Sponsored by:

KW Variant 3

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2010, 08:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KW Variant 3

Hi Guys,

My first post here.

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the KW Variant 3 Suspension. I have seen these on a few aftermarket / performance websites. Anyone have any information regarding this suspension set up?

Also, I think I need my bushings replaced, my 2000 S Type is beginning to sound like the back of a NYC cab and it's driving me crazy. Does anyone know where I can get sets of these bushings (I've read in the threads that the control arm and sway bar bushings front/rear should be changed). Anyone have any experience with the aftermarket bushings?

Thanks

Old 01-26-2010, 02:53 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,551 Likes on 3,958 Posts

Never heard of KW, sorry. But the S-Type had vastly improved suspension with the 2002/3 facelift and far more cars are then or later, so maybe just upgrade? LOL

Old 01-26-2010, 05:31 AM

upgrade the suspension or to a new S Type? Hahaaa

I don't mind the factory set up, although I'd probably choose an aftermarket set up if there has been sufficient testing done with it.

I've seen an Arden / Bilstein set up and KW Variant 3 out there, but, I'm not sure if anyone's had any experience with either on a Jaguar S Type.

Does anyone know what the factory spring rates on a S Type are for front and back?

Thanks

Old 01-27-2010, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by tianma_jaguar
Hi Guys,

My first post here.

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the KW Variant 3 Suspension. I have seen these on a few aftermarket / performance websites. Anyone have any information regarding this suspension set up?

Also, I think I need my bushings replaced, my 2000 S Type is beginning to sound like the back of a NYC cab and it's driving me crazy. Does anyone know where I can get sets of these bushings (I've read in the threads that the control arm and sway bar bushings front/rear should be changed). Anyone have any experience with the aftermarket bushings?

Thanks

I was looking in to that myself, But I have the Cats system on my car and don't want to mess with the electronics.

If your Jag does not have CATS I would go ahead and pop on the KWVariant 3 coilovers.

I'm Stuck buying the Arden set up for my 05 STR.

Old 01-27-2010, 09:42 PM
Default Arden

Let me know how the Arden set up goes. I'm interested in learning more about it, especially if no one has used the KW set up before.

I put a set of Ohlin's DFV's onto my Evolution IX track car. After a lot of research, I found out spring rates were the key and I went with my researched recommended rates and I think they made a huge difference, not only in performance but also comfort of the car if I chose a "softer" setting.

I know that the KW Variant 3 suspension is suppose to be pretty good as well, but, I'm just uncertain about what the spring rates should be.

Old 01-28-2010, 02:30 AM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I had a D2 suspension setup on a previous car (they are basically identical to the KW units) and you are correct about the spring rates. If KW allows you to choose your spring rates the same way D2 does I would imagine that it would make a big difference in the you car handles. As far as ride is concerned I've always found that tire sidewall thickness/stiffness has a much greater impact on ride quality that tweaks to the spring/shock stiffness.