S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mina Gallery Intake

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2013, 02:40 PM
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Hi Rasputin, thanks for the questions. I did not reset the Battery and I did get clamps. The clamps are ok but I would rather of used T clamps like on the intake as they are stronger so will get replacements. So purchased Actron CP9580A from Advanced Auto ( this is what the store uses) bit pricey at $210 in the sale but what the heck it will last me hopefully for years. Had 2 codes come up on a MAF error and the other a pending P1111. I checked all seals on the hoses and found them tight, I cleared the codes and then drove 20 miles, no engine light. Will keep an eye on the engine light and hope it does not come back.

Old 03-13-2013, 11:41 PM
Received 101 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Robert Page
Hi Rasputin, thanks for the questions. I did not reset the Battery and I did get clamps. The clamps are ok but I would rather of used T clamps like on the intake as they are stronger so will get replacements. So purchased Actron CP9580A from Advanced Auto ( this is what the store uses) bit pricey at $210 in the sale but what the heck it will last me hopefully for years. Had 2 codes come up on a MAF error and the other a pending P1111. I checked all seals on the hoses and found them tight, I cleared the codes and then drove 20 miles, no engine light. Will keep an eye on the engine light and hope it does not come back.
Hmm we are all in this together since I will be installing mine on Saturday. P1111 or IIRC P0000 simply means the car has ran all the necessary checks/cycle loops. If you scan your car and there is no light, P1111 will come up. I would post the MAF error code and do a search on it, interesting that, that is the issue. I felt like the MAF had a good seal when I did my pre-run, let us know what happens in a few miles.

Old 03-14-2013, 07:05 AM
Received 85 Likes on 66 Posts

Hey guys!

Definitely get the clamps. This is something I had discussed with Chris at Mina. I agree the t-bolt clamps are best, but I used the standard hose clamps for the elbow connections. Make sure you have the silicon evenly over both connection points and ratchet it down as tight as you can.

If you don't have the elbow and are connecting to the stock elbow, the tube diameter is much bigger and you really have to make sure you are getting a clean seal between the ribbed plastic tube and the MAF box. It's not easy, but can be done. I ran mine that way for a few months before my elbow came.

The specter t-bolts from PepBoys is what I used they look good, seal well and are about $5 bucks!

You can see my setup in the earlier pics. Just FYI Seth (bfsgross) and I both run a similar setup neither of us have thrown codes and we both had quick and easy installs...

Give it a good once over but if you are using that stock elbow that may be your issue / leak it's very easy to bunch up the ribbed tube behind the MAF and cause a leak!

Last edited by cbharley10; 03-14-2013 at 12:21 PM.
The following users liked this post:
bfsgross (03-14-2013)
Old 03-14-2013, 11:24 AM

Here is my set up on the XJR, as you can see i am running the Mina to the intake tube. have driven the car more today and no more codes. as you can see from the Pictures the cone is a bit big for the space that is created by the shield.

Attached Thumbnails Mina Gallery Intake-dsc_0973.jpg   Mina Gallery Intake-dsc_0976.jpg   Mina Gallery Intake-dsc_0979.jpg   Mina Gallery Intake-dsc_0977.jpg  
Old 03-14-2013, 11:26 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,527 Likes on 3,937 Posts

After clearing/battery off you should have pending P1000 (not P0000) and when all monitors have run should change to P1111. Other codes would need investigation.

Old 03-14-2013, 08:22 PM
Received 198 Likes on 166 Posts

Be sure that you have the MAFS all the way down. I just installed mine and the biggest problem I had was getting the MAFS all the way in the hole as it seems the hole is slightly too small. I had to wiggle it (which rubbed a bit of the plastic off the MAFS body) and put a lot of pressure to get the o-ring and body of the MAFS to seat properly. If you had problems like this, its possible that the o-ring on the MAFS may have gotten damaged or torn and that could cause your MAFS code.

Also, I removed my "ram air" portion of the intake as I don't see any benefit now. As mentioned previously, I will probably also look to fabricate some sort of scoop from the lower air dam in the bumper up through the hole behind and below the driver's headlamp assembly.

