Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

List Your Kills Here

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2010, 11:37 AM
Veteran Member
Received 220 Likes on 203 Posts
Default List Your Kills Here

This isn't something I normally do but last night I inadvertantly toasted some idiot in one of those boxy Mercedes crossovers.

So I thought I'd start a thread where people could "discuss" how they left em' in the dust or in my case delivered neatly into the hands of an officer.

================================================== =====

So I'm just going to the ferry terminal to pickup my wife and the car isn't even completely warmed up yet but we have a short strech where I can typically goose it a bit. So maybe I hit 70 briefly before catching up with traffic and settling back down to 45. It feels good to strech the legs a bit once in a while. Well this person in the MB was in the left lane as I scooted by him and he apparently though we were going to race. I don't. Not ever. But he decides he has to get in front of me in an obnoxious manner. Well I don't have to be overly cooperative even if I don't race. We're in pretty heavy traffic and there's really no where to go and I don't like to lane hop under such circustances unless a bus stops and blocks the road. This guy was bouncing around behind me like a rabid dog and I see an opening in the left lane with a long stretch after that in the right lane.
So I move left accelerate modesly but enough so he can get by me on the right and he finally WINS!

Oh he won alright ... ;>)) Because I guess the cops noticed his jerky and twitchy driving and diving in and out of lanes. They nailed him very quickly.

This just never seems to happen but last light I can finally say they didn't just pull over someone for going a bit fast. They finally nailed dangerous driving.

Bob S.

Old 11-09-2010, 11:56 AM
Veteran Member
Received 166 Likes on 134 Posts

Do grey squirrels count? I've bagged a number of them over the years. A number of years ago I had a Suzuki 750 and was cruising down the road next to an early model Pontiac GTO. He thought it would be nice to race me. He jumped off ahead of me, although I quickly went around him on a 90 mph sweeper. I kept on it while he slowed down. After I got to around 120 or so I looked back and he was a good quarter mile behind.

Last edited by carelm; 11-09-2010 at 12:01 PM.
Old 11-09-2010, 12:24 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

About a week after I bought my '03 STR, I have 2 other guys in the car with me and we are about a mile from the gas station where I just filled up. The car is bone stock at this point, and we are obviously weighed down a bit.

In front of me, on a shortcut road of sorts, is a Honda Civic with only the driver inside. The car appeared to be modified a bit. He takes off, for whatever reason, at what appears to be max acceleration. I keep pace without much effort. We eventually turn onto a 2-lane highway, which typically has too much traffic to do anything...but it turns out that he ends up beside me at a stoplight. I look over at him and he appears to be looking at me and giggling (?!?).

Light turns green, I take off at close to max acceleration, w/o J-gating, and the traction control still on. The guy was WAY behind me in short order, so I figured he was not trying to do anything. Just when I look back at him, I catch him power-shifting (complete with tire chirp). Immediately after that, he turns off at the first available parking lot.

Old 11-09-2010, 12:34 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

About 4 hours after the Honda Civic thingy, I'm crossing a large bridge and am in the left lane, with cars to my front and back. The right lane is empty. A guy in a mid-70s Firebird (HUGE rear tires, loud exhaust) passes all of us in the right lane, at about 40mph above our speeds. With the lane apparently open, I took off behind him (as did some others) but was making no effort to catch him. I did so anyway, about a min later, after he encountered some traffic congestion.

Fast-forwarding to the on-ramp of an interstate hwy...he takes off while still on the ramp, tires squealing into the turns (the ramp is like an s-turn, with one extra bend). So...I followed him as best as I could, and once we got to the actual interstate (which was devoid of traffic), we both took off. I ended up in front of him quickly, by a few lengths. Slowed to let him catch up, and he gave me a quick thumbs-up.

Old 11-09-2010, 02:10 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Eastbound way out east on the Southern State Parkway (Long Island, NY) I'm cruising in the bone stock but beautifully detailed STR heading towards my destination. It was just before dusk and the freshly detailed flawless silver paint was just glimmering. Very light traffic and I'm keeping it at a solid 70 with short bursts to 90 here and there on stretches where cops can't hide (NYSP heavily patrol this highway). On one of those friendly bursts I happen to slide by a brand spanking new Infiniti G37s: titanium white, clean, with a loud aftermarket exhaust. I just knew I would peak his interest, and like clockwork as I slowed to 70 I had a brand new tailgaiter behind me.

Now NOTHING irks me more than tailgaiting so I juiced her a little while he was on my rear (your welcome for the fresh rock chips on your hood sir) and let off quickly. He bit as I depressed the naughty 'S' button above the shifter and as he pulled up next to me and attempted to blow by I slowly pressed the gas.

