Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My 1st question/problem.

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2012, 01:23 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default My 1st question/problem.

Hi all, go easy on me im new on here!

After just getting my 2nd Jag (after 5 year gap), i found its a.c does not work and its coolant radiator is leaking.
My question is can the ac condenser be removed without removing coolant rad?
Also i can't get a pic on the TV?

Its a late 2002 3.0 auto.

Thanks Simon.h

Old 03-17-2012, 03:09 AM

Well thats a great start!

Posted over 12hrs ago and no answers!

Old 03-17-2012, 03:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can't help on your question, but most on here are over the pond. knoticed myself that they don't seam to answer you if your this side of the water. 90% of replys i get seam to be from this side of the water...

Old 03-17-2012, 03:56 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,533 Likes on 3,942 Posts

Originally Posted by Simon.h
Well thats a great start!

Posted over 12hrs ago and no answers!
People are unpaid volunteers. You could get JTIS and use it to answer your own question

I don't recall these things often failing but Search will tell you.

The following users liked this post:
joycesjag (03-17-2012)
Old 03-17-2012, 04:46 AM
Veteran member
Received 194 Likes on 170 Posts

Wow.. I started "multi-quoting" this thread and decided not to. I'll let the previous posters figure out for themselves where my comments are directed.

So, we only help US members???? Ask the guy in Australia working through bluetooth components.. or just recently the member in Finland dealing with surging.... If we can help, we do. We can only help, however, those that are willing to help themselves. We are not oracles, but people that share a passion for the cars and doing our own work. Like anything else, you get what you put in. I'm not a mind reader, nor is anyone else here. Do you expect us to turn your wrenches as well? Well, we actually do that, read more on here. Why?? See the comment above. This forum is by far the best I've seen. Heck, I still get answers in a round about way regarding my Chrysler. More than I get from a forum dedicated to my car.... I myself have offered to talk with people local to me directly and help them out... Just never hear from them, so their problem, not mine. That though, is a different story..

Regarding the actual questions regarding repairs.. Are you saying the AC condenser is leaking or the radiator? From your post I can't tell... Again, I'm not the "O great oracle". If the radiator itself is leaking but you want to pull the condenser without fixing the radiator, that is a problem in itself. If it is the condenser that is leaking and you want to pull just it, like JagV8 stated, you are going to need a service manual. AC issues outside the DCCV and control module are very uncommon on here and there isn't a ton of experience tearing them down.

A blank TV screen... HUH?? Don't know of any Jaguar with factory TV. How do you get reception?? Maybe talk to a TV repair man....

See how silly that sounds... Wording and taking the time to adequately describe your issue in detail will also get you help. Describe what isn't working and what you've done so far to troubleshoot.

I'm guessing you are talking about either the accessory rear video system or the satellite navigation system in the dash. Probably need to further explain that one. Maybe try posting two separate, detailed threads to address two unrelated issues....

Man.. did I ever wake up on the wrong side of the bed.....

The following 3 users liked this post by JOsworth:
joycesjag (03-17-2012), Norri (03-17-2012), StypeRowner (03-19-2012)
Old 03-17-2012, 04:52 AM
Veteran Member

Heck if it's the sat nav then that's not TV!!

A Search on
blank

could be worthwhile.

Old 03-17-2012, 04:59 AM
Veteran member

Originally Posted by JagV8
Heck if it's the sat nav then that's not TV!!
I know... That was my point....

Old 03-17-2012, 05:16 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,703 Likes on 1,211 Posts

Originally Posted by JagV8
People are unpaid volunteers. You could get JTIS and use it to answer your own question

I don't recall these things often failing but Search will tell you.

and I for one thank you from "this side of the pond" for ALL of your unpaid responses!

Old 03-17-2012, 05:18 AM
Veteran Member

Thanks. Not even close to the FAQ repairs you've done, though!

Old 03-17-2012, 05:20 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by JOsworth
Wow.. I started "multi-quoting" this thread and decided not to.

Man.. did I ever wake up on the wrong side of the bed.....
Jeff I had multi quoted but I hit the wrong button and poof! So basically you summed up what I had lost. Thank you!

I woke up on the wrong side as well!

Old 03-17-2012, 05:26 AM
Veteran Member

After just getting my 2nd Jag (after 5 year gap), i found its a.c does not work and its coolant radiator is leaking.

Thanks Simon.h
According to alldatadiy, nothing is mentioned about the radiator coolant being drained and refilled. So I assume no it does not have to be removed to get the AC Condensor out.

"Also i can't get a pic on the TV?

I don't understand

Originally Posted by hersham boy
Can't help on your question, but most on here are over the pond. knoticed myself that they don't seam to answer you if your this side of the water. 90% of replys i get seam to be from this side of the water...
Most of the members here seem not to reply at all if they cannot help you out, why lead to more confussion to the OP?

