Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just bought a 06' STR!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 02:18 PM
Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by flyer621
Hey there again,

The reason i asked in my earlier reply if you bought your car in San Jose, Calif. is because your attached thumbnails pics are from San Jose British Motors. The pictured car is in their Select Edition section for a little over 28K.

Well that would be interesting, where's the link?

Old 03-07-2011, 02:35 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by flyer621
Hey there again,

The reason i asked in my earlier reply if you bought your car in San Jose, Calif. is because your attached thumbnails pics are from San Jose British Motors. The pictured car is in their Select Edition section for a little over 28K.
Hey flyer621,My STR was bought from Houston,TX at an Auto Auction. It might be similar pics b/c of the color combo/wheels and coincidently the angle the pics were shot by my cousins iphone at the auction that were sent to me. But the one I have is of Salvage title with 47k miles on her. I have no clue how many of the blue and dove color combos were manufactured. I was suppose to go today, but hopefully during this week I'm going to fly out over there and drive her back down here. I'll try to take some pics once I'm back here in Mississippi over the weekend with her.

God Bless!!...

Last edited by jaguar007; 03-08-2011 at 07:17 PM.
Old 03-08-2011, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by Pushing_Tin
Well that would be interesting, where's the link?
http://www.sanjosebritishmotors.com/...c9aa30301f.htm

Interesting. I think someones trying to pull a fast one.

Old 03-08-2011, 02:34 PM
Veteran Member
Received 43 Likes on 35 Posts

weird.. And scary

Old 03-08-2011, 03:11 PM
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Iluvmy05STR

yup.. i saw the link too..
that is a same picture for sure...
so i don't know if he might get 50% off the listing price in San Jose.. since the car is half way in TX...

Old 03-08-2011, 03:48 PM
Banned

Wowww...I haven't seen soo many jealous people on here after my STR. First of all like I mentioned in my earilier post it was coincidental that my cousin took the pic for the interior and the rest of the pics of the wheel and side photo can look identical b/c any STR with this Blue/Dove combo can all look alike and with those Barcelonas.
I can't believe I'm here justifying I own this STR. Once I drive it down this week from TX, I'll have some new pics up to satisfy you fools. Talk about class, which none of you have

Hey Iluvmy05STR, are you calling me a liar? Why don't you come down here in Mississippi and say that to my face instead of hiding behind your pc and saying crap you can't justify.

Last edited by jaguar007; 03-08-2011 at 07:18 PM.
Old 03-08-2011, 03:52 PM
Veteran Member
Received 507 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by jaguar007
Wowww...I haven't seen soo many jealous people on here after my STR. First of all like I mentioned in my earilier post it was coincidental that my cousin took the pic for the interior and the rest of the pics of the wheel and side photo can look identical b/c any STR with this Blue/Dove combo can all look alike and with those Barcelonas.
I can't believe I'm here justifying I own this STR. Once I drive it down this weekend from TX, I'll have some new pics up to satisfy you fools. Talk about class, which none of you have

Hey Iluvmy05STR, are you calling me a liar? Why don't you come down here in Mississippi and say that to my face instead of hiding behind your pc and saying crap you can't justify.
Fight nicely children...

Time to make some

Take care,

George

Old 03-08-2011, 03:54 PM

Are you kidding me right now? What is wrong with you? We are trying to protect you from being scammed. If you aren't a complete idiot you can see the pictures that you posted and the pictures from that website in California are identical. Same shadows, same orientation of the Jag cat face etc. They have been zoomed and cropped, that's it. We are trying to help you and you're telling us we have no class and are jealous? Please, GTFO with that attitude.

I can't believe I'm here justifying I own this STR. Once I drive it down this weekend from TX, I'll have some new pics up to satisfy you fools. Talk about class, which none of you have

Old 03-08-2011, 04:06 PM
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

I dont understand, what kind of scam can happen? Looks like someone just messed up

Old 03-08-2011, 04:11 PM

Jaguar007, if you are claiming that the pictures that you posted at the 1st of this thread are not of the car in California then yes, I'm saying that you're inaccurate.

As far as class- You mister "come down to Mississippi" have no class & all your inappropriate videos and KKK references don’t belong here.

Last edited by Iluvmy05STR; 03-08-2011 at 04:56 PM.
Old 03-08-2011, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by 08Z06
I dont understand, what kind of scam can happen? Looks like someone just messed up
The scam I see every day on craigslist. People take the ads and pictures of other people's cars, post them for sale at a cheap price and claim they don't live in the local area. Then people foolishly wire them money and are left high and dry. Jaguar007 is acting like a total DB, but I still don't want to see him scammed.

Old 03-08-2011, 04:23 PM
Veteran Member

The scam I see every day on craigslist. People take the ads and pictures of other people's cars, post them for sale at a cheap price and claim they don't live in the local area. Then people foolishly wire them money and are left high and dry. Jaguar007 is acting like a total DB, but I still don't want to see him scammed.
But his cousin supposedly bought it at some auction, and paid 14,700 for a salvage titled 06 with 47k.

Take care,

George

Old 03-08-2011, 04:26 PM
Banned

Jaguar007, if you are claiming that the pictures that you posted at the 1st of this thread are not of the car in California then yes, I'm calling you a Bold Faced Liar.

