S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Left Rear Tail Light Error Message

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2011, 02:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Left Rear Tail Light Error Message

Hello,I have replaced blown fuse,bulbs and bulb socket carrier assembly so far but still cant resolve problem.Does anyone have a solution to this problem? Thanks

Old 02-13-2011, 06:20 PM
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I am getting the same kind of thing on the front LH turn signal. It says "LH Turn Indicator Bulb failed". After a while, the error disappears. I don't know what's going on.

Old 02-13-2011, 07:33 PM
Veteran member
Received 194 Likes on 170 Posts

Florida Jag....Did you recently replace the bulb? If you did, make sure you got exactly what the manual calls for. These things are crazy sensitive to what bulb you use. Also try cleaning the socket. Mine would act up every now and then. I would give the socket a good spray with electrical contact cleaner, and it would clear up.

rjellife.. Same to you... Did you make sure that you used all the correct bulbs..Also, the tail lamps inter-connect from left to right.. So, check both fuses. Also, error message or not, is one side dimmer than the other? That is a sign that a bulb is not in correctly... Why did you replace the carrier? Did you mistakenly short the carrier out on the body while changing bulbs? Also, make sure that the twist in bulbs are mounted correctly and making good contact.

Oh, and please update your signature with the year and engine.. The S Type actually changed a great deal between 2000 and 2008...

Old 02-13-2011, 10:01 PM
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

@FloridaJag

I had similar error message for my car "Front Left Headlamp failed". Then sometimes this warning would go away and everything perfect again (So that means its not the bulb which was bad but some other issue).

It has been discussed in this forum and I got suggestions to solve it from the posts.

I removed the bulb holder by rotating it anti clockwise, removed the bulb from the holder and saw some spark signs in the holder (probably bulb was a little loose). I *cleaned the bulb and holder*, pulled the pins in the holder a little bit so that they can hold the bulb tight. Put a little aluminum foil on the pin on the bulb and installed it back in the holder.

It's been over a month now and everything is good.

Thanks,
Rizwan

Old 02-14-2011, 06:10 PM
Received 6,307 Likes on 5,495 Posts

Originally Posted by RizwanSharp
@FloridaJag

I had similar error message for my car "Front Left Headlamp failed". Then sometimes this warning would go away and everything perfect again (So that means its not the bulb which was bad but some other issue).

It has been discussed in this forum and I got suggestions to solve it from the posts.

I removed the bulb holder by rotating it anti clockwise, removed the bulb from the holder and saw some spark signs in the holder (probably bulb was a little loose). I *cleaned the bulb and holder*, pulled the pins in the holder a little bit so that they can hold the bulb tight. Put a little aluminum foil on the pin on the bulb and installed it back in the holder.

It's been over a month now and everything is good.

Thanks,
Rizwan
+1 on that but without the foil in my case.

Old 02-18-2011, 07:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Left Rear Tail light error message Cont.

Left Rear Tail light error message.I would like to thank you for the replies to my problem.I have tried all suggested remedies but problem still exists.I recently cleaned and secured all grouding points related to problem.Bulbs,fuses and socket carries have been replaced.The plate and left rear running will not work.The left turn signal,stop light and hazard light work just fine.I inspected and verified proper grounding of Rear Electronic Control module today.I suspect the rear harness or the control module could be defective.Does anyone know whether bad diode or power source relay which is located in the trunk fuse box could be the culprit.The right rear lighting works just fine.Thanks..PS 2000 s-type,V-8.