26 AM
Veteran Member

No the mb cpo or whatever they all it covers everything! Next he'll be spending 2k to sell the car back to the dealer and on to a bmw! Good luck there! Every single one of these cars has problems. We'd be better off getting a bone stock 5 speed car with windows that don't open....wait I have the cure! But than again you'd still have to have some type of bearing to help the spin...

Old 02-25-2008, 11:27 AM
Veteran Member

Hopefully you guys like that! I don't know why I didn't come up with that for frombenz sooner!

Quick Reply: Jaguar Customer Service And Select Edition Is A Terrible Disgrace