Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A Must Have for you STR boys!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2011, 10:33 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,715 Likes on 1,215 Posts
Default A Must Have for you STR boys!!

Looking for something special that will make you think you are going faster? Cheap add-on now available through Amazon

An absolute MUST HAVE!!!!!

Amazon.com: (2) Mirror Decals " OBJECTS IN MIRROR ARE LOSING" for JAGUAR X-TYPE S-TYPE XJ6 XJ8 XJR XJS XK8 XJ12: Automotive

(Nice find by member bob5attford, thanks Bob)

Old 04-15-2011, 10:45 AM
Veteran Member
Received 507 Likes on 259 Posts

LOL Rick,

This reminds me of the boy racer crowd that will pull up to some high powered car in traffic, floor it so the whole town can hear their weedwhacker exhaust, then come on the internet talking about they beat XZY car in their toyonisubishi... Meanwhile the guy driving the porsche was on the phone, sipping coffee and wondering where all the noise was coming from...

Take care,

George

Old 04-15-2011, 11:27 AM
Veteran member
Received 194 Likes on 170 Posts

Or boy racer with the huge fart can didn't expect the "gray haired" old man to actually punch it.... Then he slinks off to the right lane and exits in embarrassment the first chance he gets... Even funnier when his "girl" is with him....

Happens even more with my "chrome barge".. Only thing is the roar of the V8 in mine usually drowns out the "dying gnat" sound of his....

Old 04-15-2011, 11:32 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by JOsworth
Or boy racer with the huge fart can didn't expect the "gray haired" old man to actually punch it.... Then he slinks off to the right lane and exits in embarrassment the first chance he gets... Even funnier when his "girl" is with him....

Happens even more with my "chrome barge".. Only thing is the roar of the V8 in mine usually drowns out the "dying gnat" sound of his....
LOL... I'm going grey gracefully!

I think I made a guy in a civic cry once in the 500sl. With stock exhaust and everything else. I gave him 2 or 3 cars and then stabbed it from a roll - (what you have to do anyway with that car cause of the 2nd gear start, this way you can get it to kick down). You should have seen the glare he gave me at the next light....

Take care,

George

Old 04-15-2011, 12:34 PM
Veteran member
Received 251 Likes on 220 Posts

I swear I didn't buy one...

Old 04-15-2011, 02:12 PM
Veteran Member
Received 220 Likes on 203 Posts

Personally, I've always taken this approach ...

YouTube - What's Behind Me, It's Not Important

Originally Posted by joycesjag
Looking for something special that will make you think you are going faster? Cheap add-on now available through Amazon

Amazon.com: (2) Mirror Decals " OBJECTS IN MIRROR ARE LOSING" for JAGUAR X-TYPE S-TYPE XJ6 XJ8 XJR XJS XK8 XJ12: Automotive

Old 04-15-2011, 02:17 PM
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Couldn't help myself, for $4 I just bought them...

If anyone else likes charging their iPhone in their car, but doesn't like having to use some huge power inverter, I found the smallest usb power adapter ever. It's smaller than the lighter that's already in the socket! Tiny USB power adapter

Old 04-15-2011, 02:19 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,184 Likes on 1,624 Posts

Of course it's losing ... it's a freakin' tree

Old 04-15-2011, 02:27 PM

He could be driving in reverse and just hasn't past the tree yet

Old 04-15-2011, 04:43 PM
Veteran member

Originally Posted by Staatsof
Personally, I've always taken this approach ...
Awsome! Could it be??? Another "Gumball Rally" fan??? If you haven't read Brock Yate's book on the real Cannonball, it is a must read!

Old 04-15-2011, 05:37 PM
Veteran member
Received 251 Likes on 220 Posts

I had already picked up a set just for going out to the Texas Mile

Old 04-15-2011, 06:13 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by joycesjag

thats looks awesome lol

Old 04-15-2011, 06:52 PM
Veteran Member

Speaking of your chrome barge, this came around me cutting me off from the shoulder on R18 today Jeff... My first instinct was to laugh and shake my head then to think of you...

