S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mystery hose and connection.

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2016, 12:20 PM
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Mystery hose and connection.

This hose is ripped in half further along the picture. Dont know where it is supposed to connect to. It has a bolt screwed into it i assume to stop whatever leaking out.

This is a mystery connection. No clue what it goes to.

If anyone could help me out on these. As I've stated in the pictures there is a hose underneath ripped in half and rigged up. I have no clue where it was supposed to lead to. Also the mystery connector.... Idk what to even say about it. Its there, nothing is connected to it, what is it? I'm only getting one code for an o2 sensor so not im at a loss for what these are.

I know there is a lot of oil and grime under the car, I am slowly trying to remedy all of the problems. Its getting a new oil pan gasket as I type. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. TYIA!

Old 09-19-2016, 07:00 PM
Received 1,425 Likes on 1,067 Posts

Originally Posted by Benji999

This hose is ripped in half further along the picture. Dont know where it is supposed to connect to. It has a bolt screwed into it i assume to stop whatever leaking out.

This is a mystery connection. No clue what it goes to.

If anyone could help me out on these. As I've stated in the pictures there is a hose underneath ripped in half and rigged up. I have no clue where it was supposed to lead to. Also the mystery connector.... Idk what to even say about it. Its there, nothing is connected to it, what is it? I'm only getting one code for an o2 sensor so not im at a loss for what these are.

I know there is a lot of oil and grime under the car, I am slowly trying to remedy all of the problems. Its getting a new oil pan gasket as I type. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. TYIA!
That connector looks to be for your power steering. The hose could be your power steering return.

Check your reservoir for power steering. Is it full? If not, there's your problem. Could also explain your oil and grime.

You should find the harness and reconnect into that switch.

Another thought... That could be a vent tube of some sort... But regardless shouldn't have a bolt in it... Not factory I assure you..

The following users liked this post:
Jumpin' Jag Flash (09-20-2016)