S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lets see your S Type!

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2010, 07:24 PM
Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

Mikey - love the pic! Didn't realize your S type was silver too! Just might have to steal your pic and pretend I stay at nice posh hotels too!

Old 10-09-2010, 08:40 AM
Received 2,263 Likes on 1,845 Posts

Originally Posted by Spitfire
Mikey - love the pic! Didn't realize your S type was silver too! Just might have to steal your pic and pretend I stay at nice posh hotels too!
Aside from numbers plates, our cars appear to be twins. Well, except that yours is much much cleaner.......

Old 10-09-2010, 09:32 AM
Veteran member
Received 251 Likes on 220 Posts
Old 10-09-2010, 10:31 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default vance 580

Originally Posted by vance580
I got to ask man how much did that body work cost to get the suicide rear doors with the handles in the front part of the door like that?

Well first they fabricated custom hinges which were $1000 using 6061 Aluminum and reinforced it for better handling.
It was a custom color called it "razzling brandy wine" by DuPont (3 primer 3 sealer 3 base and 4 coats of clear), around door james and even under the hood (original color was Sapphire blue), $2,700
Installation of the suicide doors were $2000 (of course me in '05 it was rare having done such a fine car with this.
Total was $5,700
I sold the car couple of months ago for my '07 STR
Name:  GetAttachmentaspx.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  41.3 KB
Name:  DSC03502-1.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  197.1 KB

Last edited by Glockjag; 10-09-2010 at 10:35 PM.
Old 10-09-2010, 10:58 PM
Veteran Member
Received 217 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by Glockjag
Well first they fabricated custom hinges which were $1000 using 6061 Aluminum and reinforced it for better handling.
It was a custom color called it "razzling brandy wine" by DuPont (3 primer 3 sealer 3 base and 4 coats of clear), around door james and even under the hood (original color was Sapphire blue), $2,700
Installation of the suicide doors were $2000 (of course me in '05 it was rare having done such a fine car with this.
Total was $5,700
I sold the car couple of months ago for my '07 STR

Nice man. I dig the suicide doors. I think it looks really sharp. Congrats on the STR you will love the power.

Old 10-10-2010, 02:12 AM

Originally Posted by vance580
Nice man. I dig the suicide doors. I think it looks really sharp. Congrats on the STR you will love the power.
Thanks a lot man!!!

So I see you have a air intake on your STR, any cons on it? Been debating about getting air intake and pulley from Mina Gallery. Some people say yes and some no.

Last edited by Glockjag; 10-10-2010 at 02:17 AM.
Old 10-15-2010, 06:08 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default October 15, 2010 in Calgary

One with icing on top!

Attached Thumbnails Lets see your S Type!-october-15-2010.jpg  
Old 10-15-2010, 07:50 PM
Veteran member
Received 194 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by thep
One with icing on top!
Grrrrrr.... I hate the fact that you guys up North got headlamp washers!

Oh, real nice car.. Sweet shade of blue....

Old 10-15-2010, 08:29 PM

What do you mean - yours doesn't have them???

Old 10-15-2010, 08:52 PM

What do you mean - yours doesn't have them???
Yeah me too, my 01' never had them and always wanted the extra

Old 10-18-2010, 12:04 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default One with icing on top

Headlight washer envy. Now that was completely unexpected. Ha Ha!

Old 10-18-2010, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by thep
Headlight washer envy. Now that was completely unexpected. Ha Ha!
Thats a good topic why others dont have it lol. Especially the headlights which tend to get dull after a year anyways lets not envy people with headlight washers hahajajaja

Old 10-18-2010, 08:43 PM

LMAO - headlight washer envy - now that's funny. Mind you, I hate owning cars that have those fake buttons filling the void where there should be a button. It drives me crazy wondering what button is supposed to be there and why don't I have that button!? I guess you'd call that "button" envy.

Old 10-19-2010, 01:19 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,540 Likes on 3,949 Posts

Originally Posted by JOsworth
Yours doesn't? You know the "blanking plates" are (often? always?) the tops and that the washer pops up? You need headlights on, probably wipers on too, and then squirt the windshield. Every 6th squirt the headlight washers operate IIRC.

