S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Wrecked 2005 STYPE R

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2011, 02:09 PM
Received 43 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Pushing_Tin
I dunno, the accident was almost a year ago, seem to me most legal issues would have been resolved already. Seems like a flake.

I was basing that on the statement that his license is gonna be junk for a few years over the accident. Only thing I can think of that does that would be multiple DUIs. That's why I sugested the best course would be to sell it as is. But I'd say he has left the building.

Old 07-03-2011, 07:32 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,702 Likes on 1,211 Posts

Originally Posted by Bodyman
But I'd say he has left the building.
Elvis?

Old 07-04-2011, 08:29 AM
Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts
Thumbs up Hey !!!

Originally Posted by joycesjag
Elvis?
I just spoke to him and he said:
"Thank you Very Much" LOL

Old 07-06-2011, 12:14 AM
Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

I don't know guys. My car didn't look nearly as bad as this one and it was a boarderline total. If there's suspension damage, that car is a total. The suspension parts on my car cost a fortune.

Old 07-07-2011, 04:03 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I bought my car from an auction in California, it was a junk car by California law. Had lots of undercarriage damage. I had to replace half of the front end (bumper, all of the radiators, front engine carrier, most of the control arms on passenger side of the car replaced) Now the car is in very good condition, just got it back from body shop, they fixed a few ding and painted. I live in Washington, I cant get the title until I take the car down to California to apply for a new title. CHP will have to inspect the car since its a rebuild for me to be able to apply for a new title. I am almost ready to drive it.

Old 07-07-2011, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by sivkov-y
I bought my car from an auction in California, it was a junk car by California law. Had lots of undercarriage damage. I had to replace half of the front end (bumper, all of the radiators, front engine carrier, most of the control arms on passenger side of the car replaced) Now the car is in very good condition, just got it back from body shop, they fixed a few ding and painted. I live in Washington, I cant get the title until I take the car down to California to apply for a new title. CHP will have to inspect the car since its a rebuild for me to be able to apply for a new title. I am almost ready to drive it.

I have done a lot of totals over the years and the title process has gone through a lot of phases here in PA. These days getting it legal can cost more than the parts to fix the car. We have an "enhanced inspection" procedure plus fees & taxes to the state. Hope it goes well for you.

Some people sneer at a car with a rebuilt title. Heck with Carfax a lot consider a car that even had an accident worthless. I always feel like I pulled something back from the brink of destruction. Weird but satisfying.. not to mention the savings in $$$.

Old 07-07-2011, 10:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if anyone wanted to buy this thing... How much am i looking to make off selling it?

Old 07-08-2011, 04:51 AM
Veteran member
Received 194 Likes on 170 Posts

Jim...... I smell another project????????

Old 07-08-2011, 06:34 AM
Veteran Member
Received 128 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by RuinedJAG
if anyone wanted to buy this thing... How much am i looking to make off selling it?
Give us more details about it first. Need to know mileage, interior condition, what all is bad on it.

As I stated before I'd be interested in some parts should you part it out.

Old 07-08-2011, 07:55 AM
Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

I'm interested in the air filter box if it's good... What is a good condition car of this year worth and how much damage is done to the car?

Old 07-08-2011, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by RuinedJAG

Miles, condition, interior, extent of damage, is there a clear title?

I paid $4900 for Laurie's 03 at auction with a salvage certificate. Light hit to the R Front. But this was a 20,000 mile car in pristine condition. A clear title would help yours but would be offset if the miles are up there and it needs lots of parts. Then again yours is an STR. Really need more details.

Old 07-08-2011, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by JOsworth
Jim...... I smell another project????????

LOL! I have a crunched 05 Grand Prix I bought that's up next. And I'm waiting on an upcoming auction for a sweet looking 99 Corvette Convertible. My color (Navy Blue) 6spd with 71 thou and looks like a fairly light hit. Runs & drives with no bags blown.

Actually I figured it would be sitting in the driveway by now. There was a descrepancy in the odo reading. The nitwits recorded the kilometers instead of miles. So the salvage certificate says 115495 instead of 71,000. I questioned Salvage Direct if that could be fixed. Ten minutes later they pulled the auction until they fix it. So I get to wait some more.

