S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just purchased the ACM

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2012, 04:55 PM
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Just purchased the ACM

After calling 8 different places, I finally found a place that had one in stock. Jaguar of Oklahoma City. It was $460 with tax and freight shipping. I did contact Nalley first, apparently they've been bought out back in June. They still honor our forum discount, but prices aren't the same as before. The part was now $500 from them, with the discount. But they didn't even have any in stock.

They (formerly Nalley) said some are being manufactured in Japan right now supposedly and awaiting shipping to the UK. No ETA on when we'll see them arrive in the states.

Once I get it, I'll take pics of the install on my S-type. My plan at the moment is to fit the plugs into where the ashtray would normally be, since I don't smoke.

Old 10-11-2012, 12:40 PM
Veteran Member
Received 802 Likes on 670 Posts

The price has gone up some since I installed mine. I really enjoy the USB port the most! Still way over priced for what you get.

Old 10-17-2012, 03:19 PM

I'll agree about the price. It would've been around $550 from the dealership. And most places that thought they had one in stock end up calling me back to say its on back-order or they can't find it.

Received the package yesterday, installed it last night. At first I'm thinking there's too many wires! But it was pretty straight-forward. The fiber optic cable is even labeled on all ends.

So far it works great. My iPhone 4s works with it just fine without needing any firmware updates to the ACM. Controls on my iPhone also work while it's plugged in (with pandora). I don't have any music on it yet so I couldn't test the playlists. It also charges the phone and the USB appears to charge my phone too if I plug it into it (but you can't get playback that way).

Attached Thumbnails Just purchased the ACM-contents.jpg   Just purchased the ACM-wires.jpg   Just purchased the ACM-installed.jpg  
Old 10-18-2012, 01:04 PM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Hi Phaelax
What does ACM stand for?... I would like to use my iPhone in my Jag. I couldn't find an ACM anywhere in my Gaudin Jag catalog. Possibly "Car Toys" up here on Oregon may have a way to hook-up also...

Thanks for your time
Drive On!!..
Fast Freddie

Old 10-18-2012, 05:03 PM
Received 69 Likes on 57 Posts

ACM refers to Audio Connectivity Module.

Jaguar of Greenville (formerly Nalley Jaguar) can order one for you - - I just ordered one last Friday. Ask for the Parts Department. The number is 1-800-927-1680.

The following users liked this post:
hafferf (10-18-2012)
Old 10-19-2012, 06:17 AM
Veteran Member
Received 220 Likes on 203 Posts

This is an interesting comparison with the one on my car. It came already installed.

I have no visible USB port. When I took the center console out I could not find the box as whoever installed it did not place it where the instructions suggest. I didn't want to take anymore of the interior apart at that time. So it is possible that they just left the USB connector off? Without that there's no possibility of a firmware update.

I'm using the aux-in port with my Sansa Fuze and that allows me to play FLAC format recordings which are better than MP3 and I can have one format for my library.

When I did try it out with an Iphone about a year and a half ago it would not allow any control from the Iphone. It was all done by simulating a CD which is crap.

But you're describing something very different I think?

When you get it all working the way you like tell us how it works in more detail because it sounds like the newer firmware is a lot more appealing.

Originally Posted by phaelax
I'll agree about the price. It would've been around $550 from the dealership. And most places that thought they had one in stock end up calling me back to say its on back-order or they can't find it.

Received the package yesterday, installed it last night. At first I'm thinking there's too many wires! But it was pretty straight-forward. The fiber optic cable is even labeled on all ends.

So far it works great. My iPhone 4s works with it just fine without needing any firmware updates to the ACM. Controls on my iPhone also work while it's plugged in (with pandora). I don't have any music on it yet so I couldn't test the playlists. It also charges the phone and the USB appears to charge my phone too if I plug it into it (but you can't get playback that way).

Old 10-19-2012, 11:59 AM

Jaguar of Greenville (formerly Nalley Jaguar) can order one for you - - I just ordered one last Friday
When I called them, they wanted over $500, and that was with our forum discount. Plus, he told me their on backorder and the one they show in stock nobody could locate and it was probably leftover from the old inventory when they were bought out this past June (by Hennessey I believe)

If they did leave the USB off of yours, as long as the ACM box itself is still the same as mine, all it really is is a USB extension cable. The connection on the box itself is just a standard USB port that it plugs in to. Everything else uses a proprietary cable, even the ipod. You have any pics? What does yours look like?

It still mimics the CDC. When I listen to Pandora from the phone it simply shows as CD 6 playing on the screen. I'm going to try a USB stick today and my older iphone (which has music on it). It states it'll play MP3 and OGG from the usb, but I don't think it'll do FLAC.

Old 10-19-2012, 01:43 PM

While the 4s still functions while using Pandora, my 3G would not while using the iPod features. So maybe I'll look into the firmware update.

Old 10-19-2012, 02:09 PM
Received 69 Likes on 63 Posts

I bought the ACM a couple months ago from terrysjag.com for $380, looks like they're out of stock at this time. It looks to be in stock at jaguarparts.com for $386 though, not sure what shipping costs would be.

Old 10-19-2012, 03:59 PM

I originally ordered one from terrysjag website, but they called me the next day to tell me it's not in stock with no idea when they'll have more.

Old 10-19-2012, 09:19 PM
Veteran Member
Received 256 Likes on 200 Posts

Originally Posted by BrownRobin
ACM refers to Audio Connectivity Module.

Jaguar of Greenville (formerly Nalley Jaguar) can order one for you - - I just ordered one last Friday. Ask for the Parts Department. The number is 1-800-927-1680.
Nalley Jaguar was bought out by Hennessy Jaguar North Point in Alpharetta GA. The Atlanta Jaguar Society (AJS) has been hosted by Nalley Jaguar for their Concours d'Elegance for years. This year Hennessy Jaguar North Point has graciously picked up our yearly event and will be hosting it in the future. Hennessy Jaguar North Point has also picked up the offer of 15% off on parts for The Jaguar Fourms members. Call Barry McClure, Parts Manager, at 770-587-2000.

Old 10-20-2012, 03:15 AM
Veteran Member
Received 220 Likes on 203 Posts
Angry

Yeah I figured it was just a USB extension cable. Now if I could only find the box itself!

My car must have been listening to this thread because tonight the CDC broke and the caddy won't come out. I hardly ever use the thing!

Originally Posted by phaelax
When I called them, they wanted over $500, and that was with our forum discount. Plus, he told me their on backorder and the one they show in stock nobody could locate and it was probably leftover from the old inventory when they were bought out this past June (by Hennessey I believe)

If they did leave the USB off of yours, as long as the ACM box itself is still the same as mine, all it really is is a USB extension cable. The connection on the box itself is just a standard USB port that it plugs in to. Everything else uses a proprietary cable, even the ipod. You have any pics? What does yours look like?

It still mimics the CDC. When I listen to Pandora from the phone it simply shows as CD 6 playing on the screen. I'm going to try a USB stick today and my older iphone (which has music on it). It states it'll play MP3 and OGG from the usb, but I don't think it'll do FLAC.