Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just bought a 06' STR!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2011, 11:06 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Pushing_Tin
Nobody's hatin, I would guess that most of the people here could easily afford to put those rims on their cars if they really wanted to. If you're going to crunk out the car why did you bother buying the R in the first place? Running big heavy rims like that defeats the purpose of having an R performance model imo. The R is a really unique car and should be treated with a little more respect. But hey it's your car after all, but don't expect to post up pics like that and not have some people take issues with it.
Oye! If I would consider DuBS with spinners of course I would get light weight ones, Come on now Im not rushing to get Spinners, I still have change left for Mods for exhaust and pulley stashed away. Like I said try living in my neighborhood with a 2 Jags without Spinners, I'm telling you, its like driving a bentley in the projects, you stand out like a sore thumb, but if you blend in, then your one of the boys; ya catch my drift So dont worry guys right now if I do consider spinners I will know that I will need light weight ones For now the Barcelona's will stay on

Old 03-05-2011, 11:08 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Mafioso
Please if you do 20's do some FICSK, HRE,LOWNHART, something lightweight, the car doesnt deserve heavy wheels what WILL tear up the drivetrain.
heavy 20"+ wheels belong on SUV's not performance oriented cars.

You will NEVER see a 911 or a Ferrari or a Lambo on 20's and if you do I will bet my life they weigh less then your head and require a double mortgage.

I hope you change your mind once you get behind the wheel and put the pedal down but please do that safely the STR doesnt hesistate to eat a small child when built correctly.
Thanks bruh, If I ever take that route with spinners I was going to go with lightweight ones, I have many friends with spinners they are like freakn experts out here of all types and styles, but for now Im just going to enjoy it how it is and do the exhaust and pulley mods, If your air intakes go on Sale please let me know

Last edited by jaguar007; 03-05-2011 at 11:11 PM.
Old 03-06-2011, 12:19 AM
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Welcome....
you know whats funny.. most of us in the Forum loved the barcelonas...
my STR didn't come with Jaguar Factory rims... (it come with chrome wheels) So it took me a while to track a nice set of Barcelonas, and its so sad your letting your go...

Well you on the other hand.. you might have someone in the forum willing to trade for it.

take care.

Old 03-06-2011, 12:37 AM
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

That made me laugh!

And that video made me cringe

Old 03-06-2011, 12:48 AM
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

I dont like the barcelonas. They are way too conservative for my taste. I'm going to get a baller set of Asanti AF162 rims after I pay uncle sam his 30 grand. Maybe in the summer

Old 03-06-2011, 02:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats on the car, looks good. Hey did you happen to purchase it from San Jose , Calif ?

Old 03-06-2011, 04:14 AM
Veteran Member
Received 220 Likes on 203 Posts

Originally Posted by Pushing_Tin
Ugh, I just threw up in my mouth a little bit. To each their own, but that is god awful.
Oh I dunno. It comes in handy at times ...

You both get to that really long light at the same time and you can just lean out the door (as long as it's a Lambo door) with a nice clean plate plus block of Parmigiano-Reggiano then you press it against that hygienically clean spinner. Presto you've got a months worth of pasta toppings!

Buon appetito!

Attached Thumbnails Just bought a 06' STR!!!-260px-parmigiano_reggiano_piece.jpg  
Old 03-06-2011, 04:17 AM
Veteran Member
Received 220 Likes on 203 Posts

Originally Posted by joycesjag
jaguar007, beautiful color combos....congrats!!!
+1

Those colors is what I almost bought but ended up with the green instead. A classy combo.

Old 03-06-2011, 07:46 AM
Veteran member
Received 251 Likes on 220 Posts

Originally Posted by jaguar007
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrT9J...eature=relatedOnce I get my tax refunds back I might look into getting these rims
I wish gas was still at $2.78

If you elect to watch this video please be aware that the language may be offensive and I recommend that you mute the volume.

Last edited by Gus; 03-06-2011 at 08:33 AM. Reason: Note on offensive language
Old 03-06-2011, 10:59 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,559 Likes on 3,964 Posts

Nice car. The rims are worth $$$ if you do decide to change them.

Old 03-06-2011, 11:57 AM
Veteran Member
Received 128 Likes on 122 Posts

Very nice color combo! Good deal too IMHO. Welcome to the STR crew!

I think after a while you'll come to love the look of the car with the OEM wheels as-is....you can kind of stay under the radar a bit too, the STR is a bit of a stoplight "sleeper".... Of course your choice on how you style your car.

