Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looks like I shudah bought an Audi

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2011, 09:37 AM
Veteran Member
Received 220 Likes on 203 Posts
Angry Looks like I shudah bought an Audi

Damn! It just won't stop snowing here. Thirty inches on Christmas night. Another 8 after that then another 10 while I was on vacation. Yesterday I got 4" more that wasn't even supposed to happen. This morning another 3 inches has already fallen and tonight we may get another foot of the stuff.

It may be May until I get to drive the Jag again.

Old 01-26-2011, 09:42 AM
Veteran member
Received 251 Likes on 220 Posts

We got 4" this morning. I was sliding all over the place.

Old 01-26-2011, 09:53 AM
Veteran Member
Received 506 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by Staatsof
Damn! It just won't stop snowing here. Thirty inches on Christmas night. Another 8 after that then another 10 while I was on vacation. Yesterday I got 4" more that wasn't even supposed to happen. This morning another 3 inches has already fallen and tonight we may get another foot of the stuff.

Oh Bob...

The audi isn't gonna help you with all the kamikaze SUV drivers out there. It's gettng pretty bad out there.

We just got a break in it for a little while. At least you missed the 10" while you were on vacation. Personally I think it's time to invest in a cheap SUV, (even though I deplore them). That being said, with my luck the moment I register it, it will never snow again. Hrrmmm.. Maybe it's a fair tradeoff.

Take care,

George

Old 01-26-2011, 09:58 AM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

1 word for snow driving.

SUBARU

Nuff said.

Old 01-26-2011, 10:51 AM
Veteran Member

I've already got a Suburban 2500 that I'd rather not drive in the salt so I'm not stuck.

I'm just whining ...

It was so nice in California and it really sucks here this winter.

News Flash ... The ferry my wife takes across the Hudson just caught on fire!

Jeeze, what's next!

Last year it was a jet landing on the river.

WO is me

Old 01-26-2011, 11:08 AM
Veteran Member
Received 166 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by androulakis
Oh Bob...

The audi isn't gonna help you with all the kamikaze SUV drivers out there. It's gettng pretty bad out there.

We just got a break in it for a little while. At least you missed the 10" while you were on vacation. Personally I think it's time to invest in a cheap SUV, (even though I deplore them). That being said, with my luck the moment I register it, it will never snow again. Hrrmmm.. Maybe it's a fair tradeoff.

Take care,

George
George,

Tell me about the kamikaze drivers. Back about 10 years ago we were getting hammered in VA. At the time I had a '90 XJ6 that I drove rather gingerly. It was heavy enough to go through the snow drifts. About a half-mile from home there was a Chevy Blazer parked on its roof in the center divide. At least I made it home safely.

Mike

Old 01-26-2011, 12:11 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,369 Likes on 2,857 Posts

I'll take all the snow you can send us down here in North Carolina. It's been nearly two weeks now since we've had any. About 45 degrees and raining today. Would much rather have another round of the white stuff....

Old 01-26-2011, 12:19 PM
Received 26 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Staatsof

Same here but alot worse than you Jersey Shore fellas have it (sorry), except I drive the Jag. Freaking horrific in the snow.

Old 01-26-2011, 12:28 PM
Veteran Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

*****!

HAHA

I drive mine all winter long here in Chicago.....Get some all season tires on it, and drive.....Just wash it every other day

Old 01-26-2011, 12:33 PM
Veteran Member
Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Sheesh. I live in Quebec City. Coldest place on the freaking planet. I have a Honda Civic that I drive in the winter. Why?

1. The abrasives that they put down means rocks on the hood and windshield.
2. 400HP and RWD are never a good mix.
3. Others don`t know how to drive. Honda`s already been hit once this year.

I had an Audi and it just got mashed in the winter. Awesome traction but still had chips all over it and had to replace the windshield twice.

Old 01-26-2011, 12:34 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Bull27
Same here but alot worse than you Jersey Shore fellas have it (sorry), except I drive the Jag. Freaking horrific in the snow.
I don't know what's worse, Jersey drivers or Massholes.

We're more agressive by far, but you guys seem to just be inept. It's not about speed or agression there (maybe cause enforcement is stricter) just random lane changes with no warning or purpose up there.

George

Old 01-26-2011, 12:56 PM
Veteran Member

I like my car, but I bought it to drive all year round...Sure I have a 97 V6 Thunderbird I could drive, but why when I have all the goodies w/ the Jag and full coverage insurance....and in nice weather there is always the bike and vette to sport around in to keep the miles off the STR during the nice days haha

Old 01-26-2011, 02:14 PM
Veteran Member

Jersey drivers or Massholes.
George
You know George ... just remove one little ol' letter and they're really the same thing.