Notice the LIBERAL use of gold spray paint. The stock little wheels, the grille, ALL the window trim, the emblems, door handles, gas cap and some add on trim. He must have spent his whole welfare check at pep boys!

Take care,

George

Attached Thumbnails A Must Have for you STR boys!!-image.jpg  
Old 04-15-2011, 08:50 PM
Veteran Member
Received 217 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael Star
I had already picked up a set just for going out to the Texas Mile

Nice it actually looks better seeing it on your car. The pic on Amazon doesn't do it justice. They should replace it with this pic and maybe they will sell more. I thought you would be able to see a box outline of the sticker like the amazon pic but yours looks like it is factory.

Old 04-16-2011, 03:54 AM
Veteran Member
Received 640 Likes on 442 Posts

LOL, cool item I think other jag owners can be interested at this item

Old 04-16-2011, 05:04 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Haha, they look like they came with the car, BUT, they wouldn't sell over here in Blighty, "win at all costs, but never boast, and always make excuses for the looser" That's the English way

Old 04-16-2011, 06:38 AM
Veteran member

Originally Posted by androulakis
Speaking of your chrome barge, this came around me cutting me off from the shoulder on R18 today Jeff... My first instinct was to laugh and shake my head then to think of you...

Notice the LIBERAL use of gold spray paint. The stock little wheels, the grille, ALL the window trim, the emblems, door handles, gas cap and some add on trim. He must have spent his whole welfare check at pep boys!

Take care,

George
Oy.... What can I say... Just to BEG AND PLEAD everyone to not lump me in with those bozo's that do crap like that to a perfectly good car.....

Last night two 20 somethings in a V6 Mustang were hell bent on following me down 271 on my way home. A couple of WOT passes to get around the Ohio left laners and they just sulked back into line...

Hey... Brake lights on Rt18.... Boy does that bring back memories! Yea, gotta love the jerks that play the shoulder game..Like they are really getting ahead...And where is a cop when you need one?

Old 04-16-2011, 07:11 AM
Veteran Member
Received 220 Likes on 203 Posts

Awsome! Could it be??? Another "Gumball Rally" fan??? If you haven't read Brock Yate's book on the real Cannonball, it is a must read!

I've seen it but only once so I don't count as fanatical

I'll have to check the book out!

My wife and I passed a Daytona spider just like that one at 161 mph once in our Infiniti Q45 during the Silver State Classic race and boy was that guy shocked! I guess he wasn't willing to go flat out but I was! A completely legal road race too!

Last edited by Staatsof; 04-16-2011 at 07:14 AM.
Old 04-16-2011, 05:28 PM
Veteran Member

Oy.... What can I say... Just to BEG AND PLEAD everyone to not lump me in with those bozo's that do crap like that to a perfectly good car.....

Last night two 20 somethings in a V6 Mustang were hell bent on following me down 271 on my way home. A couple of WOT passes to get around the Ohio left laners and they just sulked back into line...

Hey... Brake lights on Rt18.... Boy does that bring back memories! Yea, gotta love the jerks that play the shoulder game..Like they are really getting ahead...And where is a cop when you need one?
I was just messing with ya... Although this guy did need a serious beating. How can he park that car, get out, look at it and be proud of his accomplishments?

Did you hear what happened here yesterday? A black Bear of all things made its way onto the turnpike, and it shut down the turnpike for 4 hours while they chased it. Then it climbed a tree, and they had to bring in a hook and ladder truck to get to it, tranquilize it and get it down.

Hence traffic was an absolute nightmare all day.

Take care,

George

Old 04-21-2011, 11:58 AM

Got my stickers yesterday, stuck one on the driver's mirror. Attempted to put one on the passenger side but that old "objects in the mirror" text is already etched into it. Doesn't look like I can do anything about it, so now I'm mad my mirrors don't match!

Quick Reply: A Must Have for you STR boys!!