Old 03-06-2011, 12:54 PM
Veteran Member
Received 431 Likes on 389 Posts
Default A Jag man is different.

jaguar007, a Jag "man" is different. His car is different than the "boys" in the hood...a man drives a gentlemans car. In other words jaguar007...you'll garner then command greater respect by setting yourself separate and aside from the "others", and maintenance of this poise elevates you to the MAN! Your 16 year old brother will also notice and emulate the mature and classy attributes of his older "MAN" bro. There were only 2006 125 STR's produced. You have a rare semi-exotic automobile jaguar007! Your forum buddies discuss the present and future value of the STR. Some of us speculate there may be a strong market in the future for her. If you think pickin her up for $14700 was cool and BLING her bro...I wouldn't mind buying her from ya for $4700 in a couple of years? Please, let her "be" bro.

Old 03-06-2011, 03:02 PM
Veteran Member
Received 507 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by bfsgross
LOL! phaelax! I was gunna write that! Now everybody just sit back and shut up. I'm gunna take care of this. jaguar007...ya better listen, and ya better listen good...If you so much as touch those wheels, install flourecent lighting under that STR's belly, screw on gangsta bumper strips to her rear bumper to drag on the ground, hang a huge pair of fuzzy dice from her mirror, fill her trunk with a denture shakin boom box...we'll personally road trip to Mississipa to...Congratulate ya on yer 06 STR. Don't bling her...pretty please. The STR is a semi-exotic British road machine. Mod her under the hood, but please don't....
Hey now! I have what could be described as a "denture shaking boom box" in the trunk of my car... Then again, by your choice of the words "denture shaking" I fear the old saying "If it's too loud you're too old" may apply.

I agree with everything else you've said though. No neons, dubs, spinners or anything of the sort. It would be such a shame to lose the BBS Barcelonas for some ghettotastic rims...

Take care,

George

Old 03-06-2011, 03:04 PM
Veteran Member
Received 507 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by 08Z06
I dont like the barcelonas. They are way too conservative for my taste. I'm going to get a baller set of Asanti AF162 rims after I pay uncle sam his 30 grand. Maybe in the summer
Let me know when you do. One man's trash is another man's treasure right? And I'm local.

Take care,

George

Old 03-06-2011, 03:23 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by flyer621
Congrats on the car, looks good. Hey did you happen to purchase it from San Jose , Calif ?
Thanks bro for the compliments, but I had this bought a Auto Auction over in Texas. According to the carFax this car was originally from Cali tho. Only 2 owners on it. The accident which resulted in a Salvage title occurred in Cali, and it was restored in Texas.

TC.

Old 03-06-2011, 04:38 PM
Veteran Member
Received 86 Likes on 61 Posts

Congrats Jaguar007 on your STR! Welcome to the family of STR's. Whatever you do to your STR mods, spinners or whatever its your ride and do as you wish. We will support you either way. LOlz...even if you go with spinners but in my opinion I say go with 20" Asanti's. Anyhow take it easy and stay safe, sounds like you live in a rough area, by any chance do you carry a licensed firearm with you all the time?

Old 03-06-2011, 05:28 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Michael Star
I wish gas was still at $2.78

If you elect to watch this video please be aware that the language may be offensive and I recommend that you mute the volume.
Uhhhhhhh....didn't know a few words starting with the letter F would offend you, but yeah I should have given a warning to mute it when watching the video. Sorry guys just wanted to show those spinners in that vid.

Peace!

Old 03-06-2011, 05:34 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by jag79
Congrats Jaguar007 on your STR! Welcome to the family of STR's. Whatever you do to your STR mods, spinners or whatever its your ride and do as you wish. We will support you either way. LOlz...even if you go with spinners but in my opinion I say go with 20" Asanti's. Anyhow take it easy and stay safe, sounds like you live in a rough area, by any chance do you carry a licensed firearm with you all the time?
....I sure do, I carry a Glock 18, of course its licensed YOu can't be roaming around here in a Jag in the deep south without being armed, especially if you have the KKK running free here
Video of Glock 18http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBjUDCyDCuI

Last edited by jaguar007; 03-06-2011 at 06:26 PM.
Old 03-07-2011, 12:52 PM
Veteran Member
Received 86 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by jaguar007
....I sure do, I carry a Glock 18, of course its licensed YOu can't be roaming around here in a Jag in the deep south without being armed, especially if you have the KKK running free here
Video of Glock 18http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBjUDCyDCuI
Jaguar007 your one crazy ****! lolzz...man just stay safe, and cool vid by the way...that glock 18 with the extended clip looks bad ****!

Old 03-07-2011, 01:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey there again,

The reason i asked in my earlier reply if you bought your car in San Jose, Calif. is because your attached thumbnails pics are from San Jose British Motors. The pictured car is in their Select Edition section for a little over 28K.

Quick Reply: Just bought a 06' STR!!!