Illinois, suburban Chicago.

Old 06-02-2007, 11:27 AM
Veteran Member
Received 45 Likes on 15 Posts
Default RE: Just Joined today!

http://www.jag.navy.mil/html/NLSOGlakesLemon_law.htm
http://www.weblocator.com/attorney/i...nsumer.html#70
http://www.carlemon.com/lemon/IL_law.html
This is just a 5 second search. I don't know how long you've had your car, but dealers or sellers can't sell you a car that defective and have advertised it as "a real beauty", or "clean car, inside and out", or "runs good and looks good". I'm sure that the dealer didn't say "The car has it's knicks and knacks, but it's cheap so it's up to you to buy it". You'd have to be utterly DUMB or a woman to fall under that trick!

Old 06-02-2007, 12:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: bigdreams05

http://www.jag.navy.mil/html/NLSOGlakesLemon_law.htm
http://www.weblocator.com/attorney/i...nsumer.html#70
http://www.carlemon.com/lemon/IL_law.html
This is just a 5 second search. I don't know how long you've had your car, but dealers or sellers can't sell you a car that defective and have advertised it as "a real beauty", or "clean car, inside and out", or "runs good and looks good". I'm sure that the dealer didn't say "The car has it's knicks and knacks, but it's cheap so it's up to you to buy it". You'd have to be utterly DUMB or a woman to fall under that trick!
Not exactly giving him many outs there

Old 06-02-2007, 02:30 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I did a search and Illinois does not have a used car lemon law. It only states that if you have a warrenty that the dealer is obligated to do covered repairs. I bought the car in Sept. 06. and it's very easy for the dealer to say that all these problems started after the car was sold to me. Maybe the previous owner just didn't care.

Old 06-03-2007, 11:50 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Don't know why they wouldn't....it was under warranty...as long as your dealer is cool to you be happy! Alot of guys in the x-type forum have stated that the dealers are being big ***** about everything! Good luck getting everything fixed with it....just curious what are you getting for mpg and what did you pay with mileage? Thanks for the info......and good luck with all!

Old 06-04-2007, 09:55 AM

The problem with my Jaguar service center is that they can't seem to find half of the problems and when they do they want to charge me and I have to argue with them to get it covered. I get about 14 to 15 mpg and paid around 32K with 50K mi. in Sept. 06. That's with navigation and 2 yr. Select edition warrenty. It looks like many things were missed during the certification check or they don't really do any pre sale check and just wait for you to find the problems. It's going in tomorrow for wheel bearings and parking brake pads. Last time it was in they wanted to charge me 340.00 for parking brake pads when they were clearly worn out when I bought the car and they should'nt even be making contact until the key is removed. How do they wear out? If their dragging then that's a defect and should be covered. There is a TSB about dragging parking pads so why try to charge me?

Old 06-04-2007, 12:54 PM
Veteran Member

Man sorry to hear about that...is there another jag dealer near you to take the ride to? Man that 14-15 mpg scares me...pretty bad actually...is there a reason that the mpg is even lower than what the car is rated? Do you do mainly bad bad city driving or pedal to the metal action! I say you must drive city and you love hearing the supercharger whine...I know that'll be my excuse! Once my escape is paid off I've talked my wife into getting the str! Love the jags and what not but want something bigger and the other jags don't fit my taste like the str does! Hopefully they help you out man...wonder why they charge you when the car is under warranty...not your fault they can't find it...tell them its jags fault! My car sometimes will allow the handle to work every time and than sometimes not...my question is how can something be broken and than not broken...seems like broken all of the time makes the most sense!

Old 06-04-2007, 02:16 PM

Thanks, There are no dealers really close. this one is only about 4 mi. from my house. As for the parking brake, it is electronic and automatically applies when you take the key out of the ignition. It also has seperate calipers and pads from the main rear brakes so how do the pads wear out? Constant dragging.

Old 06-04-2007, 03:02 PM
Veteran Member

I'd try a dealer a little further...how far away are the others or other one? The 2 jag dealers are about spread out evenly from me...bout 30 mins to either one...I've had pretty good luck with them the two times i've been there and the troy one sent me a christmas card! Yeah those brakes sound like a good idea but just like my doors...retarted when the features don't work like they should!

Old 06-05-2007, 02:05 PM

I took it back in today and they were already coming up with excuses about the parking brake wear and how it could be normal so they don't have to commit. Guarentee that they try to charge me $340 to replace them.

Old 06-05-2007, 02:37 PM
Veteran Member

That does not make any sense...if the brakes are for parking you aren't going to wear them! If anything they have gone bad due to faulty design! Man you ain't kiddin' about bad-mojo! The problem is that the freaking thing is just that a PARKING (meaning the vehicle by now is not going to be in motion thus not using the brake pads) BRAKE...you have to be giving them the hugest "you guys have to be retarted" look![sm=bicker.gif][sm=badbadbad.gif][sm=chairshot.gif][sm=bs.gif][sm=headbang.gif][sm=laughat.gif][sm=outcold.gif][sm=vader.gif][sm=WTFsgign.gif]...
Sorry I was looking for a question mark emoticon and I figured that all of these fit your situation quite well!

Old 06-06-2007, 11:10 AM

Hey, Thanks for the support. Actually my lic. plates are BAD MOJO. I'm just waiting to see if they cover it or not before I go in and talk to the Sales Manager, Service Manager and Service Estimator all in the same room to see how they can justify trying to charge me for a known defect and if one hand knows what the other hand is doing.

Old 06-06-2007, 09:58 PM
Veteran Member

Known defect who cares about the defect...the fact that a parking brake's pads are bad is hilarious! Wonder how they could justify that...here's there answer "it happens quite often" (service guy in ray ramano's brothers voice!) That is so crazy man I'm feeling it for ya bro...good luck with it! Would you stick with the car irregardless though? I know I want one! Where's the pictures of yours?

Old 06-08-2007, 11:13 AM

Well I lost the battle!
Yes I would deffinetly reccomend the R. I do love my car despite some of the problems.
I am working on getting some pics posted. Here's a couple of quick shots. I made that shift knob!
More to come.

[IMG]local://upfiles/960/4BC8CC23B3544E6E8B81FB32A0F730A2.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/960/B6700431BFE84074A342FDCC1607A43B.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-09-2007, 03:43 PM
Veteran Member

Sorry to hear you lost your mojo baby-YEAHHH!!! For real though what'd they say? Also curious below the J-gate that handle like thing is for the parking brake??? Got any other pics? I'd love to see some more of it as I really really really want one...perhaps doing some burnouts?

Old 06-09-2007, 04:31 PM

They pretty much had a BS answer for every question that I had telling me that their not really worn out but their getting close and that there's no min. thickness for the parking brake pads and even sometimes contradicted themselves so after an hour or so I just agreed to dissagree and left. Yes that is the lever for the electronic parking brake. An electric motor winds the cable that tightens the calipers.
P.S. I'm usually in front of a camera when I'm doing burnouts but I will post some more pics soon.

Old 06-15-2007, 10:07 PM
Veteran Member

Sweet thanks you officially have me excited!

Old 06-15-2007, 11:03 PM
Veteran Member
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Run the car through their service window?

Old 06-16-2007, 08:40 AM

Sometimes I feel like doing just that!

Old 06-16-2007, 08:00 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I know the brakes are bad, but just use the loaner they give you to go thru the window( using ure car wudnt be a good idea). and if they say what happen, just say it is a common thing for the parking brakes to wear fast and i think this is a situation where they went bad. I put the car in park and it wudnt stop and now you have a new show room.

Quick Reply: Just Joined today!