S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jaguar S type R police car, wooohooo!

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2011, 08:29 PM
Veteran Member
Received 86 Likes on 61 Posts
Default Jaguar S type R police car, wooohooo!

Thought I would share this with everyone; came across reading an article online about using exotic cars as police cars, don't know if many of you have read or heard about it, check it out....

Finnish police got a new toy, Jaguar S-type R, few years ago.

Instead of using it for ceremonial purposes and such, they decided to test it on field... And you know what happens: refer to attached pics(3).

The text on the bottom of the crashed police STR says "You just don't know how to do it"

I think they have wrecked it few times already......, what a waste of an STR!! lolz

..FYI looks like Finnland isn't alone using Jag S types as their police cars, even Canada started using em which are regular S types not STR's refer to last two pics.(2)

Attached Thumbnails Jaguar S type R police car, wooohooo!-poliisi_jaguar.jpg   Jaguar S type R police car, wooohooo!-1076152538801.jpg   Jaguar S type R police car, wooohooo!-244577827_bf3321c151_z.jpg   Jaguar S type R police car, wooohooo!-canada-jaguar-s-type.jpg   Jaguar S type R police car, wooohooo!-police_car_rcmp_jag_side_ii.jpg  

Last edited by jag79; 02-20-2011 at 09:24 PM. Reason: canadian police car is regular S type not STR.
Old 02-20-2011, 08:34 PM
Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts

Wow, nice find!

Old 02-20-2011, 08:42 PM
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

We have a few chargers around here, mainly on the interstate. But I did see a decked out evo 7 or 8 police car with more lights than I've ever seen before. As I was walking by, the officer was coming out of the station so I asked him about. Firstly, he knew absolutely nothing about the car (or that it was even a mitsubishi) and the car was only used for the Dare program.

I heard california has a lambo, not sure if its true or not.

Old 02-20-2011, 09:09 PM
Veteran Member
Received 431 Likes on 389 Posts

The Canadian "S"'s weren't "R"'s...likely 3.0 or 4.2's

Old 02-20-2011, 09:15 PM
Veteran Member
Received 220 Likes on 203 Posts

Originally Posted by phaelax
We have a few chargers around here, mainly on the interstate. But I did see a decked out evo 7 or 8 police car with more lights than I've ever seen before. As I was walking by, the officer was coming out of the station so I asked him about. Firstly, he knew absolutely nothing about the car (or that it was even a mitsubishi) and the car was only used for the Dare program.

I heard california has a lambo, not sure if its true or not.
No! But in Italy the Carabinieri had a Gallardo but I think they eventually wrecked it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgZ5z6jIeC4

Old 02-20-2011, 09:23 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by bfsgross
The Canadian "S"'s weren't "R"'s...likely 3.0 or 4.2's
LOlz...should have clarified it in the description that the Finnish police had only the STR not the Canadians, those last two pics are regular S types don't know if its the 3.0 or 4.2 either

Last edited by jag79; 02-20-2011 at 10:34 PM.
Old 02-21-2011, 05:48 AM
Veteran member
Received 194 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by jag79
..FYI looks like Finnland isn't alone using Jag S types as their police cars, even Canada started using em which are regular S types not STR's refer to last two pics.(2)
The Canadian car is just a design study / promotional car done by a company called MCL Motors. I do not know of any regular police duty S Types... The occasional "show" car is quite common around the globe. A way for police to positively promote themselves.

MCL Motors is actually a Vancouver high line dealer... Aston, Rolls, Jaguar, etc. So, you can see how the two can benefit..

So, on the police car theme... LOL

How about a major car company selling a car as a police car only!

That is what GM is doing with the Chevy Caprice Police Car... It is a rebadged Holden Statesman from Australia. Not the first time it has been sold here.. The shorter version had a brief stint as the Pontiac G8...Also, the Holden RWD platform is what the new Camaro is...

But this takes the cake!

Old 02-21-2011, 11:49 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by JOsworth
The Canadian car is just a design study / promotional car done by a company called MCL Motors. I do not know of any regular police duty S Types... The occasional "show" car is quite common around the globe. A way for police to positively promote themselves.

MCL Motors is actually a Vancouver high line dealer... Aston, Rolls, Jaguar, etc. So, you can see how the two can benefit..

So, on the police car theme... LOL

How about a major car company selling a car as a police car only!

That is what GM is doing with the Chevy Caprice Police Car... It is a rebadged Holden Statesman from Australia. Not the first time it has been sold here.. The shorter version had a brief stint as the Pontiac G8...Also, the Holden RWD platform is what the new Camaro is...

But this takes the cake!

Ahh Jeff I saw that new Chevy Caprice police car on Discovery Channel. They did a nice story on all the gimmicks of that car awhile back. Its amazing what high tech stuff that car has.

As for the Canadians having an S type for a squad car/promotional display; Its true they have a few up in Vancouver that use the S type to patrol the streets and not only for display, but then again who cares what they use it for as long they are making some use of out of the S types, right, lolz

Cheers!

Old 02-21-2011, 12:16 PM
Veteran Member
Received 506 Likes on 258 Posts

NJSP has a LOT of unmarked chargers. Including one with 22" Chrome wheels, FULL window tint (illegal in NJ), and some dragon graphic in the back window... I've seen it at least 3x having people pulled over. Lot of led lighting behind the tint.

These are their latest toys:

Supposedly they have 25 of them statewide according to my source. 10 marked and 15 unmarked. NJSP is slowly transitioning to the Kustom Prolaser III (after years of X and K band radar use), which includes a digital image of the car the crosshairs are set on.

All of the NJSP laser units are handheld.

They still have the kustom directional eagle radar systems in the car, with both forward and rearward antennas and the ability to clock either forward or rearward approaching traffic.

Fortunately, they arent too Gestapo in their speed enforcement.

Take care,

George

Attached Thumbnails Jaguar S type R police car, wooohooo!-statepolicecamaro.jpg  
Old 02-21-2011, 12:38 PM
Veteran Member
Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Old 02-21-2011, 03:47 PM
Veteran Member
Received 128 Likes on 122 Posts

Freakin unmarked Chargers.....got nabbed by one myself a few years back in my X type. Morning rush, doing maybe 45 in a 35, along with everyone else. He picked me out of the flock for reasons unknown (I was in the slow lane getting passed for crissakes).

Ended up with a no-points $90 fine for "failing to obey traffic sign" or some garbage.

Bone stock Charger, blue. Couldn't really even see the lights on the deck/dash until he lit them up.

As a younger guy, I remember the PSP had a few 5.0 Stang's for the highway division HQ down the road from me.