S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The miles to empty message is gone.

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2022, 02:42 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default The miles to empty message is gone.

Hi all. Had some electric parking brake issues and it required installing a new EPB actuator motor. Several warning messages appeared on the dash screen regarding that particular fault, and when all was said and done, the messages cleared and the dash message window went back to normal except for the message that usually appears, and that is the Miles to Empty message. I use it quite a bit, as I log a lot of miles. I'm not sure where/why it disappeared or how to get it back. Resetting the trip meter didn't do anything and I can't find anything in the OM that tells me how to retrieve it. I know it's got to be something simple, like changing centigrade to fahrenheit or British English to US English, or metric to imperial but can't figure it out. Thanks.

Old 10-07-2022, 10:25 AM
Received 36 Likes on 19 Posts

When you cycle through all the other options to be displayed, they're all there? miles, trip mileage, avg speed, etc?

Old 10-07-2022, 10:27 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yup. All there. This is an update several hours after I posted the original response. What I discovered was my mechanic, while addressing the Electric Park Brake issue and replacing the EPB actuator is he unplugged both connectors from the EPB Module. He did this to prevent any potential damage to the system or the module should there be a short in the actuator motor. Having done that, and replacing the connectors when he was done caused the module (which controls functions other than just the EPB, such as cruise control and system language) to reset to factory defaults on language, metric vs. imperial and celsius vs. Fafhrenheit. So the language reverted to English (U.K.). Once I reset ti back to English (U.S.) the Distance to Empty came back on the screen. Evidently it doesn't show up when the language is English (U.K.). So problem solved. There are so many reset options on the car and its systems, it boggles the mind.

Last edited by FhvnEd; 10-07-2022 at 08:28 PM.