Sponsored by:

Mystery Connector on '02 V6 Radiator Shroud

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2016, 10:59 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,033 Likes on 1,436 Posts
Default Mystery Connector on '02 V6 Radiator Shroud

Greetings All,

Can anybody please help me identify this mystery connector? The picture is on my '02 V6, looking towards the right from the US driver's side fender. It's on the backside of the radiator shroud at the top, a few inches inboard of the AC receiver/dryer:

I just reinstalled the radiator shroud after replacing the fan motor. It took over 10 days for the part to get here, so the car has been apart since then. I was wracking my brain, looking all over for a mating connector but I couldn't find anything. The 10 day lag time didn't help with the old memory. Looking closely at the connector, it appeared quite dirty inside, as if nothing had ever been connected there on my car.

To get another fan motor, I had to purchase a used shroud assembly. The donor car was a V8, I think. The junkyard didn't disconnect the harness, they just snipped it. Looking at the V8 donor shroud, there was a single heavy red/black wire that had been cut. Could this have been for the aux coolant pump, found only on V8 models?

I just want to be sure I didn't miss anything while putting everything back together today. No codes, engine ran fine, no more overheating issues, blah, blah, blah.

Thanks.

Old 03-26-2016, 06:25 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,033 Likes on 1,436 Posts
Default As Emily Latilla Would Say...

Never mind. I answered my own question. It's part of the circuit feeding the fan. The mating connector had fallen down during the shroud removal and was wedged behind the antiskid module. It was too cool last night on my test drive for the fan to kick on, but today was warm enough. Problem solved.