Do try this at home LOL

Old 10-19-2010, 06:29 AM
Veteran member

LMAO - headlight washer envy - now that's funny. Mind you, I hate owning cars that have those fake buttons filling the void where there should be a button. It drives me crazy wondering what button is supposed to be there and why don't I have that button!? I guess you'd call that "button" envy.
This is funny.....I have that too.... I hate it when you get a "lower" model and they have blank spaces for buttons... I hated it so much I got a used overhead console with homelink since mine didn't have it! Thank goodness the original owner at least ordered heated seats.. Those blanks would have been real expensive to rectify!

Oh, the reason for no headlamp washers in the US drives me nuts. They build Jaguars by region. All of our cars (US and Canada) are considered North America spec cars yet they must have thought that the only people in the US that buy Jags live in California and Florida.... Why they didn't think to include headlamp washers on US cars drives me nuts....

OK, someone please post up some pics of their Jag and get us goofballs back on track!

Old 10-19-2010, 06:35 AM
Veteran member

Originally Posted by jagv8
Yours doesn't? You know the "blanking plates" are (often? always?) the tops and that the washer pops up? You need headlights on, probably wipers on too, and then squirt the windshield. Every 6th squirt the headlight washers operate IIRC.

Do try this at home LOL
Nope...They were not even available on US cars. There are some that made it here, but I'm willing to bet that they were orginally built for sale in Canada. I've searched all the sales literature for the US and no mention anywhere. It is just bizzare that they didn't make them. Well, one benefit, no little blank part on the bumper in front of the headlamps.

Old 10-19-2010, 10:57 PM
Veteran Member
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Nope...They were not even available on US cars. There are some that made it here, but I'm willing to bet that they were orginally built for sale in Canada. I've searched all the sales literature for the US and no mention anywhere. It is just bizzare that they didn't make them. Well, one benefit, no little blank part on the bumper in front of the headlamps.

YOU GUYS ARE MORE THEM WELCOME TO TAKE MINE out of the x type. Us candains dont fare to well with them on our vehicles

Driving around in minus 50 weather, and you have ice on your front bumper around the headlight, you go to clear off the windsheild and bam, you dont have headlamp washer covers just holes.

The ice builds over top them, and the when they engage it causes the cover "holders" or clips whatever you want to call them, to break.

Old 10-20-2010, 05:11 AM
Veteran member

Originally Posted by Disco stu55
YOU GUYS ARE MORE THEM WELCOME TO TAKE MINE out of the x type. Us candains dont fare to well with them on our vehicles

Driving around in minus 50 weather, and you have ice on your front bumper around the headlight, you go to clear off the windsheild and bam, you dont have headlamp washer covers just holes.

The ice builds over top them, and the when they engage it causes the cover "holders" or clips whatever you want to call them, to break.
LOL... I can see that.. Living and working in a "Lake Effect" zone, I can sure relate to ice build up... OK, I'm over my washer envy....

Old 10-20-2010, 05:45 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,540 Likes on 3,949 Posts

Originally Posted by Disco stu55
ice on your front bumper around the headlight, you go to clear off the windsheild and bam, you dont have headlamp washer covers just holes.

Oh cr@p. That's gonna happen here, sooner or later

Except.... can't take the car anywhere in ice or snow due to the wheel spin. Great work-around.

Old 10-20-2010, 06:22 AM
Veteran Member
Received 166 Likes on 134 Posts

LOL... I can see that.. Living and working in a "Lake Effect" zone, I can sure relate to ice build up... OK, I'm over my washer envy....
Hi Jeff,

I bet you get your first snowfall in a month or so. Then you get to discover another Jaguar design goof. The windshield wiper arms cannot be raised up to prevent icing overnight. Also, the area the wipers are in tends to collect snow and you have to dig it out before driving off.

I just hope we don't get hit like we did last year..two storms that dumped two feet each and another one that dropped another foot.

Mike

Quick Reply: Lets see your S Type!