Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My S-type Tuned Burn out on custom 19" Vertini Riviera's

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2011, 07:03 PM
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default My S-type Tuned Burn out on custom 19" Vertini Riviera's

I was board at work so I just put them on and played in the back yard. This is before the exhaust.

Represent Rushwheels.com!!!!

‪rush exotic wheels burn out‬‏ - YouTube

Old 08-04-2011, 07:52 PM
Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts

I have never understood why someone would burn up a perfectly good set of tires. Enlighten me - please...

Old 08-04-2011, 08:01 PM
Banned

Because they were cheep and I work for a custom rim and tire company.
1 word "exposure" the younger crowed likes to see action.

Old 08-04-2011, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by catniped
1 word "exposure" the younger crowed likes to see action.
The next time I see a "younger crowed" I just might consider lighting 'em up...

Old 08-04-2011, 08:08 PM
Banned

There you go!!! Do it and send me a video. You have a bad *** car I'd love to see it.

Old 08-04-2011, 08:11 PM

There you go!!! Do it and send me a video. You have a bad *** car I'd love to see it.
Find yourself a comfortable chair - take a deep breath and hold it while I look for the ever elusive "crowed" - kay...

Old 08-04-2011, 08:32 PM
Banned

I don't want to argue with you. Thanks for your opinion. Have a nice day.

Old 08-04-2011, 09:15 PM

I'm pullin' your chain man...

I have been lookin' for the video of a little burnout in my 427 s/c cobra I did in 2003. A nice little roadster with a shelby all aluminum 427 with fuel injection modeled after the hilborn 8 shorty stacks. These folks are purists even tho' they all drive replicas - who can afford an original.

So I find myself at a cobra meet in California after trailering the cobra with the original 15" wheels it came with and a set of racked 17" wheels I preferred. Late in the afternoon of the second day we all met at a funky watering hole surrounded by a big parking lot. Consumed copious quantities of mind altering substances both liquid and otherwise when someone suggested a burnout contest. Blocked off the exits and let the fun begin. Now this little roadster was dynoed at 685hp with a TKO 5 speed.

Everyone had a go for the older "crowed" and I felt an obligation to contribute. My shifter had a front brake lock and I had the 15" wheels with a 335 tire on the rear so why not. I could care less about the 15" wheels and tires. So lock up the front brakes, smack the loud pedal and shift thru all five gears until a tire explodes.

Shortly thereafter the coppers show up to find a couple of dozen kneeled geezers surrounding the cobra bowing as if in a mosque paying their respects to the tire burning gods. The copper who showed up wanted to know who owned the three legged cobra now listing on burned rubber and aluminum shards. As I was about to announce my presence my good friend Jim who happened to be a Major on a local Police Department not that far away from the town we were terrorizing stepped in and took the copper aside and had a conversation. All was well and the games continued.

That was fun...

The following 2 users liked this post by searanch:
Panthro (05-01-2019), StypeRowner (08-08-2011)
Old 08-04-2011, 09:17 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was board at work so I just put them on and played in the back yard. This is before the exhaust.

I am out of this argument but it looks nice man, congrats.
lets all show some respect here guys (everyone does what they want to there cars)

P.s (This is coming from the younger crowd)

Old 08-04-2011, 09:21 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

catniped, what were the offsest of those wheels?

Old 08-05-2011, 06:10 AM
Banned

searanch: I would have killed to have been there munchin on fungus with your guys and seeing that. If there is a video of that that arises, PLEASE I HAVE TO SEE IT. I've only seen someone do that on a street bike (aka crotch rocket).

Old 08-05-2011, 07:25 AM
Veteran member
Received 194 Likes on 170 Posts

Umm... Just a little gentle hint...Not trying to "start" anything...

You probably won't find the "thumbs up" your looking for on this forum...Most of the people here are brand enthusiasts that either are looking to maintain their cars or subtly tune them up for better performance. Many don't garner much love for the "Tuner" scene. I've been on here quite a while and have seen quite a few threads like this go south....

I don't know what your expectation is of this site, but just don't want to see you get upset when you don't hear what you want to hear...

Just saying...

The following users liked this post:
joycesjag (08-05-2011)
Old 08-05-2011, 07:39 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,703 Likes on 1,211 Posts

Ah-men Jeff.

To the OP it is your vehicle and you are entitled to do as you wish.