As far as class- You mister "come down to Mississippi" have no class & all your inappropriate videos and KKK references don’t belong here.
So the ***** was you who complained about my videos! First of all those videos wasn't promoting KKK, they were clips from Harold and Kumar which were for all fun and games and so that you know I'm black so you won't get any funny ideas. Apparently you dont have any sense of humor. I'am only saying that those pics were taken by cousin to show how the STR looks like that he got me from the Auction. Are you telling me my own flesh and blood is going to scam me? lOlz..plzzz......hmmm...actually It could be possible, but I'm going to ask him again if those pics are the actual ones that he took or it looks like it. REgardless I'm going to get to the bottom of this.

Old 03-08-2011, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by androulakis
But his cousin supposedly bought it at some auction, and paid 14,700 for a salvage titled 06 with 47k.

Take care,

George
Hmmm, I saw that dubious claim. I'm a pretty skeptical and cynical person, but I was trying to give him the benefit of the doubt here. After all these cars are about $15k now, less than the cost of a new Kia. What would be the point in pretending to have one? That said, the pictures he posted that he claimed were from an iPhone are in fact the exact pictures from the dealer in California. At first I was pissed, now I just feel sorry for him if this is all a theatre show.

Old 03-08-2011, 04:31 PM
Veteran Member

Hmmm, I saw that dubious claim. I'm a pretty skeptical and cynical person, but I was trying to give him the benefit of the doubt here. After all these cars are about $15k now, less than the cost of a new Kia. What would be the point in pretending to have one? That said, the pictures he posted that he claimed were from an iPhone are in fact the exact pictures from the dealer in California. At first I was pissed, now I just feel sorry for him if this is all a theatre show.
My issue is that number is about 6-7k high from what any dealer would pay at an auction for a salvage history car.

Heck, 14,200 is high for what a dealer would pay in the lane for a clean titled one. And yes my family had a dealer license, and I go to the autction regularly, have full access to MMR etc.

Take care,

George

Old 03-08-2011, 04:32 PM
Banned

Are you kidding me right now? What is wrong with you? We are trying to protect you from being scammed. If you aren't a complete idiot you can see the pictures that you posted and the pictures from that website in California are identical. Same shadows, same orientation of the Jag cat face etc. They have been zoomed and cropped, that's it. We are trying to help you and you're telling us we have no class and are jealous? Please, GTFO with that attitude.
LIsten Peter! dont tell me to GTFO ...you better check yourself before you wreck yourself if you catch my drift. I seriously don't think my cuzin would screw me, like I mentioned in my previous post I have to ask him again if those pics he sent are exactly what he took at the auction or if they are from another website taken to show me how it will look like. I appreciate you guys concern and that you don't want me to get scammed which I don't, but calling me a liar and telling me I'm posting up fake photos for what I have, is not right. Of course I would go on the defensive anyone would. So as a man with class I apologize if I pissed of anyone for calling them with no class; it was in the heat of the moment. Patrick you need to chill out bruh and get on some jenny craig , JK!

Last edited by jaguar007; 03-08-2011 at 05:45 PM.
Old 03-08-2011, 04:34 PM
Veteran Member

LIsten Patrick! dont tell me to GTFO ...you better check yourself before you wreck yourself if you catch my drift. I seriously don't think my cuzin would screw me, like I mentioned in my previous post I have to ask him again if those pics he sent are exactly what he took at the auction or if they are from another website taken to show me how it will look like. I appreciate you guys concern and that you don't want me to get scammed which I don't, but calling me a liar and telling me I'm posting up fake photos for what I have, is not right. Of course I would go on the defensive anyone would. So as a man with class I apologize if I pissed of anyone for calling them with no class; it was in the heat of the moment. Patrick you need to chill out bruh and get on some jenny craig , JK!
What auction and what day was it sold? I'll look it up in MMR and tell you the real deal?

Take care,

George

Old 03-08-2011, 04:35 PM

My issue is that number is about 6-7k high from what any dealer would pay at an auction for a salvage history car.

Heck, 14,200 is high for what a dealer would pay in the lane for a clean titled one. And yes my family had a dealer license, and I go to the autction regularly, have full access to MMR etc.

Take care,

George

Good points, regardless I can't wait to see how this ends!

Old 03-08-2011, 04:37 PM
Banned

Take care,

George
Hi George, the bidding started at 8k like my cousin whose a dealer told me, he bid up to 14,2k and won it. I told him my budget was up till 15k max, so he bought it on REd light with a salvage title AS IS. It just upses me when ppl can't be happy for each other instead of creating problems. But heck its life, and I dealt with it all through my life....

Peace!

Old 03-08-2011, 04:39 PM

LIsten Patrick! dont tell me to GTFO ...you better check yourself before you wreck yourself if you catch my drift. I seriously don't think my cuzin would screw me, like I mentioned in my previous post I have to ask him again if those pics he sent are exactly what he took at the auction or if they are from another website taken to show me how it will look like. I appreciate you guys concern and that you don't want me to get scammed which I don't, but calling me a liar and telling me I'm posting up fake photos for what I have, is not right. Of course I would go on the defensive anyone would. So as a man with class I apologize if I pissed of anyone for calling them with no class; it was in the heat of the moment. Patrick you need to chill out bruh and get on some jenny craig , JK!
My name isn't Patrick, and I certainly don't need a lecture from you, so save it.

What auction and what day was it sold? I'll look it up in MMR and tell you the real deal?

Take care,

George

Quick Reply: Just bought a 06' STR!!!