S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for a good Jag shop in the South Florida (Miami) area

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2012, 05:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for a good Jag shop in the South Florida (Miami) area

I have a 03 STR that is in need of a good mechanic. Would really like to find a shop focused on Jags, their maintenance, and maybe could recommend a few performance mods to breath some new life in her.

Old 04-11-2012, 06:19 AM
Received 69 Likes on 54 Posts

After about $3k and repeat multiple trips to a high end European only mechanic in my area, I knew I had to find a better shop. The Jaguar Owner's Club of South Florida recommends the Jaguar Doctor. He is in Boca Raton, which is a bit north of Miami. I live in West Palm Beach, so he is about as far from me as he is to you but it's who I am going to use from now on. I presume he understands our cars and hopefully can repair them right the first time, but I have never had experience with his shop yet...

http://www.southfloridajaguarclub.or...2001-02-03.jpg

If you use him before I do please let me know how it goes!

Old 04-11-2012, 07:46 AM
Veteran Member
Received 78 Likes on 74 Posts

Welcome to the forums...How many miles are on your car?

To start with, you should check out your air and fuel filters...
If you're close to 100k miles, it may be time for new plugs and coils...

Another somewhat common "life-sucking" problem is clogged cat. converters...Any exhaust shop will be able to determine to what degree, if any, they're clogged...If that's the case, they make magnaflow hi-flow cats, about $100-$120/each...

There's are some common failutre parts that you should consider doing prior to spending $$$ on modding...A new DCCV ($90), if this goes, the AC will only blow out full heat and usually will take out a climate module which you need to send for repair...If you have a non-navigation equiped car, you have to pull half your dash apart to get at it...End result, no AC for roughly two weeks...A new coolant expansion tank ($125), they all almost always leak, do it at the same time as your DCCV...New lugnuts ($25) which will require a new lug wrench ($10), the Jaguar lugs often fail...Check your battery and I'd say if it's from 2008 or older, go ahead and get a new one as when the battery starts to die, the STR goes haywire with odd electrical problems...Lastly you'll want to put some thread-locker/locktite on your shifter bolts (located under the car)...

Make sure you always have $1000 allocated for the dreaded under the supercharger leak which requires roughly 8 hours of labor...If you own a STR, it will happen, perhaps you got lucky and the repair was already done...

There are two size pulley upgrades which increase boost, 1.5lbs and 3lbs I may be the only pulley owner who does not recommend pullies in hot climates on this board unless it's bundled with a cooling device, such as meth/alk injectors, a chiller killer...The STR with pulley is a completely different car on a 40f day (much faster) compared to a 80f day (much slower)...You could also skip the pulley and get some ice cold nitrous which I believe is actually less destructive to the Jag's drivetrain than a 3lb pulley in a hot climate...There is also a group buy for an intake elbow, while this may not offer much of a performance gain, it will make the supercharger louder...

Last edited by Bacardi 151; 04-11-2012 at 08:25 AM.
Old 04-12-2012, 02:18 AM
Received 45 Likes on 36 Posts

I have not been there personally, but a few of my friends had good words about this place:

Gables Cats - Jaguar, Volvo and Land Rover Repair

I also heard about Jaguar Doctor as well but never been there to give you first had commentary on their work.

Old 04-12-2012, 08:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After looking around for different shops in the area I decided to go back to my old shop. I have been to Gables Cats and the owner always seems to shoot it straight with me. It is a small independent shop that has done well for me in the past. I currently have the car there. A couple oil leaks repaired, and some suspension bushings to try and remove an annoying knocking. Rick is the guy who runs the shop and does the work. he knows his stuff. I would recommend this shop to anyone in the Miami area. I started the post to see what other options were out there. Thanks for all the feedback.

Old 08-06-2021, 08:01 AM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Looking for Jack repair in South Florida also

I am also looking for a reliable reasonable Jaguar repair shop in South Florida to troubleshoot my p0705 code if anyone knows please let me know thanks
Joe