S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MMMM..Dimpled and slotted rotors....

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 11:19 AM
Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts
Default MMMM..Dimpled and slotted rotors....

Are on the way from brakeperformance.com. went with the best they had which are the dimpled// slotted as they come with pads and it ends up less then doing cross drilled and getting seperate pads.. I have yet to see a pic of the str with the rotor upgrade but it think it will be a very nice addition.

one thing i still cant seem to find anywhere but the dealer are the pads for the epb...anyone??

Old 03-29-2011, 11:31 AM
Veteran Member
Received 43 Likes on 35 Posts

We have EPB, pads did you want organic or semi metalic?

Call me and let me know.

Old 03-29-2011, 12:11 PM
Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts

Here are mine, both front and rear are drilled.

Name:  rotor.jpg
Views: 240
Size:  93.6 KB

The following users liked this post:
fergs03R (03-29-2011)
Old 03-29-2011, 12:18 PM
Veteran Member
Received 218 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by fergs03R
Are on the way from brakeperformance.com. went with the best they had which are the dimpled// slotted as they come with pads and it ends up less then doing cross drilled and getting seperate pads.. I have yet to see a pic of the str with the rotor upgrade but it think it will be a very nice addition.

one thing i still cant seem to find anywhere but the dealer are the pads for the epb...anyone??
I've been running the cross-drilled and slotted from them for about 6 months now, very satified. There is a post I had with them its buried in the forum somewhere. Heres some pics. I got the black coated which did you end up with.

Attached Thumbnails MMMM..Dimpled and slotted rotors....-rotor.jpg   MMMM..Dimpled and slotted rotors....-rotor2.jpg   MMMM..Dimpled and slotted rotors....-rotor3.jpg  
Old 03-29-2011, 12:21 PM
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Vance what brand of paint did you use, and where did you get the jaguar stickers?

Also did you get metallic or ceramic pads?

Old 03-29-2011, 12:21 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Pushing_Tin
Here are mine, both front and rear are drilled.

Nice I didnt know you finally got them. Did you get them from brakeperformance or did you source them somewhere else? I notice the hub section is black are they the black coated or it that just the way they came normally?

Old 03-29-2011, 12:25 PM
Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts

Hey Vance, I got them from brakeperformance after waiting for about a month. They came black like that, so far I'm very pleased with the quality. I used the EBC restuff pads too.

Old 03-29-2011, 12:28 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by achysklic
Vance what brand of paint did you use, and where did you get the jaguar stickers?
Its the G2 caliper paint kit. Amazon seemed to be the cheapest. The G2 is so much better then Duplicolors. I used Duplicolor on my last car and it sucked paint chipped real quick. The G2 is perfect almost looks powder coated. You have to be really careful if you ever take your rims off those after you do it. I knicked a small spot from putting a rim off and it dragged across a caliper. Cant see it though with the wheels on. I'm gonna touch it up some time in the future when I get around to it. Otherwise holding up very nice. I have a toothbrush I use when washing my car that I use to clean the calipers and they still look like I just painted them. I layed the vinyl stickers after the paint dried then clear coated over that so the stickers are sealed in. I got the stickers off a friend of mine in the sign business. He has his own company. If you are interested I can talk to him about getting me some more. I have a few left over cause he sent me alot cause I think I confused him when I gave him all the specs and sizes and the other side had to be reflected. I dont think I have enough for all four sides though. I'm sure he can make me more. I just hope he saved it. Its actually the Jaguar Racing logo that I cut and moved the leaper to the one side. His cutter though cut the word racing which was under Jaguar and it didnt look right so we just stuck with Jaguar and the leaper. I think it looks great and I really love the look. Definitly different.

I reused my pads that were already on there cause they were still good almost brand new. I replaced the rotors cause I warped the rear with some spirited driving. The front are ceramic and the rear look to be a semi metallic. Eventually I'm gonna go all ceramic once they are due for new pads. The rears dust like crazy but they front are usually pretty good.

This is the logo I was trying to use but with the size the racing part didnt come out so good so it was scrapped. And I just moved the leaper to the side.

Last edited by vance580; 03-29-2011 at 12:34 PM.
Old 03-29-2011, 12:46 PM
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Thanks Vance it turned out awesome.

PM ME AS I would love to have a set of the vinyls.

Old 03-29-2011, 12:53 PM
Veteran Member

Here is the Napa Ultra prem. EPB part number: UP UP7872M
Check www.napaonline.com for the price in your area.

The following users liked this post:
fergs03R (03-29-2011)
Old 03-29-2011, 02:28 PM
Veteran Member
Received 86 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by vance580
Its the G2 caliper paint kit. Amazon seemed to be the cheapest. The G2 is so much better then Duplicolors. I used Duplicolor on my last car and it sucked paint chipped real quick. The G2 is perfect almost looks powder coated. You have to be really careful if you ever take your rims off those after you do it. I knicked a small spot from putting a rim off and it dragged across a caliper. Cant see it though with the wheels on. I'm gonna touch it up some time in the future when I get around to it. Otherwise holding up very nice. I have a toothbrush I use when washing my car that I use to clean the calipers and they still look like I just painted them. I layed the vinyl stickers after the paint dried then clear coated over that so the stickers are sealed in. I got the stickers off a friend of mine in the sign business. He has his own company. If you are interested I can talk to him about getting me some more. I have a few left over cause he sent me alot cause I think I confused him when I gave him all the specs and sizes and the other side had to be reflected. I dont think I have enough for all four sides though. I'm sure he can make me more. I just hope he saved it. Its actually the Jaguar Racing logo that I cut and moved the leaper to the one side. His cutter though cut the word racing which was under Jaguar and it didnt look right so we just stuck with Jaguar and the leaper. I think it looks great and I really love the look. Definitly different.

I reused my pads that were already on there cause they were still good almost brand new. I replaced the rotors cause I warped the rear with some spirited driving. The front are ceramic and the rear look to be a semi metallic. Eventually I'm gonna go all ceramic once they are due for new pads. The rears dust like crazy but they front are usually pretty good.

This is the logo I was trying to use but with the size the racing part didnt come out so good so it was scrapped. And I just moved the leaper to the side.
Go with Akebonos on your next pad change, and you won't be disappointed at all about the brake dust. I have them installed on the front and back, and you know my wheels are powder coated so I get 99.9% no brake dust on them with those pads.

Old 03-29-2011, 02:46 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by jag79
Go with Akebonos on your next pad change, and you won't be disappointed at all about the brake dust. I have them installed on the front and back, and you know my wheels are powder coated so I get 99.9% no brake dust on them with those pads.
I have the part numbers for them saved. They will be what I go with when the time comes. I would of went with them already but mine were so new looking I really didnt want to buy another set if I really didnt need them.

Old 03-29-2011, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by vance580
I've been running the cross-drilled and slotted from them for about 6 months now, very satified. There is a post I had with them its buried in the forum somewhere. Heres some pics. I got the black coated which did you end up with.

since the black ends up wearing off the face, i went with zinc coated black hub and the slots and dimples have black

Old 03-29-2011, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by Mafioso
We have EPB, pads did you want organic or semi metalic?

Call me and let me know.
i pmd you a couple days back on this... i also pmd you about the tailight....but semi metallic is fine

Old 03-29-2011, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by Mafioso
Here is the Napa Ultra prem. EPB part number: UP UP7872M
Check www.napaonline.com for the price in your area.

cool 70 bucks... thats half price of the dealer...nice!!

Old 03-29-2011, 03:45 PM
Veteran Member

Those are the semi metallics, we also sell organics if you want.