75,80. He's no longer gaining. 90,95 I'm next to him and passing him fast. 110,115 he's behind and losing ground fast. 135, 140 he's so far behind I'm not sure if he let up or not. I mean seriously, he was WAAAAAY behind. I brake fairly hard, more nervous about potential fuzz lurking than my speed, and as the Jag's brembos bring her down to a reasonable speed I get the classic/classless fly-by at 100+ confirming that in fact the balding guido in the Infiniti never let up.

I pat the dash board a few times and apologize to the Jag for being rough on her and continue to my destination.

One of many kills..

Old 11-09-2010, 03:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Killed a Kune when I first got the car.
New bumper and paint $2,500.00

Lets see my Brothers 300 Srt8 friends Porsche Targa 996, Friends Porsche C2 996, other friends Mustang Gt 07,

The STR is a fast car on the road and on the track.

Old 11-09-2010, 05:39 PM
Veteran Member
Received 431 Likes on 389 Posts

Kills? LOL! You guys are friggin funny. As mentioned in one of my threads, at 75 mph I took out a 2010 Camaro SS, an 05 Mitsubishi Evo, an 03 (or somewhere about) BMW M5, 07 or 08 BMW 530 (6 cyl.) or whatever, and various other prey. Got to cool it cause NY State is broke so now they're counting on the upped ticket quotas for troopers writing tickets to close the budget gap (an unwritten true story).

Old 11-09-2010, 06:40 PM
Veteran Member
Received 217 Likes on 129 Posts

Last week while I was driving to Raleigh was cruising on 40 at about 75-80 till I start getting close to the city then I drop to 70 and I'm just cruising along. Well first this 96 Impala gets next to me and checks out the STR and gives me the nod and a thumbs up so we are just cruising along at the same speed well a new BMW 3 series (not an M3) gets behind us and is riding our rears so I sped up a little got in front of the Impala and the BMW gets next to me and is trying to get me to play. Well I've got the son in the back so no playing for me driving good this day. He floors it and takes off weaving around a nice brand new blacked out black Z06 Corvette and he goes up behind him like he wants to race. Next thing I see is a nice very hidden set of red and blues light up all around the Z06 and coming up as he and the BMW are pulling over I see the Z06 was apparently Raleigh or the State of North Carolinas new high pursuit unmarked police car. Out pops a uniformed cop going to give the nice man in the BMW a nice ticket to help pay the payment of that Z06. What a beautiful cop car thats all I got to say.

Old 11-09-2010, 09:42 PM
Veteran Member

Almost happened to me too when I was about to use my worked 83 Mustang GT to teach an 87 Mustang 5.0 LX a lesson...turned out to be a North Carolina Trooper in an unmarked Stang. He smiled as I passed him nice and slow (respectfully).

Last edited by bfsgross; 11-10-2010 at 07:38 AM.
Old 11-09-2010, 10:25 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default My Funniest one.

I was on a business trip on I 77 in WV - just cruising along about 4 over in the Jag. Some idiot in a Honda Accord ran up on my rear end so close I couldn't even see his headlights. Then he shot around me, and, must have cranked her up to close to a 100. A few seconds later, a WV State Trooper shot by me and nailed the Accord. Hope the idiot enjoyed his 300 buck speeding ticket and all the points on his license.

Regards:
Oldengineer

Old 11-10-2010, 06:37 AM
Veteran member
Received 194 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by Staatsof
This just never seems to happen but last light I can finally say they didn't just pull over someone for going a bit fast. They finally nailed dangerous driving.

Bob S.
I grew up in Jersey.. I have only spent the past 13 years or so in Ohio (Oh Gawd, has it been that long??) and it was always my experience that a Jersey cop will nail an erratic driver before a simple speeder. Glad to see they are still doing that... Hmmm wonder if I can send Ohio officers to traffic enforcement school in New Jersey????

Here is a real funny one...In my opinion.

So, driving home last night and as usual, there is a dufus in an Impala leaning in the center of the car taking up the passing lane... So, I use the flash to pass and to my surprise he moves over after only 5 or so flashes..Then this "I'm a wanna be cop and you can't speed" @sshole jumps out in front of me in his full size Dodge van and slows down. So, I move over and hit it in the LR2 loaner I'm driving. The van driver floors it to stop "the evil speeder" from passing him. I hear a bang and see in my mirror his flashers go on as he pulls onto the divider!

The funny part is he had already lost the "contest" to a slow SUV and still "blew up" his POS van......

Old 11-10-2010, 07:44 AM
Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

I liked Stratsoff's account; a triumph of brains over stupidity.
Leedsman.

