S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for lower center console assembly 2000 Jaguar S-Type

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2021, 07:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for lower center console assembly 2000 Jaguar S-Type

I have a 2000 Jaguar S-type overall the vehicle is in fantastic shape but the lower console assembly has cracked right on the drivers side and looks terrible.

I Have searched all over Ebay for a month for this part but I have had no luck.
I even contacted some new old stock suppliers who told me they also have been unable to locate this part.
To add to it even the new part is discontinued.

At this point this is my last ditch effort to see if anyone has one lying around that is complete and not broken.

Please let me know if you can help

Old 03-31-2021, 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by HeadmasterAutomotive
I have a 2000 Jaguar S-type overall the vehicle is in fantastic shape but the lower console assembly has cracked right on the drivers side and looks terrible.

I even contacted some new old stock suppliers who told me they also have been unable to locate this part.

At this point this is my last ditch effort to see if anyone has one lying around that is complete and not broken.

The color I am looking for is Gray

Old 03-31-2021, 05:14 PM
jya
Received 163 Likes on 117 Posts

Welcome to the forum.
You may need to start calling some Jaguar wreckers in your area, and beyond. Many don't advertise what they've got in. Usually the wreckers don't hold on to the cars too long, they sell parts that are in regular demand and the car soon ends up as land fill so you'd need to constantly keep in touch with them.
Thake a photo of the part and perhaps email them as well.
Not as easy to get all the bits as it once was but Jaguar did make nearly 300,000 S-Type's so the parts are out there. Calling the wreckers or even the fleabay sellers direct (as many are wreckers) may be your best bet.

Old 04-01-2021, 06:24 AM

Originally Posted by jya
Welcome to the forum.
You may need to start calling some Jaguar wreckers in your area, and beyond. Many don't advertise what they've got in. Usually the wreckers don't hold on to the cars too long, they sell parts that are in regular demand and the car soon ends up as land fill so you'd need to constantly keep in touch with them.
Not as easy to get all the bits as it once was but Jaguar did make nearly 300,000 S-Type's so the parts are out there. Calling the wreckers or even the fleabay sellers direct (as many are wreckers) may be your best bet.
Absolutely agree, I have been watching Car-Part like a hawk and calling once something new pops up, unfortunately by time they post the parts the car is gone and no junk yard seems to remove the bottom console only the top.

I definitely am still using the Junkyard and Ebay route but also hope there's someone on here that may have a parts car or have this particular part that I could buy off of them.

Thank you for the reply!

Old 04-01-2021, 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by jya
Welcome to the forum.
Thank you for your reply and warm welcome!

I absolutely agree, there really is plenty of this car that almost every part is out there either junkyard or Ebay but unfortunately not this particular part.

I should have mentioned this but I have also been watching on Car-Part every day and calling any junkyard that has parts listed for this car.
Unfortunately even the most recently posted parts are posted after the vehicle has been crushed and most do not remove the lower console only the top portion.

I am hoping someone on here will have a parts car of this model or have the part lying around that I may purchase off of them as I have had no luck so far with Ebay, Junkyards or even New old stock. (been about 2 months now of every day searching )

Old 04-01-2021, 11:09 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,341 Likes on 1,842 Posts

Can you post a picture of the damage?
I have repaired cracked and broken plastic panels but as always it depends on exactly what's broken.

Old 04-01-2021, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by clubairth1
Can you post a picture of the damage?
I have repaired cracked and broken plastic panels but as always it depends on exactly what's broken.
Unfortunately we did offer that option to the customer but they are adamant to have a new or used part with no crack.

I don't blame them for this but we have spent a decent amount of time and it may end up being our only option to offer to them for this repair.

They are restoring the vehicle and want it to be as close to perfect as possible.

Old 04-01-2021, 06:52 PM
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

@HeadmasterAutomotive if you find someone who sales or can find the same part, please let me know. I have the same problem, driver an passenger side lower part of the center console, and the worst part is that this part also is the support for the center arm rest and rear air vent, those supports are also broken. I really need to find that part but the color of mine is Ivory.