Old 01-26-2011, 02:24 PM
Veteran Member

Hey I know we're a bunch of pussies here. Meow. But there's been quite a lot of snow this year and where I live there's just no place to clear it to. So you get a single lane plowed and the snow has to be dumped back in the street to melt it. It's a SOB compared to when I had my house on 4 acres in the country with a huge snowblower.

I had a cherry 6 year old Infiniti that I brought out here from California when I moved. I drove it one winter with the blizzacks and it ruined the car. So my Jag stays put till spring. The Suburban and Sable wagon get the winter duty.

But ... the day is not a total loss. Fedex just delivered a case of wine we selected during our vacation in the Napa Valley.

Hmmm, maybe it's time to go sample some ...

Old 01-26-2011, 03:40 PM
Veteran Member

I hear your complaints loud n clear, snow, salt, pot holes, retard drivers, illegal mexicans w/ no insurance....we have it all here in Chicago.....The car gets washed atleast 3x a week.....A buddy of mine has his own detail shop, hand washed, under carriage, wheels, and quick wax 20 bucks.....3 yrs of the city weather and not a hint of rust or damage......The Jag is really only driven in bad weather as well....as the bike and other toys have priority to the nicer days

Old 01-26-2011, 04:28 PM

I don't know what's worse, Jersey drivers or Massholes.

We're more agressive by far, but you guys seem to just be inept. It's not about speed or agression there (maybe cause enforcement is stricter) just random lane changes with no warning or purpose up there.

George
I beg to differ about the aggressivness and speed, and those inept drivers are WOMEN ON CELLPHONES IN BIG SUVS OR MINI VANS...........or old people, or jerks in BMW's.

Try driving on 128 or 93 anytime between 3pm and 630pm and then come talk to me about aggression. I want to freaking murder someone by the time I get home.

Old 01-26-2011, 04:42 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Bull27
I beg to differ about the aggressivness and speed, and those inept drivers are WOMEN ON CELLPHONES IN BIG SUVS OR MINI VANS...........or old people, or jerks in BMW's.

Try driving on 128 or 93 anytime between 3pm and 630pm and then come talk to me about aggression. I want to freaking murder someone by the time I get home.
You obviously haven't driven in northern NJ or anywhere near NYC. Boston seems laid back by comparison. I agree with the aggression thing though, Half the time I'd be in the cell next to you.

All of my friends who have spent any amount of time out of the state driving have all pretty much come back with tickets, and no understanding as to why. Guess other states (PA, DE, MD, ME, OH that I know of), frown upon what we consider normal driving.

Hell, I got pulled over in VA at 86mph and the trooper wanted to arrest me for reckless driving, thankfully I had a federal agent in the car who managed to talk him out it...

Take care

George

Old 01-26-2011, 04:51 PM
Veteran Member
Received 217 Likes on 129 Posts

I got a better idea move down south you'll love it. LOL. I lived in the north for 16 years and I'm so glad I'm not dealing with that anymore.

And Jon be quiet we dont want that snow down here. LOL. Just think in about 2 months it will be perfect weather here and they will be at the weather we are dealing with now.

Old 01-26-2011, 05:24 PM

You obviously haven't driven in northern NJ or anywhere near NYC. Boston seems laid back by comparison. I agree with the aggression thing though, Half the time I'd be in the cell next to you.

All of my friends who have spent any amount of time out of the state driving have all pretty much come back with tickets, and no understanding as to why. Guess other states (PA, DE, MD, ME, OH that I know of), frown upon what we consider normal driving.

Hell, I got pulled over in VA at 86mph and the trooper wanted to arrest me for reckless driving, thankfully I had a federal agent in the car who managed to talk him out it...

Take care

George

All my college buddies live in NYC, and yes, it is a complete s*it show trying to drive (if thats what you call it) in Manhatten. My wife's parents live in upstate NY near Saratoga and that is as peaceful of driving as I've seen. Looks as though from most studies Ive seen, NYC and Miami are the most aggressive/angriest cities, haha.

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE55F1J720090616

Like everyone says, in a hurry to go absolutely NOWHERE.

Old 01-26-2011, 05:52 PM
Veteran Member
Received 166 Likes on 134 Posts

Ha Ha! I bought an Audi to deal with this crap. We have 6" so far in VA and it is still falling at about 1" an hour. The car has handled the conditions fairly well. Meanwhile the Jag stays safely parked.

As to the quality of drivers, here in the DC area they are both aggressive and inept. Lane discipline is virtually unheard of and they like to wait to the last possible instant enter/exit the freeway.

Mike

Quick Reply: Looks like I shudah bought an Audi