Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just bought a 06' STR!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2011, 06:20 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Just bought a 06' STR!!!

Just thought I would like to share with fellow STR's owners I finally bought a 06' Blue on Dove S type R with 47,000miles on her. Hopefully on Monday I'm going to pick it up and drive it back. Gonna be a long drive but well worth it. I'll have some pics up soon of it. Hopefully I'm going to do the pulley upgrade as well as the exhaust mod on it once I get it, I already have ordered the parts. Looks like my younger brother is going to enjoy my old S type for his 16th birthday .
Only thing about this STr is that it has a salvage title on it so I can't get no 3rd party Warranty on it due to the that , it was hit from the front which was repaired flawlessly can't even tell;I had an independent 3rd party Inspection done after it was bought at the Auto Auction to check out the bottom frame for any damage and what not, everything checks out O.K and the CArFAx has it noted that it was hit lightly in the front with no airbag activated. Looks like it was in an accident few months back in end of DEC 10'. I got this at stellar price can't complain. But anyhow thanks to everyone who advised me on what upgrades to get.

God Bless!

UPdate; added pics, sorry if the pics are kinda crappy, my Cousin took them with his iPhone whose a car dealer. The STR was bought over in Texas at an Auto Auction, so on MOnday I'm flying over there to pick her up and drive it back. I think the wheels are Barcelonas my cousin had no clue what they were, but said they were 19's. I might even lower it later on or even throw some DUBS with spinners, gangsta!

Attached Thumbnails Just bought a 06' STR!!!-interior.jpg   Just bought a 06' STR!!!-wheel.jpg   Just bought a 06' STR!!!-p5785.jpg  

Last edited by jaguar007; 03-07-2011 at 02:41 PM.
Old 03-05-2011, 07:03 PM
Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts

Awesome! Welcome to the STR club. She looks beautiful. How much did you pay for it?

Old 03-05-2011, 07:07 PM
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

I might even lower it later on or even throw some DUBS with spinners, gangsta!
I so hope that was a joke

has it noted that it was hit lightly in the front with no airbag activated.
No airbag doesn't mean there was not significant damage. My 300 never had the airbags go despite slamming head on into a uhaul at 70mph and completely crushing the engine to bits, nearly flipped the truck. And my airbags never blew.

Last edited by phaelax; 03-05-2011 at 07:11 PM.
Old 03-05-2011, 07:10 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Pushing_Tin
Awesome! Welcome to the STR club. She looks beautiful. How much did you pay for it?
Thank you PUshing Tin, I had my cousin whose a car dealer like I mentioned over in Texas bid up to $14,200 minus the auction fees, so all in all I payed $14,550. YOu can't beat that price for this car with only 47k miles on her even though its a Salvage title

Old 03-05-2011, 07:14 PM
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

I'd say that's a good price with low miles for the year. So this is your 2nd s-type?

Old 03-05-2011, 07:16 PM

Cool, seems like a great price if you plan to keep her for a long time. It was probably $65k or more new. I like the stock wheels if you want my opinion.

Originally Posted by jaguar007
Thank you PUshing Tin, I had my cousin whose a car dealer like I mentioned over in Texas bid up to $14,200 minus the auction fees, so all in all I payed $14,550. YOu can't beat that price for this car with only 47k miles on her even though its a Salvage title

Old 03-05-2011, 07:19 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by phaelax
I so hope that was a joke

No airbag doesn't mean there was not significant damage. My 300 never had the airbags go despite slamming head on into a uhaul at 70mph and completely crushing the engine to bits, nearly flipped the truck. And my airbags never blew.
The carfax only noted light front end damage with no airbags deployment, I had the 3rd party Inspection also check into that to make sure, and they too couldn't see any evidence or airbag deployment. My main concern was damaged front end like the body frame and axle, but thank god everything checked out, they even test drove and it drove perfectly straight dont even need a alignment which I was thinking I might needed.

Take care..

Old 03-05-2011, 07:20 PM
Veteran Member
Received 431 Likes on 389 Posts

LOL! phaelax! I was gunna write that! Now everybody just sit back and shut up. I'm gunna take care of this. jaguar007...ya better listen, and ya better listen good...If you so much as touch those wheels, install flourecent lighting under that STR's belly, screw on gangsta bumper strips to her rear bumper to drag on the ground, hang a huge pair of fuzzy dice from her mirror, fill her trunk with a denture shakin boom box...we'll personally road trip to Mississipa to...Congratulate ya on yer 06 STR. Don't bling her...pretty please. The STR is a semi-exotic British road machine. Mod her under the hood, but please don't....

