S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

mods

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2010, 05:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mods

I have a 2000 s-type in mint condition and I am looking to mod it. My question is what mods should I do ? I thought about rims,but my rims are nice.

Old 06-26-2010, 11:59 PM

Definately throw the mesh grill. Please dont get the $20 mesh grill though. Get one with the jaguar growler emblem at the top so it looks more official. The ones without it look like a dollar store item.

Put on the stainless steel pillar posts, and lastly, if you really want to turn heads throw on the chrome mirror covers. Then your s type will basically look like a 2008

Old 06-27-2010, 08:37 AM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Mods can vary by taste of the owner. You going for a sporty look with lowering springs and alloy wheels? Or you plan to throw big wheels on it with chromed out everything and purple HIDs? Or is it going to be a civic with a bodykit and tints and loud exhaust? It is best to think it through first. Even though you have a 10 year old car, you want to maintain the jaguar lines and keep the sophistication. Go on cardomain and see what so many others have done before you. Also you can go to www.superbuytires.com and browse through their gallery.

IMO, don't get wheels above 19". Chrome is a fad that comes and gos. Watch it though, too much makes the car look tacky. Post pictures of your car. We would all love to see what you are working with....

Old 06-27-2010, 09:39 AM
Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

I saw a black Audi today where someone had "black-o-dized" the ally wheels, and I thought it looked quite smart. Audi of course don't look as ugly as, dare I say? -- BMW.
Leedsman.

Last edited by Leedsman; 06-27-2010 at 09:40 AM. Reason: Signature.
Old 06-27-2010, 12:40 PM

How do you post pics? I am using the photobucket and copy the img code but it is not working.

Old 06-27-2010, 12:46 PM

[/IMG] [/IMG]

Old 06-27-2010, 12:59 PM

Here are some pics that I took with my camera phone so this is what we have to work with.

Old 06-27-2010, 01:40 PM
Veteran member
Received 1,151 Likes on 753 Posts

Glad you got that pic-postin figured out ridin, I deleted the failed image attempt posts above.

Old 06-27-2010, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by h20boy
Glad you got that pic-postin figured out ridin, I deleted the failed image attempt posts above.

Thanks, it had something to do with the information code my cell phone put on it before I saved it to my computer!

Old 06-27-2010, 08:13 PM

it looks like a very nice stock 2000 S. Try to purchase a mesh grille and lower mesh grille to match. They will really give your front end a nice face lift. Be warned, the lower mesh grill is a pain to install. I would stay away from tints. Tints will throw it off. The stock radio has to go. You should get a nice 7 inch nav headunit up front. Brands to get include Eclipse, Kenwood, or Pioneer. Stay away from pyle, boss, jvc, clarion, alpine. These brands are low end and/or limited in selection. If you get HIDs, make sure they are Phillips OSRAM or M-TEC. Change the lighting too. You can swap out your turn signals. 3357 up front and 7507 in the rears. These are currently yellow colored bulbs. Do yourself a favor and get the chromed out versions. They have a very clean look. Stay away from chrome pillars or covers. Also stay away from those buick fender vents.
This is just a start. I mean the above is only my opinion. You don't have to agree, but you can see my vision of a modified 2000 S-Type with out ruining it to look tacky.

Old 06-28-2010, 10:16 AM

get a set of stainless wheel arch trims

Old 06-28-2010, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by harounq21
it looks like a very nice stock 2000 S. Try to purchase a mesh grille and lower mesh grille to match. They will really give your front end a nice face lift. Be warned, the lower mesh grill is a pain to install. I would stay away from tints. Tints will throw it off. The stock radio has to go. You should get a nice 7 inch nav headunit up front. Brands to get include Eclipse, Kenwood, or Pioneer. Stay away from pyle, boss, jvc, clarion, alpine. These brands are low end and/or limited in selection. If you get HIDs, make sure they are Phillips OSRAM or M-TEC. Change the lighting too. You can swap out your turn signals. 3357 up front and 7507 in the rears. These are currently yellow colored bulbs. Do yourself a favor and get the chromed out versions. They have a very clean look. Stay away from chrome pillars or covers. Also stay away from those buick fender vents.
This is just a start. I mean the above is only my opinion. You don't have to agree, but you can see my vision of a modified 2000 S-Type with out ruining it to look tacky.

I like your thinking ,will the 7 inch nav head unit up front still allow the steering wheel controls to work? I love the convenience of the controls on the wheel.

Old 06-28-2010, 01:14 PM

I think I might start with the 7 inch nav unit and do away with the stock. I also wonder will the cd changer work that is in the glove box?

Old 06-28-2010, 04:37 PM

ok.... first, the steering wheel controls will continue to work only if you get a module. The module can be purchased at www.pac-audio.com. Second, after my double din was installed professionally, i lost use of the 6 cd changer.

Old 06-28-2010, 05:40 PM

ok.... first, the steering wheel controls will continue to work only if you get a module. The module can be purchased at www.pac-audio.com. Second, after my double din was installed professionally, i lost use of the 6 cd changer.

I guess I could live with that I would rather listen to xm or watch a movie while driving anyways lol.

Old 06-28-2010, 06:00 PM

ask any question you wish. it seems you are embarking on the same road i traveled on.

Old 06-29-2010, 11:16 AM

ask any question you wish. it seems you are embarking on the same road i traveled on.
Thanks, I am looking at putting in this here the link http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Pioneer+...ract_desc=null I want something for my ipod,dvds,and xm radio. What do you think? I am also going to have Best buy install it,and put that module in. I am going too talk to them tonight or tomorrow. What double din did you get put in?

Old 06-29-2010, 07:08 PM

umm... the link didn't work. But as a side note, don't use Best Buy for installs. The people there are not very good and aren't really properly certified. Take it to a mobile audio/video specialty store. There is usually a one on one interaction, and they will take care of you better than best buy techs. At best buy you might pay less, but things dont get put in right. Mom and pop mobile audio stores charge more, but they make sure they get it done right the first time.

Old 06-30-2010, 10:06 AM

I will take that into consideration,and let you know what I get thanks.

Old 06-30-2010, 10:43 AM
Veteran member
Received 194 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by ridininstyle
I guess I could live with that I would rather listen to xm or watch a movie while driving anyways lol.
Don't watch a movie and drive.... Or this may be you...

http://www.fox8.com/news/wjw-wadswor...,1633048.story

Quick Reply: mods