Old 11-10-2010, 08:26 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,353 Likes on 2,848 Posts

For those of you in North Carolina, be aware that the Highway Patrol and the Wake County Sherriffs Department have an assortment of unmarked Corvettes, Mustangs, Camaros, and Chargers in and around the Raleigh area. They make a fortune in high-dollar fines pulling speeders and morons with these stealth cruisers. The public has complained about the cost of these cars, but the official response is that they have all been confiscated in drug busts and outfitted with the necessary lights and sirens for a fraction of their value....

Old 11-10-2010, 02:03 PM
Veteran Member
Received 86 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Jon89
For those of you in North Carolina, be aware that the Highway Patrol and the Wake County Sherriffs Department have an assortment of unmarked Corvettes, Mustangs, Camaros, and Chargers in and around the Raleigh area. They make a fortune in high-dollar fines pulling speeders and morons with these stealth cruisers. The public has complained about the cost of these cars, but the official response is that they have all been confiscated in drug busts and outfitted with the necessary lights and sirens for a fraction of their value....
Thats bad ***, wish they would confiscate exotic cars down in Miami with all them drug cartels living the high life on South bEach. It would be nice to see a lambo or a ferrari as an un-marked police car

My most memorable kill was back in college, I had a Mitsu 3000gt VR4, yes thats right twin turbo AWD. Biatch was a beast to be reckon with. So anyhow I'm on I-95 going down to Miami from Orlando and what do you know a BMW M3 wants to play. So anyhow we both take off once we are about side by side. Zoooooooooooom I just completely floored it and all I can hear is the sweet sound of the turbos kicking in and feeling the G force!. I got the better take off and I'm still leading and I see him right behind me getting further away from me and I glance over at the spedometer and its reading 160mph I kid you not! I have no clue what the governor is set to, and still to this day I never went more than 160mph to find out , the max shows 180mph, but I quickly reduced my speed, I guess the M3 was ticked off and passed me by. So anyhow I lowered my speed down to 80mph and the dumb *** kept going 100mph plus, and well what do you know 5 miles later I see a police chopper hovering over the M3 with 3 un-marked Mustangs surrounding him on the shoulder of the Highway, thank god I let him go and didn't keep following him at high speeds

Last edited by jag79; 11-10-2010 at 08:24 PM.
Old 11-10-2010, 03:47 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Leedsman
I liked Stratsoff's account; a triumph of brains over stupidity.
Leedsman.
If brains were involved it must have been accidental ...

All kidding aside, this is a dangerous road when there's traffic on it so no I don't f*ck around but a lot of people do. Three weeks ago some moron in a beat-up a BMW Z4 decided to change lanes in an intersection without looking and plowed into my wife's car which is now at the body shop. He then split, my wife followed but did not confront him. She drove home got me and we called the police. They came and took the story and then the guy walks out and claims his wife was driving not him ...

Not only that but that she was blinded by the sun. Yeah, sure. It was 5:30 the sun had already set behind the 150 ft cliff that lines the road so what sun is he talking about. Either his license is suspended, there are warrants out for him or he's illegal. The cop wasn't interested in pursuing the matter.

Another typical day in Jersey traffic.

Bob S.

Last edited by Staatsof; 11-11-2010 at 12:49 AM.
Old 11-12-2010, 06:25 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Kills, after 6 years of driving it took one day for me to kill 4 cats , all in one day. My little 10 year old nephew kept on screaming "cat killer" for hours until he started saying that I killed "Puss in boots"-the cat from shrek hahaha. Then the next day me picking him up from day care, I kill a squirrel, Do you know what he told me?..... He told me He is going to call ASPCA on me!!!!!!!. Kids these days.....

Last edited by Glockjag; 11-12-2010 at 06:28 PM.
Old 11-13-2010, 04:47 AM
Veteran Member

The term kill was meant as a figurative expression. I wasn't quite thinking about listing actual road kill. Maybe another thread for those incidents with recipes from the Road Kill Cafe Cookbook?

Bob S.

Old 11-13-2010, 05:37 AM
Veteran Member

Yesterday a late model Honda Civic "S" buzzed me...it dead now.

Last edited by bfsgross; 11-13-2010 at 05:41 AM.
Old 11-13-2010, 08:09 PM
Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

Here's some stuff..

At the drags, i ran a few year old bmw m3 even.

I beat a modified dodge neon srt4.

I hope to add more kills to the list after heading to the drags this thursday....

Old 11-14-2010, 10:41 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,343 Likes on 1,844 Posts

qwiketz:
Hope to see some times posted?? Sure am interested in how that re-geared blower helps your performance!! Seems that thread has died and I still don't know if getting it done is worth the $1300 or so it costs??

Quick Reply: List Your Kills Here