Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My new 2003 S Type R and help requested

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2014, 05:48 PM
Veteran Member
Received 507 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by tbird6
So what are going to use to operate the heating/AC?? You need more than the module. You need the factory non-navigation controls installed and you can only do that IF you DO NOT have factory navigation. You need this in the dash before you can replace the factory radio. . . .
Exactly.

You need the non nav a/c climate control panel. You need to revolve the entire nav center stack and replace it with a non nav ccm and the aftermarket radio of your choice.

The non nav ccm plugs right in once you run the wires back up to the dash from the rccm. Which you also remove.

So basically if you wish to go aftermarket:

You need to remove the factory nav screen with CD player. The remote climate control module, and the alpine amp. You can also remove the cd changer and navigation DVD drive as they are now also useless.

You need to source a non nav ccm
The aftermarket radio of your choice, and the proper metra dash kit. And at least a 4ch amp and two passive crossovers. A 5 channel amp will let you run the oem rear subs too.

This is the bare minimum to get the radio working and sound playing through the factory alpine speakers - which aren't that bad when properly powered.

Surprisingly, if you are willing to be enterprising and sell off all the OEM jag stuff on eBay etc you can do this for nearly nothing out of pocket.

Hope that clears things up.

George

The following users liked this post:
Jumpin' Jag Flash (01-17-2014)
Old 01-16-2014, 11:38 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Scrumpot
Your leaper is backwards!!

Other than that - and as others have already said: NICE LOOKING RIDE!!

Also as others have said, relative to adding the BT Module... Not all as just plug & go, as you would think, and personally, I would just skip that for either a portable kit or headset and be done with it.

Then... ENJOY your "new" Kitty!!!
SCORE!!!!!
Cheers,
-Grant
I noticed that when I picked it up it was at a BMW dealership so I don't think they really cared which way it was facing.

Yeah, it has not bothered me too much but I'm sure I'll start looking for a solution soon on the BT issue.

Thanks again for the comments.