S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Might be trading the S-Type R in for a 2010 C63 AMG!

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2012, 11:23 PM
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Might be trading the S-Type R in for a 2010 C63 AMG!

Mercedes-Benz : C-Class Mercedes-Benz : C-Class | eBay

Got them down to $53,000 for the car so far, PLUS they are going to throw in enclosed transport since another customer of theirs is having a car he bought from them shipped to VA. So it will be in the same truck. I had a friend that lives out there look at it for me and he said its mint and is completely optioned out. Sticker price was just under $80,000.

Only thing is, to add another 2-years to the MB factory warranty is going to cost $4000. So all said and done it will be 60k for the car. I like my S-Type R but after driving one of these, it makes it feel so outdated. Plus the payment will only be another $220/month. I stopped eating out pretty much at all now that way I can justify keeping 3 nice cars

What does everyone think, should I go for it? I really like the new AMG coupe they put out, but the way I want it is going to cost 85 grand. I'm thinking of holding out another year or two for a used one though. The updated interior is very nice.

Old 01-07-2012, 12:33 AM
Received 198 Likes on 166 Posts

I'd do it. If I had the money and were looking for a new smaller 4 door performance car, the C63 would be at the top of my list. The exhaust sound is incredible and just sets off the whole thing.

Old 01-07-2012, 12:38 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

get the new xkr

The following users liked this post:
bfsgross (01-08-2012)
Old 01-07-2012, 12:39 AM
Veteran member
Received 251 Likes on 220 Posts

Man that thing looks mean!! Do it and don't look back.

Old 01-07-2012, 12:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't do it man. Just a little tinkering with the speedo output device will make your life much better (and less expensive) to keep the Jag. The top speed is slowed to 155 MPH by the signal sent from the speedo to the computer. With a little bit of thought and a drill to spin the speedo, volt meter, and you will find the wire that sends the the governing signal to the computer which limits your top speed. Clip the wire. It has no other function. Now your Jag is a 170 MPH beast. Forget the AMG, you'll blast past it.
cheers

Old 01-07-2012, 02:53 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,534 Likes on 3,943 Posts

Originally Posted by dujaguar
With a little bit of thought and a drill to spin the speedo, volt meter, and you will find the wire that sends the the governing signal to the computer which limits your top speed. Clip the wire. It has no other function. Now your Jag is a 170 MPH beast.
So... referring to the Electrical Guide - which wire is it? Post a proper reference.

Hint: no such wire.

Old 01-07-2012, 04:30 AM
Veteran Member
Received 220 Likes on 203 Posts

You'll be able to get to your court dates all that much faster.

The prosecutor will be favorably impressed with your change of automobiles.

Your insurance company will also be impressed.

But it is after all your money and a lot of money too.

The car had better be a lot more.

You'll get watched much closer by LEO in that versus the Jag. It screams "I'm going really fast" but then so does your Vette so ...

Just stay safe guy.

Originally Posted by 08Z06
Mercedes-Benz : C-Class Mercedes-Benz : C-Class | eBay

Got them down to $53,000 for the car so far, PLUS they are going to throw in enclosed transport since another customer of theirs is having a car he bought from them shipped to VA. So it will be in the same truck. I had a friend that lives out there look at it for me and he said its mint and is completely optioned out. Sticker price was just under $80,000.

Only thing is, to add another 2-years to the MB factory warranty is going to cost $4000. So all said and done it will be 60k for the car. I like my S-Type R but after driving one of these, it makes it feel so outdated. Plus the payment will only be another $220/month. I stopped eating out pretty much at all now that way I can justify keeping 3 nice cars

What does everyone think, should I go for it? I really like the new AMG coupe they put out, but the way I want it is going to cost 85 grand. I'm thinking of holding out another year or two for a used one though. The updated interior is very nice.

Last edited by Staatsof; 01-07-2012 at 06:56 AM.
JOsworth (01-07-2012)
Old 01-07-2012, 05:52 AM
Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

Looks Impressive.

You only regret the things you didn't do not the ones you did, go for it.

Will say I had a black Mercedes once and that was the hardest darn car to keep clean I ever had, shows up every speck of dust and dirt...never again. Any other colors? Counter intuitively white cars show hardly any dirt.

Dujaguar: Please put me down for the schematics on the 'wire clipping' for the speed limiter too.

Though with the new French law prohibiting Sat Nav notice of radar cameras, etc., effective today, I may be tempting fate.

jj

Last edited by jamjax; 01-07-2012 at 06:02 AM.
Old 01-07-2012, 07:59 AM
Veteran Member
Received 78 Likes on 74 Posts

It's a nice car, but not flashy enough for my tastes; you shouldn't care about my opinion...