Last edited by bfsgross; 03-06-2011 at 12:32 PM.
Old 03-05-2011, 07:28 PM
Banned

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrT9J...eature=relatedOnce I get my tax refunds back I might look into getting these rims

Old 03-05-2011, 07:28 PM
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

maybe it's me but that wheel looks bent.

Old 03-05-2011, 07:31 PM

Ugh, I just threw up in my mouth a little bit. To each their own, but that is god awful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrT9J...eature=relatedOnce I get my tax refunds back I might look into getting these rims

Old 03-05-2011, 07:33 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by bfsgross
LOL! phaelax! I was gunna write that! Now everybody just sit back and shut up. I'm gunna take care of this. jaguar007...ya better listen, and ya better listen good...If you you so much as touch those wheels, install flourecent lighting under that STR's belly, screw on gangsta bumper strips to her rear bumper to drag on the ground, hang a huge pair of fuzzy dice from her mirror, fill her trunk with a denture shakin boom box...we'll personally road trip to Mississipa to...Congratulate ya on yer 06 STR. Don't bling her...pretty please. The STR is a semi-exotic British road machine. Mod her under the hood, but please don't....
What!!!! what you talking about boy, here in the deep south of Mississippi if you don't have DuBS you considered an outcast especially in the area where I live mostly every other household has a DUBs on there cars no ground effects tho. But yeah I might not do it right now, but if I get pressured into doing it because my friends threaten me by doing a drive by then don't get angry at me if I post up some pics of my STR with DUBs on Spinners

Last edited by jaguar007; 03-05-2011 at 07:42 PM.
Old 03-05-2011, 07:35 PM
Banned

Haters will always hate but those Barcelona's might get me enough money if I sell them to purchase new Rimz,hmmmm.....

Old 03-05-2011, 08:01 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by phaelax
I'd say that's a good price with low miles for the year. So this is your 2nd s-type?
Yeah bruh, this will be my 2nd, but I'm giving my 4.2 S type to my younger sibling whose turned 16, so it will be his first car. I told him if he stays out of trouble and away from Meth and all those crack heads then I'll surely give it to him, so far he's been a good boy and deserves it. What can I say I'm a good role model for him

Old 03-05-2011, 08:36 PM
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

I bet that black dude in that video has all of the mods on a credit card and will never pay them off.

Also, for 14k that is a steal as long as it runs good! Drive it until the wheels fall off, no point in keeping it nice with a salvage title. I'm not even sure i would wax it.

Old 03-05-2011, 09:12 PM
Veteran Member
Received 43 Likes on 35 Posts

Please if you do 20's do some FICSK, HRE,LOWNHART, something lightweight, the car doesnt deserve heavy wheels what WILL tear up the drivetrain.
heavy 20"+ wheels belong on SUV's not performance oriented cars.

You will NEVER see a 911 or a Ferrari or a Lambo on 20's and if you do I will bet my life they weigh less then your head and require a double mortgage.

I hope you change your mind once you get behind the wheel and put the pedal down but please do that safely the STR doesnt hesistate to eat a small child when built correctly.

Old 03-05-2011, 09:37 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,715 Likes on 1,215 Posts

jaguar007, beautiful color combos....congrats!!!

Old 03-05-2011, 10:43 PM

Nobody's hatin, I would guess that most of the people here could easily afford to put those rims on their cars if they really wanted to. If you're going to crunk out the car why did you bother buying the R in the first place? Running big heavy rims like that defeats the purpose of having an R performance model imo. The R is a really unique car and should be treated with a little more respect. But hey it's your car after all, but don't expect to post up pics like that and not have some people take issues with it.

Haters will always hate but those Barcelona's might get me enough money if I sell them to purchase new Rimz,hmmmm.....

Old 03-05-2011, 11:01 PM
Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts
Old 03-05-2011, 11:01 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by joycesjag
jaguar007, beautiful color combos....congrats!!!
Thank you for your kind words sir!

Quick Reply: Just bought a 06' STR!!!