S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Missing Built in mobile phone ????

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2012 | 04:50 AM
|
Default Missing Built in mobile phone ????

Ok so this forum has helped me fix my wifes xj40 endless times from leak's in footwells to the heating/a.c system blowing defferent temp from different vents. Now its time for my 1999 s type 3.0 v6. I Fixed the missfire (Number 3 under the intake manifold) thanks to these lovely pages full of helpfull people but after looking backwards and forwards through thread after thread i can't work out about my built in phone so here goes with what i know or at least think i know.

I have all the buttons and the mic on the roof lining between the lights and sun visor (I know that this alone doesn't mean the phone is installed).

When i press the voice button and ask to dial a number or memory 1 for example i get the voice responce asking if i want to dial the number. I press the voice button again and reply yes all good so far, but that is as far as it can go due to the fact i do not have any hand set or conectors vissable anywhere inside the car. Nothing under the centre arm rest or the built in pop out holder built into the dash.

Only thing i can think of is at some point in its life the owner before me has taken out the actual handset conector and refitted a standard centre arm rest without the phone conector built into it. I cant find a blue tooth device so i dont think it has been fitted with a blue tooth module by the previous owner. Any help would be great.

I know its not a great phone sytem and that a blue tooth after market set up would be better but i am a true believer in original parts and HATE things that dont work (I am known to strip down the dash just to replace a single back light on the speedo binicle) even the blanking buttons for the rear electric sun visor and parking sensors drives me crazy but these are also on my list of jobs to get done this summer (If it ever gets to the uk this year)

Thanks to all in advance

Old 06-16-2012 | 05:43 AM
Veteran Member

Sounds like you have voice module but not handset and may or may not have phone module.

I'd start by emailing Jag (via their web site) asking for full details of your car. Or you can get from any dealer; if you ask nicely they tend not even to charge.

Also, plug in jag-specific OBD tool and see what modules it finds. AE (AutoEnginuity) or such as WDS/IDS/SDD.

The following users liked this post:
newbound7 (06-17-2012)
Old 06-17-2012 | 04:55 AM
|

Thanks for the quick responce. I will give my local dealer a call on monday and see if they can put some light on the matter.

I didn't know that you can just ask them the speck of your car, hopefully they are one of the friendly dealers. I will post back as soon as i get any answers from them

Old 06-24-2012 | 12:14 PM
|

A hissing/A.C problem has arived putting this on the back boiler for now. Will post when ready to continue