Old 01-07-2012, 09:03 AM
Veteran member
Received 251 Likes on 220 Posts

The sound alone is enough There is still no replacement for displacement (sound wise)

Mercedes Benz C63 AMG Sound!! Revs - accelerations - ride!! - 1080p HD - YouTube

Old 01-07-2012, 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by Staatsof
You'll be able to get to your court dates all that much faster.

The prosecutor will be favorably impressed with your change of automobiles.

Your insurance company will also be impressed.

But it is after all your money and a lot of money too.

The car had better be a lot more.

You'll get watched much closer by LEO in that versus the Jag. It screams "I'm going really fast" but then so does your Vette so ...

Just stay safe guy.
Yep. Actually, just under $10,000 made that entire situation go away for the most part. All i got was a slap on the wrist. Money talks, BS walks .

I know it's not as "baller" looking, but its just so much better riding and has so much newer tech in it. For example, the nav system in our cars is 10 years old. The one thing I don't like about these Benz's are the fact that everyone and their brother leases a base C300 ( a total POS by the way), so nobody looks at you twice driving the C63. I drove my buddies for a decent while out west and that thing moves!

Old 01-07-2012, 10:50 AM
Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

i got my STR on ebay with the make an offer. The car was taken down right after the agreement.
If you reached an agreement of 53,000 why is it still up?
But to your question I say go for it. Your signature suggests thay you prefer newer low mileage cars, your STR is getting OLD. Have you traded it or selling private?you will take a hit on the STR but you know that already.. I wish I had your money, I would burn mine ...lol good luck, let us know how it works out

Old 01-07-2012, 01:43 PM
Veteran Member
Received 324 Likes on 228 Posts

Originally Posted by jamjax
You only regret the things you didn't do not the ones you did, go for it.
jj
I could just be the reckless type, but I've done plenty of things I've regretted. Though a wise word of caution probably wouldn't have done much good, as I was never good at taking advice.

Old 01-07-2012, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by MyBlackCat
i got my STR on ebay with the make an offer. The car was taken down right after the agreement.
If you reached an agreement of 53,000 why is it still up?
But to your question I say go for it. Your signature suggests thay you prefer newer low mileage cars, your STR is getting OLD. Have you traded it or selling private?you will take a hit on the STR but you know that already.. I wish I had your money, I would burn mine ...lol good luck, let us know how it works out
Didn't agree to anything yet, had to make sure i got approved from bank first. I would have to sell it privately to make this work. Been talking to these guys for a couple weeks now...at first they didn't drop below 58k. From what I can guesstimate, they paid about 50k for the car possibly a little less. I'd sell my STR for 22k right now. If I can't get that for it, i'm going to keep it. I can't decide if I should go for this car, or wait 2 more years and get a used '12 AMG coupe.

I burn my money too brotha . I'm not saving anywhere near what I should but I'm single and don't have any kids -- just living it up. Remember, you could die tomorrow.

Old 01-07-2012, 02:08 PM
Veteran Member
Received 324 Likes on 228 Posts

The only vehicles I've ever regretted buying were the dogs I should never have bought in the first place. This car looks far from that category, & you sound like you can well afford the expense. Hard to see a downside to that one. Go for it!

Old 01-07-2012, 06:57 PM
Veteran member
Received 194 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by 08Z06
Yep. Actually, just under $10,000 made that entire situation go away for the most part. All i got was a slap on the wrist. Money talks, BS walks .

I know it's not as "baller" looking, but its just so much better riding and has so much newer tech in it. For example, the nav system in our cars is 10 years old. The one thing I don't like about these Benz's are the fact that everyone and their brother leases a base C300 ( a total POS by the way), so nobody looks at you twice driving the C63. I drove my buddies for a decent while out west and that thing moves!

Old 01-07-2012, 08:45 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,703 Likes on 1,211 Posts

Whats better $10,000.00 or this

??

bfsgross (01-08-2012)
Old 01-07-2012, 09:14 PM
Veteran Member
Received 220 Likes on 203 Posts

Originally Posted by joycesjag
Whats better $10,000.00 or this

??
LOL, how do you find such photos. Never mind, I don't really want to know ...

That's pretty expensive for soap-on-a-rope. Great that it's pink too ...

I don't think it matters what the marque of the car is.

Old 01-07-2012, 09:48 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,703 Likes on 1,211 Posts

Originally Posted by Staatsof
LOL, how do you find such photos. Never mind, I don't really want to know ...

That's pretty expensive for soap-on-a-rope. Great that it's pink too ...

I don't think it matters what the marque of the car is.

Old 01-07-2012, 11:22 PM
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

the new C63 will lose half its value in 2-3 years. AMG's are my fav, great cars, I have 4 high mileage AMGs that still run like new. That C63 is a race car for the street.

Quick Reply: Might be trading the S-Type R in for a 2010 C63 AMG!