Sponsored by:

Lets see your S Type!

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2010, 07:01 AM
Veteran Member
Received 128 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by carelm
Hi Jeff,

I bet you get your first snowfall in a month or so. Then you get to discover another Jaguar design goof. The windshield wiper arms cannot be raised up to prevent icing overnight. Also, the area the wipers are in tends to collect snow and you have to dig it out before driving off.

I just hope we don't get hit like we did last year..two storms that dumped two feet each and another one that dropped another foot.

Mike

I think the windshield wiper bit is intentional. Jag assumes everyone has a garage.

Old 10-20-2010, 07:18 AM
Veteran Member
Received 166 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by The Chris X
I think the windshield wiper bit is intentional. Jag assumes everyone has a garage.
Hi Chris,

What happens if the wifey spends the better part of the day at the mall at Lord and Taylors, Macy's, etc and has to brush snow off the S-Type? Covered parking is at somewhat of a premium at the mall near us.

It could also be that Jaguar assumes you have a Chelsea Tractor for those nasty days and the Jag stays parked.

Old 10-20-2010, 07:33 AM
Veteran member
Received 194 Likes on 170 Posts

Hi Jeff,

I bet you get your first snowfall in a month or so. Then you get to discover another Jaguar design goof. The windshield wiper arms cannot be raised up to prevent icing overnight. Also, the area the wipers are in tends to collect snow and you have to dig it out before driving off.

I just hope we don't get hit like we did last year..two storms that dumped two feet each and another one that dropped another foot.

Mike
Yea, and the washers are built into the damn clip.... But I solved that by buying wipers from the UK... The modern flex blade with the washer nozzle mounted on the side of the blade... No more clogged blades for me!!!!

Mine is in the garage all the time... The wife is scared to pull the Caravan in next to the rag top...

That and I warm it up for a bit at work to melt the crap off...

Old 10-20-2010, 11:43 AM
Veteran Member
Received 128 Likes on 122 Posts

Hi Chris,

What happens if the wifey spends the better part of the day at the mall at Lord and Taylors, Macy's, etc and has to brush snow off the S-Type? Covered parking is at somewhat of a premium at the mall near us.

It could also be that Jaguar assumes you have a Chelsea Tractor for those nasty days and the Jag stays parked.
Ha ha...

1) The wife does not drive the STR. Ever.

2) I have a couple tractors to pick from in the driveway, you bet the Jag stays parked in the toasty garage when the snow flies. But mine are not Chelsea versions, they see the mud and rocks quite a bit!!

Now that, is a work around!

Old 10-20-2010, 12:56 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Glockjag: They say either you're born with it, or you're not. Oh, sorry. Didn't finish reading your post. I had that same problem with the lenses on my Harley headlights. Solved it by twisting a narrow dry rag through the bulb opening, twist-wiping until clean. Pain in the you know what, but worked well.

Hey Spitfire. Is that you're plane, or is "Oh you Spitfire" what you're girlfriend whispers in you're ear when you're giving her attention? Just pushing your buttons. Seriosly, anyone with the button envy affliction could find little decals at a craft store to stick on those blank buttons. You know, ejection seat button, rocket launchers, front grill BMW munching garburator, etc. Goes with the James Bond image, you Spitfire you. Ha Ha! Oops, off topic again. Sorry. Really seriously, very classy looking S-Type.

The headlight washers on my S-Type are activated every 6th time I run the windshield washers, whether the wipers are running or not. I do appreciate knowing the issue with the frozen washer cover plates though. Also really like the front windshield de-icer with the heat elements in the windshield. That solves the frozen winshield wiper issue.

I also have this button that when pushed, makes a little noise from the rear window deck. I am told it is for a rear window sunscreen. The original owner informed me what it was for and that it had never worked. When asked why it was not fixed under warranty, he said the dealer was unable to fix or replace it?!?! Wonder how they remain in business? I would appreciate any reference to a thread regarding it's repair.

Carelm. Nice S-Type. Looks like the same color as mine.