I for one enjoyed the burnout vid, I can almost smell the rubberrrrrrr...........

(insert 1 nonexistent "sniff sniff" smiley) AAAHHHHhhhhhhhh

Old 08-05-2011, 08:37 AM
Received 43 Likes on 35 Posts

I'm with the do what you want with or to your car crowd. Never figured an S Type as a "tuner" car but to each their own. Heck I've seen 4WD MGBs so anythings possible.

I get a little hinky about burnouts though. Don't get me wrong, cause I've done plenty at the Drag Strip. Not so much doing them as where that bothers me. Local car show/cruise held every year here. For some reason it has become a tradition for about 1% of the particapants to do burnouts when leaving. One year I remember a Mustang doing donuts in the middle of the road with people lining both sides. I quit going because I didn't care to witness what I could imagine may happen. There were other times when debris was thrown up on other peoples cars.

Many years ago I attended a benifit bike run for a young woman injured in a bike crash. Someone was doing a burnout, lost control and shot into the bike she was passenger on. I heard they were trying to save her leg but never heard the outcome.

Not picking on the OP cause I can't tell from the Vid the actual surroundings. Just sharing my thoughts on Burnouts. We all like to show off but keep it safe.

BTW, I can do some great ones with the TR8 since it has a line lock. But at $110 a tire I save it for cleaning them off at the strip.

Old 08-05-2011, 12:30 PM
Banned

We'll there aren't many other forums out there for Jag's so unless you have a different suggestion. Here I am. If you guys are in need of replacement tires street or strip let me know. Thanks for the input guys.

Old 08-05-2011, 01:06 PM
Veteran member

We'll there aren't many other forums out there for Jag's so unless you have a different suggestion. Here I am. If you guys are in need of replacement tires street or strip let me know. Thanks for the input guys.
Great post... So many get turned off by the relative "mellow" nature of this forum. Yes, there aren't many other Jaguar forums out there, and to be honest, there aren't very many forums out there that are this helpful to owners who just love their cars.

So, we may not be able to help you figure out how to "pimp" out your car, or even provide words of encouragement, but you will find that this group of "good old enthusiasts" will go out of their way to help you figure out why something goofy is going on with your car....

So, stick around, feel us out, and I think you will find it a very cool place to hang... Heck, some of these folks have V8 Triumphs and Lambo's as their toys!

And, thanks for the "if you need tires" offer..We all need tires..... Hint Hint Hint...

Old 08-05-2011, 01:23 PM
Veteran Member
Received 43 Likes on 35 Posts

so lets have the facts, offset please? lip size?

Old 08-05-2011, 01:27 PM
Banned

JOsworth: I know this is kind of off topic from my original thread but my K&N intake cracked today so it's now getting to much air after the mass air flow censor and it's throughing off the trans. I want to get a new aftermarket one but all I could find is the Mina Gallery one. Is there anything better out there? I need to get it today. Also if you or anyone else has a solution to this problem let me know.

Old 08-05-2011, 02:51 PM
Veteran Member
Received 128 Likes on 122 Posts

I love the smell of molten rubber in the morning.

Cue Ride of the Valkyries......

Old 08-05-2011, 02:53 PM
Veteran member

JOsworth: I know this is kind of off topic from my original thread but my K&N intake cracked today so it's now getting to much air after the mass air flow censor and it's throughing off the trans. I want to get a new aftermarket one but all I could find is the Mina Gallery one. Is there anything better out there? I need to get it today. Also if you or anyone else has a solution to this problem let me know.
Try searching for an intake for a V8 Lincoln LS. Even though they call that engine a 3.9, it is in fact the Jaguar AJV8. They just played a little displacement trick on the consumer to differentiate the two.

So, I assume you have a K&N plastic intake tube? Do you have a picture? I've never seen one for the Jaguar V8. Honestly, I would look at a metal tube / cone filter set up. Even the factory rubber intake tubes are prone to crack, and trust me, these cars hate airflow issues! It gives the PCM a hissy fit! Check with a user "Mafioso". He has an intake tube set up for the R..I'm sure it wouldn't take much to get one set up for a naturally aspirated 4.0. Just whatever you get...Go metal! I have a metal tube AEM setup on the 300C. It works great!

Quick Reply: My S-type Tuned Burn out on custom 19" Vertini Riviera's