Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just bought a 06' STR!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2011, 04:39 PM
Veteran Member
Received 507 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by jaguar007
Hi George, the bidding started at 8k like my cousin whose a dealer told me, he bid up to 14,2k and won it. I told him my budget was up till 15k max, so he bought it on REd light with a salvage title AS IS. It just upses me when ppl can't be happy for each other instead of creating problems. But heck its life, and I dealt with it all through my life....

Peace!
Anything salvage or over 125k is redlight, but that number doesn't make sense.

Where was it Houston you said? So It came out of Texas Hobby Auto Auction??

I think you're getting taken for a ride.... Did you see the green slip from the auction yet?

Take care,

George

Old 03-08-2011, 04:40 PM
Veteran Member
Received 217 Likes on 129 Posts

Maybe it was a public auction. Is your cousin a dealer jaguar007 (nevermind people are posting too fast). I used to work at an auction and we had 2 dealer auctions a week. At the end of the month they would take the left over inventory and hold a public auction where anyone could come and bid on the cars. With it being a salvage no dealer probably picked it up then it got held over for a public.

Not really sure what you meant about the Jenny Craig comment.

Last edited by vance580; 03-08-2011 at 04:42 PM.
Old 03-08-2011, 04:40 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Pushing_Tin
Good points, regardless I can't wait to see how this ends!
...should't be eating too much popcorn there bud, its bad for your health!

Old 03-08-2011, 04:41 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by vance580
Maybe it was a public auction. Is your cousin a dealer jaguar007 (nevermind people are posting too fast). I used to work at an auction and we had 2 dealer auctions a week. At the end of the month they would take the left over inventory and hold a public auction where anyone could come and bid on the cars. With it being a salvage no dealer probably picked it up then it got held over for a public.
Was this a manheim or adessa owned auction??

Take care,

George

Old 03-08-2011, 04:42 PM
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Jag007, As a person just reading the posts I feel you have a horrible attitude in everything!

I stop there before the flames begin....peace all

Old 03-08-2011, 04:43 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by vance580
Maybe it was a public auction. Is your cousin a dealer jaguar007. I used to work at an auction and we had 2 dealer auctions a week. At the end of the month they would take the left over inventory and hold a public auction where anyone could come and bid on the cars. With it being a salvage no dealer probably picked it up then it got held over for a public.
Hi Vance, yes my cuzin is a used car delear. It was bought at a Salvage auction over in Houston, Tx. By chance this rare STR came into one of the lanes and he knew I was looking to get one, so I gave him the green light to go for it. As you know VAnce, for any Salvage titled car, no 3rd party Warranty will cover you, and thats my only loss.

God Bless

Old 03-08-2011, 04:46 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by androulakis

Take care,

George

..it was Adesa salvage auction George. I'm going this weekend to pick her up and hopefully to take some pics of her to satisfy everyones curiosity. TC

Last edited by jaguar007; 03-08-2011 at 04:49 PM.
Old 03-08-2011, 04:47 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by achysklic
Jag007, As a person just reading the posts I feel you have a horrible attitude in everything!

I stop there before the flames begin....peace all
....Sorry you got caught up in the drive by, but I'm not the one who started the fire!

God Bless!

Old 03-08-2011, 04:53 PM

I think we all should just take a deep breath and relax. Ahhh, now doesn’t that feel better.
The end of this story will be- Jaguar007’s cousin had to use pictures that were similar of the actual car & Jaguar007 got a nice 2006 STR for a good price.
The end. Now lets all go play.

Old 03-08-2011, 04:55 PM
Banned

Hmmm, I saw that dubious claim. I'm a pretty skeptical and cynical person, but I was trying to give him the benefit of the doubt here. After all these cars are about $15k now, less than the cost of a new Kia. What would be the point in pretending to have one? That said, the pictures he posted that he claimed were from an iPhone are in fact the exact pictures from the dealer in California. At first I was pissed, now I just feel sorry for him if this is all a theatre show.
$14,200, plus $500 auction fee and what not...total paid 14,7oo. If anyone has ever gone to an auto auction or seen one one t.v knows that bidding can go as high as the bidder wants to take it to. So Pushing Tin if you doubt me so be it, I don't care, but if have something personal to say to me, say it in my face

Old 03-08-2011, 04:59 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Iluvmy05STR
I think we all should just take a deep breath and relax. Ahhh, now doesn’t that feel better.
The end of this story will be- Jaguar007’s cousin had to use pictures that were similar of the actual car & Jaguar007 got a nice 2006 STR for a good price.
The end. Now lets all go play.
Now thats what I'm talking about.."Can't we all just get a long" and ride in the sunset :icon_ bike:

P.s I will give an update once I confirm what exactly went down with the pics, I wouldn't be surprised if they weren't the actual pics, but I really had my hopes high that they are. If not, I'll let you guys see what the after math is this weekened that I'll be driving back down from TX.