Side view from driver side

Rear view, arm rest and rear vent support broken, this is why I need both sides

Last edited by e_brugal; 04-02-2021 at 03:28 PM.
Old 03-27-2024, 08:27 PM
Default Have one available

I have one in perfect condition of still looking I am located in Fort Worth tx

Old 03-29-2024, 05:41 PM
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

And I am in the same boat. Also looking for the lower console, now cracked on passenger side, and the rear hinge area is a bit of a mess. 2001 S Type, SDZ cashmere interior.... yup, hard to find item. Saw one in Israel pop up not long ago in Ebay, but $$$$$. I'm sure many cars have been crushed over the years with this console still innocently inside.
I'm looking at perhaps taking the lower console out, fibreglassing something up inside to strengthen it, perhaps some straight bracing/angle iron bracing with Gorilla glue, plastic filler, light repaint...we'll see what I can MacGyver up.
I understand plastic can age, but why did Jaguar//Ford use such cheap plastic. Like the flat panel below the dash over the driver's shins, and the thin little windshield defroster panel in front of the dashpad (which unfortunately is NOT repro'd), they all love to creak and crack. Sorry, rant over now....

Old 03-30-2024, 09:13 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,341 Likes on 1,842 Posts

No arguments but all cars suffer from the deteriorating plastics thing? Just part of manufacturing things to a price and the drive to reduce weight.
It is amazing how fast and how far plastic decays. I have worked on 60+ year old stuff and the plastic just turns to dust. Nothing left at all!

The good thing is with the rise of cheap 3 D Printing many parts are now being reproduced (yes again in crappy plastic!) so if someone will take the time all these parts can be reproduced for not a lot of cost. Of course will they? I don't know but with other cars many impossible to find parts have been made.

Old 03-30-2024, 07:45 PM
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I bought some junkyard trim pieces, passenger side window switches, bumper trim, and hvac control, for my 2000 3.0 Stype, and had no problem finding them on eBay. Most of the people on eBay are wreckers and if you google the name, many times it will show the yard and you van reach them directly

Last edited by Wild Cat; 03-31-2024 at 04:27 PM.
The following users liked this post:
S-Type Owner (03-31-2024)
Old 03-31-2024, 01:52 PM
Received 175 Likes on 136 Posts

The color I am looking for is Gray
Color doesn't matter. You can paint it.

Old 03-31-2024, 02:06 PM
Received 175 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by e_brugal
@HeadmasterAutomotive if you find someone who sales or can find the same part, please let me know. I have the same problem, driver an passenger side lower part of the center console, and the worst part is that this part also is the support for the center arm rest and rear air vent, those supports are also broken. I really need to find that part but the color of mine is Ivory.

Side view from driver side

Rear view, arm rest and rear vent support broken, this is why I need both sides
I just looked at Driver side photo. That can be repaired in place and not deteriorate any further. Glue.....It takes super glue, but not some junk. BSI (Bob Smith Industries) makes a kit. three different thickness bottles and remover. This glue is used in instrument repair. The super thin will penetrate the crack and stabilize it. Then you can make some minor fills and spray it if you like. I have the same car and fixed mine.

S-Type Owner (04-01-2024)
Old 04-08-2024, 08:10 AM
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by davidladewig
I just looked at Driver side photo. That can be repaired in place and not deteriorate any further. Glue.....It takes super glue, but not some junk. BSI (Bob Smith Industries) makes a kit. three different thickness bottles and remover. This glue is used in instrument repair. The super thin will penetrate the crack and stabilize it. Then you can make some minor fills and spray it if you like. I have the same car and fixed mine.
Thats sound like a great idea. I will follow up with this. Interested in the fact it can be done without removing the lower console. I'm always worried about causing more damage with removing something like this and making a decently fair job into a bigger "headachy" one.

Old 04-08-2024, 10:56 AM
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by davidladewig
The Photo i post is old, that part doesn't exist any more, it broke completely in much small pieces, both sides. need to find one in good condition.

Old 04-20-2024, 05:40 PM

Hello Fernando5000,
Need to check if this center black console is available and how much. I am here in Houston Texas. Thanks for the info

Old 04-21-2024, 04:44 AM
Veteran Member
Received 624 Likes on 491 Posts

Originally Posted by menchumante
Hello Fernando5000,
Need to check if this center black console is available and how much. I am here in Houston Texas. Thanks for the info
Welcome. When you get a chance, please post a brief "Intro" in the New Members forum, here:

New Member Area - Intro a MUST - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

This is expected and will help you to get full member privileges on the site.

LLLA (04-27-2024)