S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Patience Is Gone - F* This Car!! - Limp Again "FIXED"

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2011, 09:23 PM
Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts

I've been out of the game for a minute, but Jason, tell me what you're drinking and I'll have it sent up to you (PM me your address). You sure earned your reputation on this one as I've been following the thread.

The following 2 users liked this post by Docuzzie:
AD105 (08-13-2011), phd12volt (08-10-2011)
Old 08-10-2011, 11:17 PM
Veteran Member
Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Docuzzie
I've been out of the game for a minute, but Jason, tell me what you're drinking and I'll have it sent up to you (PM me your address). You sure earned your reputation on this one as I've been following the thread.

thats my stuff right there..................ROFLMAO

anyway, that's not necessary. I just am hoping it stays good for him. I want nothing other than to know his car is being enjoyed by him. That's all i want to hear.

I think it is pretty ridiculous that he had to go through what he did, which i hope he wont have to go through anymore, i'm still sitting here with my fingers crossed.

Old 08-11-2011, 12:28 AM
Veteran Member

this thread has 2200 views??? WTH is going on??

Old 08-11-2011, 12:33 AM
Veteran member
Received 1,150 Likes on 753 Posts

weez like a good read, that's all With 5 pages, it naturally catches the attention of non-s-typers, heck, I came over here initially expecting to find flammage and insults being flung like poo in the monkey habitat at the zoo.

nice job, to everyone with contributions, hard work and diligence paid off.

Old 08-11-2011, 02:02 AM
Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts

T + 4 days, 30 miles, still ticking!

Last edited by bertrandgray; 08-11-2011 at 02:10 AM.
Old 08-11-2011, 06:20 AM
Received 6,307 Likes on 5,495 Posts

Originally Posted by phd12volt
It's better than Twitter. You are a Rockst*ar Jason.

Originally Posted by bertrandgray
T + 4 days, 30 miles, still ticking!

Old 08-11-2011, 07:44 AM
Veteran Member
Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Best thread ever.

Old 08-11-2011, 10:33 AM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

yeah... very interesting thread for sure..

Old 08-11-2011, 11:05 AM

You are going to love this!!!!!!!

After talking with the previous owner again, here is the shop that originally installed the remote starter:

Ziebart
(440) 439-3392
612 Broadway Ave
Cleveland,OH 4414641

Installer's name was Chuck. I went to the shop (calmly) to see if good ole "Chuck the F*ck" was still there. Hoping to get a glance at the worthless piece of horsefly excrement that has caused so much pain. Get this! ... He was fired about a year ago because of complaints on his installs! I proceeded to tell the owner of the epic nature of Chuck the F*ck's impact on my car, show him the dealership repair statements and the threads on this forum. He apologized for about 15 minutes and offered to detail, wax, and glaze my car for one year as many times as I want for free!

He offered to put a new remote starter in for free - I passed on that one!!!!!!!!!!

You just can't make up sh*t this good! It's like a soap opera ---"As the Jag Turns"

Last edited by bertrandgray; 08-11-2011 at 11:13 AM.
Old 08-11-2011, 11:19 AM
Received 43 Likes on 35 Posts

You just can't make up sh*t this good! It's like a soap opera ---"As the Jag Turns"

That's why the soap operas are getting cancelled. They can't make up the stuff that happens on reality TV!

Old 08-11-2011, 11:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Limp mode again this morning!!!!!!!

I decided not to continue the "Dealer Says New Tranny" thread because this will most likely be my final thread on this forum as I exit Jag ownership as quickly as I can.

I called Lucas at the dealership and told him what happened and after a lot of discussion; his best answer to "next steps" was to get rid of the car. Nothing gives you confidence like the dealership throwing in the towel! By the way, I could hear in Lucas' voice prior to his final answer the distinct subtle tone of, "Oh God, please don't bring that car back here!". While he was very polite, the message was received loud and clear. The only two other options he recommended (which were guesses at the solution) were: a new instrument pack $1500 plus installation (if it turns out not to be the problem - warranty won't pay and I have to eat the cost) or a new body harness at $5000-$7000 plus 28 hours of labor (not covered by warranty). Neither are an option at this point.

As I am not a person to give up without a personal fight. I intend to perform the following actions as a final effort to resolve the problem.

1) Locate, clean the mass air flow sensor - Dealer never said anything about it
2) Check all of the relays again (myself) to see that they are pushed in
3) Check for cracks in the belows from the air filter to the throttle body
4) Use "dry gas" and fill up from a different gas station (I do tend to use the same one)
5) Try Leedman's filter capacitor fix
6) Check as many connections as I can find and make sure they are tight and sealed

If none of these attempts fix the problem; I am making arrangements to part the car out. I have a friend that owns a small used car lot. I will park the car there and let people buy parts until it is gone. I will take great pleasure in using a sledge hammer on any pieces left. I will not be responsible for propogating the bile (appropriate reference for a green car) this car represents. Jaguar will never see another dime of my money or anyone I can persuade.

