Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lots of Lights

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2011, 08:39 PM
Veteran Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Unhappy Lots of Lights

my car was just in to my service guy ( a very good friend who owns a large place with jaguar tech) after i had the coolent pipe under the supercharger went. i had just had all of my others done after a leak a few months ago but obviously due to the labor i chose to wait on the ones under the supercharger. thank god i was in the area when it started and ultimately at home when it was finally a full scale leak. I had just returned from a 500 mile round trip i took in the car a week before hand and first time the car has had any significant distance put on it in a very long time.

tonight i randomly got the engine management, dsc off, parkbrake fault, abs light, red and yellow caution lights etc and barely would move while pushing the gas after leaving a restaurant. it only ran slightly rough, not nearly as bad as when a coil failed in my lexus ls.

I then pulled it over a block or 2 later and turned it off while calling my friend to see if he could meet me at his shop.

When i turned it back on a few mins later the only lights that stayed on were the yellow caution light, abs light, and park brake fault display. car seemed to drive fine to his shop but i didnt get over 30 mph or so or above 2000rpms.

when i got there i waited a few mins for him to arrive and upon starting the car again no lights came on. he said i should just go ahead and leave it and let them check it out in the morning to be safe.

a few side notes:

-the car seems to be guzzling more gas since i got it back from him (it might be me though),
-it was outside today and was pretty much in a huge downpour like -hurricane amounts of rain,
-engine compartment was just cleaned last thursday
-I did get a communication failure or something flash for a second last week after the nav screen looked like it froze then was fine
-car randomly flashed an error yesterday on start up that didnt even stay on or cause a light and was normal

i checked old posts and jsut want to make sure im on on the right track : so im guessing check with the battery first? then all my connections to make sure they are dry? check the trunk by the spare tire to make sure its dry?

any input is greatly appreciated. with as many cars as i have been blessed to have i still love this one and plan to keep it for good

its frustrating but i know little problems can and will happen.

thanks as awlays from a young but long time member

Old 06-07-2011, 01:15 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,528 Likes on 3,938 Posts

Check as you say, with battery #1 suspect, especially if it's oldish or may have been run low (like when the car was in the shop).

Scan for codes - get a (USB or if you prefer bluetooth) elm327 they're great as well as cheap.

Old 06-08-2011, 04:55 PM
Veteran Member
Received 43 Likes on 35 Posts

if there was a huge down pour check this plug.
its going to the TB you get ANY moisture in the plug and you will have a rainbow of lights, and the dreded limp mode.

Its a 2 wire plug, the wires are black and thin.

Old 06-08-2011, 05:16 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i had faced the same problem with my Mercedes C Class ... i hope my post will help u..but don't take it so seriously...if a car don't change it gears ..it can be a problem of electronic system in gear box.. there was a electronic plate attached with filter in my c class..i replaced it and problem solved.. if u have same issue.. u will face this slow drive problem..did u recently changed ur gear oil..?
second Oxygen Sensor..when it don't work it shows same faulty lights on screen..but it does not effect on car drive..as u r saying car is guzzling more gas..so im sure its a oxygen sensor issue..
in both issues ...when u will restart ur car problem will b solved for sum time..just remove ur battery negative cable for half an hour..hope it may resolve ur issue..

Old 06-09-2011, 08:27 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,528 Likes on 3,938 Posts

Originally Posted by usmantariq
i had faced the same problem with my Mercedes C Class ... i hope my post will help u..but don't take it so seriously...if a car don't change it gears ..it can be a problem of electronic system in gear box.. there was a electronic plate attached with filter in my c class..i replaced it and problem solved.. if u have same issue.. u will face this slow drive problem..did u recently changed ur gear oil..?
second Oxygen Sensor..when it don't work it shows same faulty lights on screen..but it does not effect on car drive..as u r saying car is guzzling more gas..so im sure its a oxygen sensor issue..
in both issues ...when u will restart ur car problem will b solved for sum time..just remove ur battery negative cable for half an hour..hope it may resolve ur issue..
Please don't post things like that which are simply not appropriate for the S-Type. I'm willing to believe your intentions are good but at best someone wastes time reading the post and thinking hard whether it applies. At worst someone spends time and/or money before finding out it was a waste.

The S-Type really is not a C Class.

Old 06-10-2011, 04:15 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jagv8
Please don't post things like that which are simply not appropriate for the S-Type. I'm willing to believe your intentions are good but at best someone wastes time reading the post and thinking hard whether it applies. At worst someone spends time and/or money before finding out it was a waste.

The S-Type really is not a C Class.
Sir I have read the rules and regulation v care fully... And I know I should not do this...but I wrote in my post that I hope my post will help but don't take it so seriously...hey u r people r so nice and generous... U do help...my purpose is only give a little information of my experience.. And I said that if that problem exists u may face that problem again..
We all give assumptions and may b we r not always sure about the problem.. But what we can do only, share our experiences...

Old 06-10-2011, 07:35 AM
Veteran Member
Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by usmantariq
We all give assumptions and may b we r not always sure about the problem.. But what we can do only, share our experiences...

that is part of all the forums, we are sharing our experiences.