S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lug Nuts

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2011, 03:20 AM
Veteran Member
Received 220 Likes on 203 Posts

Once you've identified the proper model number then you just need to get them from a quality supplier and you should be fine. If it's really OEM Toyota I'm sure you'll be fine.

Old 08-03-2011, 04:36 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Lug Nuts last vent

Here is my experience with the 2003 S-Type V8 2-piece lug nuts and I hope the last.

Keepiing it short: Vehicle still in-warranty, flat tire in winter, lug nut wrench provided by Jaguar split in half at the first attempt to remove the first lug nut, rounded-off and stripped the Aluminum "beauty cap", called Jaguar's 24 hr hotline, they sent a goof called popaslockie or some such, did not even have a lug nut wrench that fit the Jag, called Jaguar to have it towed in the next day. Jaguar could not even remove the lug nuts, but had to drill one of them out, replaced the threaded lug nut "machine screw", then had the nerve to bill me for that repair and several "destroyed" lug nuts.. This car was only 2 years old at the time. If the Dealer cannot remove the lug nuts without drilling them out, well, I sent a letter of complaint. Never answered. On went the 1-piece chrome lug nuts that actually CAN be removed roadside.

Jerry814

Old 08-04-2011, 06:57 AM
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Don't get the ones from Rock Auto! I got a set and in the first month they started to rust, now 2 months into it half of them are rusted.... I live in a dry salt free area as well...I am going back to stockers they looked cheap but never rusted.

Old 08-04-2011, 07:05 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by achysklic
Don't get the ones from Rock Auto! I got a set and in the first month they started to rust, now 2 months into it half of them are rusted.... I live in a dry salt free area as well...I am going back to stockers they looked cheap but never rusted.
You don't need to do that. Just get some of the Toyota/Lexus style nuts from a reliable supplier. Mine aren't doing this after a year.

Old 08-04-2011, 07:08 AM
Received 26 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Staatsof
You don't need to do that. Just get some of the Toyota/Lexus style nuts from a reliable supplier. Mine aren't doing this after a year.
Unfortunately the whole point of replacing our lugs was to get rid of the crappy OEMs. Are these Toyota/Lexus lugs one or two piece? From the looks of that ebay listing they are 2.

Old 08-04-2011, 08:13 AM
Veteran Member
Default For clarity

The originals are actually 3 piece - nut + cover + washer.

The substitutes everyone is talking about are 2 piece - Nut + washer.

The cover is the issue. It was a stainless steel skin. Stainless steel lug nu\ts are hard to find and expensive the last time I looked.

The Toyota/Lexus style are made in an aftermarket version by Gorilla and others. I've had great luck so far with the Gorilla brand. If you buy a non branded version off of Ebay you may end up with something crummy.

Old 08-04-2011, 08:27 AM
Received 26 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Staatsof
The originals are actually 3 piece - nut + cover + washer.

The substitutes everyone is talking about are 2 piece - Nut + washer.

The cover is the issue. It was a stainless steel skin. Stainless steel lug nu\ts are hard to find and expensive the last time I looked.

The Toyota/Lexus style are made in an aftermarket version by Gorilla and others. I've had great luck so far with the Gorilla brand. If you buy a non branded version off of Ebay you may end up with something crummy.

Thanks for clarifying, thats what I meant by 2 piece, the ones with that ridiculous skin on them. Gorilla it is when I go to replace. If they corrode like these Dormans I'm count to be pissed.

Old 08-04-2011, 08:35 AM
Veteran Member

Look for my post on here somewhere. I did get the Gorilla branded nuts from a very reasonable place. It might even have been Ebay.

Here: https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/s...-73138t-44801/

Cheaper than I paid! http://www.sfxperformance.com/parts/GOR73138T-20.htm

Last edited by Staatsof; 08-04-2011 at 08:41 AM.
Old 08-04-2011, 08:43 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,369 Likes on 2,857 Posts

Bull,

Before you throw your Dormans away, try removing them, thoroughly cleaning them with a rust remover polish, and then sealing them with one of the Rustoleum products made for this purpose. That may do the trick for a year or so, and you'll never know unless you try. I know it's a lot of work, but I'm just trying to save you some money before you decide you're finally done with your Dormans....

Old 08-04-2011, 09:12 PM
Received 98 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by NvmyJag
I found this thread with a Toyota part number of 90942-01033. The only issue was when I called the dealership, they wanted $7.00 each!!!!
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/s...s-again-51723/

I checked on eBay and found a seller who gets his lugs from the dealer. He emailed me and informed me that they are take-offs from the dealer. The dealer takes them off to put aftermarket wheel on the cars but can't sell them as new since they were on the car from the factory, so he buys them in bulk.

I will try them and report back once they arrive.
Toyota / Lexus original Lug Nuts Celica Supra Etc All | eBay
I'm reporting back as promised. They arrived today and they are the solid ones used by Toyota and not the aftermarket ones. The above seller was excellent with communication and parts description. If you need lug nuts, GET THEM FROM THIS GUY!

Old 02-07-2014, 10:17 AM
pab
Veteran Member
Received 242 Likes on 209 Posts

Hey, where did your chrome wheels come from?

I bought my '08 used and it has the chrome Vulcan wheels. It also lost first place in a Jaguar Concours since chrome wheels were never directly supplied by Jaguar and so I lost 20 points for authenticity...

Trying to determine if chrome wheels were ever supplied from Jaguar.
================================================
Jaguar - it's not an automobile, it's a Motorcar

Old 05-06-2014, 09:10 AM
pab
Veteran Member
Received 242 Likes on 209 Posts

Just bought one Mitsubishi lug nut off ebay (part MB579290) to check it out. It is identical to the pictures at the beginning of this thread so things look good.

One question though, it only has one washer while the Jaguar one has two. That means the shaft of the nut is that much longer than the Jaguar one. Do I need to use a second washer or is there "depth" to the wheel to make up for a longer nut?

I'm concerned that the nut would go all the way through the wheel and "bind" on the rotor thus leaving the wheel loose?

Old 05-06-2014, 09:12 AM
Received 2,263 Likes on 1,845 Posts

Originally Posted by pab
Just bought one Mitsubishi lug nut off ebay (part MB579290) to check it out. It is identical to the pictures at the beginning of this thread so things look good.

One question though, it only has one washer while the Jaguar one has two. That means the shaft of the nut is that much longer than the Jaguar one. Do I need to use a second washer or is there "depth" to the wheel to make up for a longer nut?

I'm concerned that the nut would go all the way through the wheel and "bind" on the rotor thus leaving the wheel loose?
That doesn't sound right somehow. I remember only one washer on the original nuts.

Old 05-06-2014, 10:31 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,369 Likes on 2,857 Posts

I still have my original lousy lug nuts stashed in a plastic bag for the next time I donate any metal recycling. They have only one washer each....

My Mitsubishi lug nuts have been outstanding in the 4-plus years I have owned them. Lose your inhibitions and put them on. Problem solved....