S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Locking Lug Nut tool

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2009, 08:06 PM
Received 26 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by phd12volt
Hyde Park kinda close???? if so J.T. Motoring talk to Brian or Joe. They are on Hyde Park Blvd/Ave.

If this works let me know, if not ill send you somewhere else.
Thanks man, umm its on the north side of boston, I can make it there. Do you know anyone else more south? If not, no biggs..

Old 07-01-2009, 09:50 PM
Veteran Member
Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

ill work on that, may have to wait till tomorrow though

Old 07-02-2009, 04:36 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,538 Likes on 3,947 Posts

Your dealer can get the information and indeed the part - if they know what they're doing. Sounds like they don't

They should require proof of ownership and your ID.

Old 07-02-2009, 06:30 AM
Veteran member
Received 194 Likes on 170 Posts

I'm pretty sure that all the dealer is going to do is call McGuard, since Jaguar doesn't make the locks. Have you tried to call them? Then again, going to the shop Jason recommended would probably be the best. Swing by the dealer, get 4 matching lug nuts, go to the recommended shop, then look for another dealer. The dealer's lack of willingness to help baffles me. The one I go to in Solon is great. I asked to buy some of the plastic clips that hold trim parts on, knowing that they can break and I wanted spares. They just gave them to me. Also, they know I do all the work on the car myself and are always willing to share information on how to do things. Just yesterday they finished fixing the fuel door (not listed as warranty on the invoice, but done free of charge) and called to say it was done. I told them I would be up to drop off the loaner and they asked "are you sure Mr. Osworth? We can send someone to drop your car off and pick up the loaner if you prefer." All this from buying a car for less than 20k. I bring it up because it sounds like you will be much less frustrated if you find the right dealer.

Old 07-02-2009, 07:20 AM

Originally Posted by JOsworth
I'm pretty sure that all the dealer is going to do is call McGuard, since Jaguar doesn't make the locks. Have you tried to call them? Then again, going to the shop Jason recommended would probably be the best. Swing by the dealer, get 4 matching lug nuts, go to the recommended shop, then look for another dealer. The dealer's lack of willingness to help baffles me. The one I go to in Solon is great. I asked to buy some of the plastic clips that hold trim parts on, knowing that they can break and I wanted spares. They just gave them to me. Also, they know I do all the work on the car myself and are always willing to share information on how to do things. Just yesterday they finished fixing the fuel door (not listed as warranty on the invoice, but done free of charge) and called to say it was done. I told them I would be up to drop off the loaner and they asked "are you sure Mr. Osworth? We can send someone to drop your car off and pick up the loaner if you prefer." All this from buying a car for less than 20k. I bring it up because it sounds like you will be much less frustrated if you find the right dealer.
Have I called who?? Jaguar corporate? No I haven't. Damn wish I lived in Solon, good customer service is hard to find nowadays. I think Im just going to drive down to the dealer, and show them the page of the manual that says "local retailer can order you a new key with proof of ownership". I will then try and execute a full nelson on the service manager if he tells me he has to try and chisel it.

Old 07-02-2009, 07:30 AM
Veteran member

I was asking if you had called McGuard? Is there another dealer in your area?

Old 07-02-2009, 08:14 AM

I was asking if you had called McGuard? Is there another dealer in your area?
Oh, no I havent called McGuard. I have been dealing with Jaguar of Norwood, but I just found another one, Jaguar of Hanover, which is a half hour south of me. Dont have much work to do today so i might just take a ride and meet the service guy down there to see if he rubs me the wrong/right way. Probably get a transmission reflash while Im at it.

In RE to the transmission reflash, is it normal for them to charge an hr and a half labor? Has anyone had that done?

Old 07-02-2009, 08:18 AM
Veteran member

I had it done under the "recall" and it was listed as 1.5 hours. But that just may be the "quoted" allowance for the warranty/recall claim back to Jaguar. I would just ask the service manager if they could "help" and how much it would cost. Good luck, I hope the next dealer turns out better.

Old 07-02-2009, 08:40 AM

I had it done under the "recall" and it was listed as 1.5 hours. But that just may be the "quoted" allowance for the warranty/recall claim back to Jaguar. I would just ask the service manager if they could "help" and how much it would cost. Good luck, I hope the next dealer turns out better.
K thanks, i am heading over there in a bit, will let ya know how it goes.

Hmmmm recall? On a ZF transmission model year 2005??? Only on 3.0's or does include R's?

Old 07-02-2009, 01:21 PM
Veteran member

It was a recall for emissions, I think it was all cars. It involved a reflash of the engine ECU and Trans. The dealer should be able to tell if it needs done.

Old 07-02-2009, 01:51 PM
Veteran Member
Received 166 Likes on 134 Posts

Adding to Jeff's comments it was the J004 recall notice. I just had it done to my car under warranty. The work order had it at .4 hours. I did notice that my shifts were somewhat smoother. Also, it seemed as though the shift points were slightly higher, about 200 or so rpm. This was while in Normal mode. Didn't try Sport mode yet.

Mike

Old 07-02-2009, 03:25 PM

So long story short....I went to a guy I know that manages a tire shop, he said he could most likely get them off with no damage to the rim. I had to go to a performance car place to pick up some new McGard locking lugs. Brought them back to the tire place, had all four off in 10 minutes, no damage whatsoever to the rims. Crisis averted....

Thanks for all your help, and if anyone in Mass wants a good Jag dealer, go to Jag of Hanover, those people were great when I stopped by this morning.

Old 07-03-2009, 06:50 AM
Veteran member

I'm glad you got the lug issue sorted, but I knew you would. What is better is that it seems you found a good dealer. That will be key to enjoying the car even more, since there are certain things with these where the dealer is the best answer so having one that is good is real important.

Old 07-03-2009, 08:54 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,538 Likes on 3,947 Posts

Jaguar really should monitor their dealers - as you say some are excellent and that makes such a difference to owning the car.

Good outcome, eventually

Old 07-03-2009, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by jagv8
Jaguar really should monitor their dealers - as you say some are excellent and that makes such a difference to owning the car.

Good outcome, eventually
I was thinking the SAME EXACT THING while I was sitting at the new dealer and thinking to myself, ..."how can Jaguar corporate not do any due dilligence and make sure all dealers are somewhat similar in terms of customer service". Geez, all it takes is a couple of (undercover) mystery shoppers to do some investigations.

The guy even admitted to me that Norwood wouldnt have let me know if I had any recalls and that they would not push to get something covered, would rather just charge you straight up.