My install only took about 20 minutes other than trying to get the MAFS into the hole and it definitely makes the intake noise a lot more apparent.

Old 03-14-2013, 09:45 PM
Veteran Member
Received 431 Likes on 389 Posts

LOL! Oh yeah, it's now sucking a bunch of uninhibited air.

Old 03-19-2013, 06:29 PM

So driven car for 3 days no problem then today engine light then Restricted performance, but strangely no performance drop! Will plug in the OBD tomorow but thinking standard box back on, had no problems with standard box and K&N filter. Mina tested the intake with standard tube not our intake tubes could be the airflow is too much and is throwing the system.

Old 03-19-2013, 08:25 PM
Veteran Member

Robert, provided there aren't pre-existing issues and the Mina intake was properly installed, there will be complete compatibility. Go over your work then perform a hard re-set of the ECU via removing both terminals from battery then touch them together for 30 seconds. This'll allow the ECU to learn the new flow parameters of the Mina intake.

Old 03-19-2013, 10:24 PM
Received 198 Likes on 166 Posts

So driven car for 3 days no problem then today engine light then Restricted performance, but strangely no performance drop! Will plug in the OBD tomorow but thinking standard box back on, had no problems with standard box and K&N filter. Mina tested the intake with standard tube not our intake tubes could be the airflow is too much and is throwing the system.
I doubt that is the case; there are quite a few members running aftermarket intake tubes with the Mina filter setup without any problems. I would make sure the MAFS is all the way down and that the o-ring is not torn.

Old 03-20-2013, 02:02 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,527 Likes on 3,937 Posts

Don't disconnect battery if you want to use OBD as all data is lost.

Old 03-20-2013, 09:44 AM
Veteran Member

Just do it.

Old 03-20-2013, 07:24 PM

So still having issues but out of the blue tonight Chris from Mina Called and we talked about poss solutions! What a top man real customer services. Chris is totally focused on making sure that his products work and that customers are satisfied very rare these days.

Old 04-05-2013, 09:41 PM

So update, Chris from Mina sent me a new tube for the MAF all metal to replace the metal/plastic one, fitted today and drove about 50 miles. So far no codes especially the bank 1 lean. Still not sure this is fixed will see over the next week.

Old 04-06-2013, 06:48 AM
Veteran Member

K, notice improvement in throttle response and some power? Keep us posted.

Old 04-06-2013, 01:21 PM

Codes back and restricted performance on way to a cars and coffee meet this morning! Got home put standard box back on with my intake tube and K&N panel, have driven the last hour or so and no Codes or restricted performance. I give up and will keep the set up as is. My car must just not like the airflow.

Old 04-06-2013, 02:36 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Can you feel a power difference

Old 04-08-2013, 10:30 PM

So standard box and K&N panel been back on for 2 days no codes no restricted performance or lean codes any ideas chaps? I have bought so many clamps is crazy they where done up so tight I actually broke one. MAF was installed properly so I am confident that instal was good. My car must just be one of the odd ones that does not like some stuff, I know people who cannot even run a K&N panel without codes so stick to Paper. Perhaps after 9yrs Ronnie's computer can't compensate enough for the improved airflow I don't know anyway the Mina intake is off, not saying this is a bad product in anyway and Chris at Mina is great but Ronnie just does not like it. Have to report that car is running great but suppose I will have to take off the nice Mina Gallery Badge from the back of the car.

Old 04-08-2013, 10:33 PM

Just one thing to point out, my kit came with a large cone filter that is really too big for the space do fit it. How big and what shape are everyone else's filters? Did hear that some incorrect filters had gone out, would this make a difference?

Old 04-08-2013, 11:23 PM
Veteran Member
Received 217 Likes on 129 Posts

Sorry to go off topic a little but you go to Cars and Coffee every month. I kind of slept in but was planning on going last weekend Robert. I'll try and catch you at the next one.

Quick Reply: Mina Gallery Intake