While I have had problems with cars before (nothing to this extreme) and know that some cars can be problematic, I never had a dealeship give up on a car before! Jaguar has provided me with a first and final impression. YMMV but perception is 100% reality when it happens to you. I will post my findings on each of the steps.
ok well i would suggest goining and pulling the codes and see if it has any. if so start with those. if nothing comes up pull the clip off of ur mass air flow tps and clean them really well. a friends xjr did that and it was dirty connections. reset the whole system with the battery disconnect. and start over idk if all maintence has been done like fuel filter plugs boots and just cleaning every connection you can find these are cheap things to check. i dont mean to sound insulting but have u checked all fluid levels including brake trans engine? hope something helps

Old 08-11-2011, 12:22 PM
Received 6,307 Likes on 5,495 Posts

He offered to put a new remote starter in for free - I passed on that one!!!!!!!!!!
I'll bet you didn't think about that for long.

Originally Posted by xjrdaddy
ok well i would suggest goining and pulling the codes and see if it has any. if so start with those. if nothing comes up pull the clip off of ur mass air flow tps and clean them really well. a friends xjr did that and it was dirty connections. reset the whole system with the battery disconnect. and start over idk if all maintence has been done like fuel filter plugs boots and just cleaning every connection you can find these are cheap things to check. i dont mean to sound insulting but have u checked all fluid levels including brake trans engine? hope something helps
Dad,
You didn't read the whole thread did you?

Old 08-11-2011, 12:41 PM
Veteran member
Received 194 Likes on 170 Posts

i dont mean to sound insulting but have u checked all fluid levels including brake trans engine? hope something helps
Umm..I too don't mean to sound insulting either, but have you read the thread? This little trip to Youngstown with some wire work from our bud Jason.... I know it's a long one, but worth the read...

Old 08-11-2011, 01:02 PM
Veteran member
Received 194 Likes on 170 Posts

He apologized for about 15 minutes and offered to detail, wax, and glaze my car for one year as many times as I want for free!

Old 08-11-2011, 01:47 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,231 Likes on 716 Posts

Originally Posted by phd12volt
Have you seen what is being reported in the news around the world lately?

No wonder folk are tuning in to read about a bunch of ordinary guys, doing something extraordinary, in helping each other out for no ulterior gain.

PS, someone let me know when I can uncross my various bits, and we can add FIXED to this thread.

Bertrand, I think I would pass on the detailing offer, I can just see that we will then need to bring in 'Detailing Dave' somewhere down the line to sort out the paintwork.

Old 08-11-2011, 02:36 PM

PS, someone let me know when I can uncross my various bits, and we can add FIXED to this thread.
I think I will declare victory sometime around 10-14 days. We have already exceeded the previous fail period, so I am asking myself that same question.

If it turns out that Jason's fix on Aug 6th ended the problem, I propose that it become a Jaguarforums holiday. Inde-limp-dence Day! We celebrate by singing praises to Jason, drinking Rockstar, and waving soldering irons in the air!

Last edited by bertrandgray; 08-11-2011 at 02:55 PM.
The following 5 users liked this post by bertrandgray:
Gus (08-11-2011), JOsworth (08-12-2011), ndy4eva (08-11-2011), Norri (08-11-2011), phd12volt (08-11-2011)
Old 08-11-2011, 03:01 PM
Veteran Member

now that is friggin funny bro............omg my side is hurting from laughing.........lol

The following users liked this post:
Gus (08-11-2011)
Old 08-11-2011, 03:32 PM
Gus
Veteran Member
Received 2,212 Likes on 1,702 Posts

Good trouble shooting Jason. Kudos to you!

Old 08-11-2011, 03:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JOsworth
Umm..I too don't mean to sound insulting either, but have you read the thread? This little trip to Youngstown with some wire work from our bud Jason.... I know it's a long one, but worth the read...
Originally Posted by norri
I'll bet you didn't think about that for long.

Dad,
You didn't read the whole thread did you?
no sorry i didnt realize that there was more to it i saw the intial post sorry new to this forrum stuff usually im talking face to face ill be sure to look at dates and thread lenghts

Old 08-11-2011, 03:48 PM
Veteran Member

no sorry i didnt realize that there was more to it i saw the intial post sorry new to this forrum stuff usually im talking face to face ill be sure to look at dates and thread lenghts
it happens to all of us, at one time or another. kudos to you for jumping in with ideas though!!!!!! This whole forum is like this, everyone is doing the best they can to help with peoples issues. It doesnt hurt to have others throw out ideas

Quick Reply: My Patience Is Gone - F* This Car!! - Limp Again "FIXED"