Peace!

Old 03-08-2011, 05:00 PM
Veteran Member
Received 217 Likes on 129 Posts

Take care,

George
This was back in 98. It was owned by ADT. I believe manheim actually bought them out some years back after I was gone. Its south of Detroit cant remember the suburbs name off hand.

Old 03-08-2011, 05:43 PM
Banned

My name isn't Patrick, and I certainly don't need a lecture from you, so save it.

My humble apologizes Peter! I thought it was Patrick for some odd reason can't believe I didn't remember Peter from Family Guy!

Attached Thumbnails Just bought a 06' STR!!!-peter.jpg  

Last edited by jaguar007; 03-08-2011 at 07:45 PM.
Old 03-08-2011, 06:11 PM
Veteran Member
Received 22,405 Likes on 8,938 Posts

Now thats what I'm talking about.."Can't we all just get a long" and ride in the sunset :icon_ bike:

P.s I will give an update once I confirm what exactly went down with the pics, I wouldn't be surprised if they weren't the actual pics, but I really had my hopes high that they are. If not, I'll let you guys see what the after math is this weekened that I'll be driving back down from TX.

Peace!

Can you ask your cuzzin to take some pics and email them to you? May be the quickest way to solve this mystery.

Old 03-08-2011, 06:11 PM
Veteran Member

..it was Adesa salvage auction George. I'm going this weekend to pick her up and hopefully to take some pics of her to satisfy everyones curiosity. TC
Adesa Houston or Austin?

Houston runs salvage @ 8:20am On Weds, Austin runs salvage @ 8:15 am.

So it was either at Houston on 3/02/11 or at Austin on 3/01/11, considering you posted this on 3/06/11.

Let me know and I'll pull the run list.

Take care,

George

Old 03-08-2011, 06:42 PM
Banned

Adesa Houston or Austin?

Houston runs salvage @ 8:20am On Weds, Austin runs salvage @ 8:15 am.

So it was either at Houston on 3/02/11 or at Austin on 3/01/11, considering you posted this on 3/06/11.

Let me know and I'll pull the run list.

Take care,

George
I know he went to a few auctions during that week and the last week of Feb, look up both Adesa and Manheim auto auctions list. When I get a hold of him I will ask which auction he purchased it from, from my understanding with him I thought it was Adesa, but i will let you know once I get the exact info. Thanks Georgi boy for your inquisition

Last edited by jaguar007; 03-08-2011 at 08:30 PM.
Old 03-08-2011, 06:44 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Jayt2
Can you ask your cuzzin to take some pics and email them to you? May be the quickest way to solve this mystery.
In due time bruh! Patience is of the essence

Old 03-09-2011, 12:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Spinners?? DUBZ? What the hell is this?? 2000?

You must have spinners to blend in to the dirty? That **** is dumb.

We get it your a gangster...

Your posts scream douchy.. LOL

Old 03-09-2011, 02:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow everyone I didn't mean to start hard feelings, it was just an observation on my part. I bought my 08 S-Type at San Jose British Motors last July and pass by there frequently to this day. That blue STR was there then and has been for the last several months. I will settle this once and for all and will drive by there tomorrow to see if the car is still there. I Guess when I saw the post with the photos and read that it had a salvage title I became concerned since I bought my select edition there.

Old 03-09-2011, 07:28 AM
Veteran Member
Received 128 Likes on 122 Posts

Well, alrighty then...this thread went way off the rails. This happens sometimes when things are written instead of spoken, it leaves too much open for interpretation.

It appears though that we are back on track and will have a courteous discussion from here on out...right guys?

So, at the heart of the matter is to find out if there is something amiss with jaguar007's purchase, by no fault of his own, since the pics he was provided match those of another vehicle for sale elsewhere. It was a good thing to have this pointed out so that he is aware of it and can proceed accordingly.

Two possible outcomes: his cousin did purchase a different car but sent him the pics of the San Jose car to show him what it looks like, or there may be some type of foul play -let's hope not. I guess he will know when he arrives to pick it up or if George or his cousin can provide him with some info. Let's hope that he does have a nice 06 STR waiting for him in Texas and we can put this behind us.

Keep us in the loop jaguar007!

Quick Reply: Just bought a 06' STR!!!