I can assure you that the members here could careless what side of the pond(s) you hail from. All I have witnessed in my thousands upon thousands of reading different posts, are fellow Jaguar enthusiasts trying the best they can to help a fellow member out.

Hersham if something is brought up like "Nurburging", its possible that members here may not know what that is, and probably will never get a chance to pay their 15 Euros to drive on it, they move on, hense no replies. You have the Indy circuit, here in the states NASCAR has a huge following.

I also took the liberty to see what you have posted, for the most part its all been Europe related maybe thats why the responses to your threads seem to have more "over the pond" responses as well.

I found it, I just editted it down a bit since you beat me to the post

The following users liked this post:
Norri (03-17-2012)
Old 03-17-2012, 06:01 AM
Received 6,320 Likes on 5,507 Posts

I have to agree with Rick and Jeff.
Jeff was more eloquent than I may have been.
You need to consider the time difference also, many of the posters here are US based and mauy of them don't spend Friday night on the computer.

Old 03-18-2012, 03:55 AM

I have a JTIS on order!

I had a small hole in my coolant Radiator, i have just replaced this so all sorted!

The TV- right my Jag is a late 2002 u.k car (same as 2003 in USA), which has the touch screen Sat nav, phone in arm rest etc..
How in 'options' theres TV, but theres no pic (its the same as then your tv at home is not tuned in) if i press search it scans the frequency range but still comes back with no pic?

Old 03-18-2012, 05:46 AM
Veteran member

The TV- right my Jag is a late 2002 u.k car (same as 2003 in USA), which has the touch screen Sat nav, phone in arm rest etc..
How in 'options' theres TV, but theres no pic (its the same as then your tv at home is not tuned in) if i press search it scans the frequency range but still comes back with no pic?
Interesting, so you are saying that the Navigation system has a TV option? I really need you to take a quick picture of what you're talking about. You may be misunderstanding an option on the screen or you will end up showing me/us something we've not seen in the factory system before.

Please post up a picture of where you see TV as a menu option. Or the buttons you are pressing. Then we can go from there to help you out.

Old 03-18-2012, 06:21 AM
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Thanks Simon.h
You would be better asking this in the UK forum, the TV will be useless as it is not digital and from the manual
The TV tuner in the Switch and Display Unit provides TV viewing when the vehicle is stationary.
The TV picture is inhibited automatically when the vehicle is in motion.
With the TV function selected, but the picture inhibited, the TV sound continues to be available.
TV sound is provided through the audio system speakers.
Note: Television systems require consistent and strong signals for good
quality reception. These signals are affected by transmitter coverage and
surrounding features (hills, high buildings, trees etc.) which will reduce the signal, thus reducing picture quality.
Repositioning the vehicle may improve the picture whereas in difficult locations (distant transmitter, hills etc.) reception may not be possible at all. Sound quality may also be affected to a lesser degree by the above, which can give rise to variable quality over short distances while on the
move.

Old 03-18-2012, 06:24 AM

Hi, yes i will, but the battery is off the car, so will not be for a few weeks!

Ive just downloaded the wiring details for 'navigation system with tv' and it shows the car has 4 tv antenna amplifiers and 4 television antennas.

Old 03-18-2012, 07:52 AM
Veteran member

Hi, yes i will, but the battery is off the car, so will not be for a few weeks!

Ive just downloaded the wiring details for 'navigation system with tv' and it shows the car has 4 tv antenna amplifiers and 4 television antennas.
Wow, based on the last couple of posts, that is really neat... From what I'm guessing is broadcast TV in the UK switched to digital / HD like it did here in the US. I know people that still have older analog TV's in the US need to get a tuner box to be able to tune into the new digital channels. Sad that it may not work anymore in your car. That would be a really cool feature... Heck, I'd go out in the car when the kids were driving me nuts.....

Old 03-18-2012, 09:44 AM
Veteran Member

Hardly any have the feature so it's a rare build of the car!

Most of the UK now has no analogue (analog) TV so a STB (set top box) would be needed now. Most of those (here) are 240V AC but maybe they're available 12V (*) if you look, or if it has a power block (wall wart) at XXX volts you can look for a car-to-XXX volt adaptor. A bit of a pain to find somewhere sane to fit it all.

(*) but a car isn't 12V; more like 13.6-14V but van be 15+.

Old 03-18-2012, 09:50 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,383 Likes on 1,879 Posts

Thanks for posting! I had no idea you could get TV over the air on the NAV system. I have seen many hacks so you can watch DVD's while moving but not broadcast TV.

Still learning about the S Type!!