But for the OP, I'm always interested in a good deal.

Old 07-08-2011, 02:50 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Ruined Jag

If your STR is broken up for parts, I would be interested in as well. If you want to sell it as is..where is it so I can estimate the carriage fee. FYI A 03 STR, 65k nice body and interior with an overheated engine, did not sieze but the SC was a wreck, just sold near Nashville for 2,500, yes I was too late to the party..
Phil in Tenn

Old 07-08-2011, 04:28 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Bodyman
I have done a lot of totals over the years and the title process has gone through a lot of phases here in PA. These days getting it legal can cost more than the parts to fix the car. We have an "enhanced inspection" procedure plus fees & taxes to the state. Hope it goes well for you.

Some people sneer at a car with a rebuilt title. Heck with Carfax a lot consider a car that even had an accident worthless. I always feel like I pulled something back from the brink of destruction. Weird but satisfying.. not to mention the savings in $$$.
I got this car wrecked for $8K including action fees and transporting it from Cali to Washington. This car only has 23,500 miles on the clock. I restored this car for my use and wont be selling it any time soon. And for all the people out there that think a branded car title is junk, they are the ones that loose because there are very nice cars out there that have a branded title for half the cost of a clean title vehicle. In our house hold, we own 10 cars and every one has a branded title. Not one broke down or fell apart. We do most of the work at home.

Old 07-09-2011, 01:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bought it in phoenix arizona in 2008. bought it from a dentist, who traveled 80 miles to work and 80 miles back home every day.. When i got the car it had 138,000 miles on it. lots of easy highway miles on it. It has somewhere near 159,000 on it now. The guy drove on average 45,000 miles a year on it when he bought it in 2005 for 3 years to bring that total to 138,000 by 2008. It was in perfect condition when i bought it.

Damage is needs 3 doors replaced, back end damage by gas lid. one tail light out.
interior damage is the rear view mirror is ripped out, along with a good portion of the fabric on ceiling which is also ripped in half, which was from me getting pissed and ripping the cord to mirror out which ripped fabric back past the sunroof, that can be fixed up. front end damage is limited to just some junk falling out from under the engine, mainly just coverings, that cover the engine and transmission.... and im guessing its a simple oil plug missing. wont hold oil... the car started up fine after all this happened and ran... there is no suspension damage other then one swing bar or something lose in front, i guess its a stabilizer or something would be my guess..... overall the hood is in ok conditions, the top of the car on outside has no indentations, neither does the trunk door,,,,,,,, thats just a rough estimate of the damage,,,, with three new doors on this , some minor repairs on front end to replace covers underneath and new tail light, i think its in not too bad of a condition, could be alot worse..... but i wanna try to sell it.....
what would the supercharger be worth if it were removed from the engine?

Old 07-09-2011, 04:48 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,524 Likes on 3,935 Posts

I've seen them listed several times but not sell. I'd maybe sell the car whole.

Old 07-09-2011, 07:08 AM

I agree. Unless you have a place to dismantle it and lots of time to fool around selling pieces, it would be simpler to just unload the whole thing. Unfortunately I doubt anyone is going to be interested in rebuilding one with that many miles. Probably a lot of valuable parts but it's hard for an individual to market and sell them. Maybe try putting it on Craigs for best offer and see what you get.

Old 07-09-2011, 08:23 AM
Veteran Member
Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

ill bid 2 grand for it.whole car, as it sits and rusts away. sight unseen. cash

Old 07-10-2011, 06:07 AM
Veteran Member
Received 128 Likes on 122 Posts

Oh what do you have up your sleeve Jason?

Old 07-10-2011, 09:22 AM
Veteran Member
Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by The Chris X
Oh what do you have up your sleeve Jason?
nothing yet, i have 2 grand cash ill give him. i have a flat bed on standby, and i cleaned out the garage already. it will be my winter project.

Quick Reply: My Wrecked 2005 STYPE R