Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

mass airflow sensor

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2008, 08:57 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default mass airflow sensor

HIK I JUST PURCHASED A 01 JAGUAR S TYPE 3.0
I NEED A MASS AIRFLOW SENSOR AND I CANT FIND ONE NOWHERE.. I DO NOT WANT TO GO TO THE DEALER... ANY ONE KNOW WHERE I CAN FIND ONE ELSE.. PLEASE LET ME KNOW

Old 10-21-2008, 09:34 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: mass airflow sensor

Just go to the dealer a couple websites have them but they cost around the same as dealer which is around $100 this is my local dealer service department... www.jpamporschejaguarparts.com

Old 10-22-2008, 01:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Service at the dealership is to be avoided.
3rd party mechanic chains like Meineke, Midas etc will usually buy the manufacturer's part from the dealership.
The difference is 3rd party labor costs much less per hour and they are less likely to replace parts in your car unnecessarily, whereas doing that is very common and encouraged at the dealership.

Old 10-22-2008, 12:45 PM
Veteran Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

You can't throw a blanket over all dealerships and call them bad. There are good and bad dealerships. Just like with us in the aftermarket. There a good aftermarket shops and suppliers and some really bad ones.

You've got a good point on finding someone you trust and stick with them. They won't be the least expensive or quickest or smartest on everything they do for you, but the relationship will gain you certain favor.

Old 10-22-2008, 08:55 PM
Received 2,190 Likes on 1,357 Posts

thanks Ken, How true

Old 10-24-2008, 07:38 AM

ORIGINAL: ken@britishparts.com
You can't throw a blanket over all dealerships and call them bad. There are good and bad dealerships. Just like with us in the aftermarket. There a good aftermarket shops and suppliers and some really bad ones.

You've got a good point on finding someone you trust and stick with them. They won't be the least expensive or quickest or smartest on everything they do for you, but the relationship will gain you certain favor.
Part of the problem with dealership service is that much of it, for the first 5 years of the new car often, is free for the customer.
This leads to a situation where the customer is not as determined to argue with the dealership to save money when the dealership wants to replace parts unnecessarily.
Warranty service is just billed to the manufacturer.
That leads to a mentality at the dealership in which mechanics are rewarded for simply replacing parts and perhaps hoping that it fixes the customer problem.
Sometimes, they are not even hoping that.
One possible solution is to do what is done with some medical insurance programs:
customer co-pay on each and every part replaced.

Old 10-24-2008, 10:10 AM
Veteran Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

No, that's really not the way it works. Jaguar publishes prices at suggested retail, etc. Some dealers chose to follow those and some don't. The dealers are not "in this" with Jaguar. If fact, the bump it up warranty stuff is the dealership ripping off the parent company of Jaguar. It's done be each individual dealership.

Now you have huge conglamorations that love to jack their prices. If you own all the dealerships in a town then you control your competition. But that's private sector capitalism, right? Look to see how many dealerships, one company owns in your town. Look what they do to your parts, service and new car prices. This a very common partice for the big, private companies that buy dealerships. Believe me, that new car prep charge that the dealer will not let you out of is not a Jaguar charge. That's just a little bonus for the dealer.

Now, some dealers don't do all this. You've just got to find the right dealer. Don't blame Jaguar, don't blame all dealerships. This is just large companies that found a legal way to stick it to the consumer, and we all pay for it.

Sorry about the rant.

Old 10-24-2008, 11:35 AM

Right, as I said, and have said before, the Dealership often is ripping off the Manufacturer.
Then, when the Warranty is expired, then they turn their crooked intentions toward the customer.
The Dealership is no place to be for Unwarrantied men.