S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need another help. seems like i got a lemon now

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2011, 09:22 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,642 Likes on 1,068 Posts

and to the members here from DALLAS TX where is the best place to get jaguar serviced?
the dealer I keep talking about is Park Place Jaguar.
I guess there are those out there who recognize some geographic North/South line West of which there is no Dallas, only Ft. Worth...but since your location is OK, I'll assume you've just targeted the DFW Metroplex as the nearest likely place for good Jag service:

+2 to George, the best place is at home, be it around Dallas or otherwise, and I'd add don't limit the concept to your car, home projects are an excellent opportunity to acquire neat and useful tools! But sometimes the problem exceeds either our capabilities, our toolset, our threshold of pain, or some combination thereof. For me, that means a (short)trip to see Motorcarman. He's located NW of FTW and if you're coming down from the North, DFW traffic should not be an issue. PM him through the forum and discuss what you need done and when. He has the Jag WDS, dealership experience, and knows Jags inside-n-out. No loaner cars, as far as I know, though.

I've never dealt with Park Place, just not a convenient location for me. I've used Autobahn Jaguar in FTW for parts and Joe at the parts desk is fantastic to deal with. (make sure you have VIN handy when you call) Only service I've ever had performed there was to buy/program an extra key (both S-types acquired used with one key only) Nice waiting area if you get tired of drooling on the new cars in the showroom, has a free wireless connection and complimentary beverages/snacks.

JagMac Jaguar Texas - Ian/Russell McInroy 2320 Merrell Road, Dallas.
I had them replace the headliner in the 2003, a bit pricey, even though <1/3 the cost of dealership quotes, but excellent service, lots of Jag knowlege and have seen/heard good things about 'em.

The following users liked this post:
somedude (01-09-2011)
Old 01-09-2011, 09:48 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,533 Likes on 3,942 Posts

Where's Brutal based? He might be near enough and sure knows the car.

Old 01-09-2011, 10:03 AM
Veteran Member

Good point, V8. No disrespect intended. Seems like he is somewhere around the metroplex, here. Great posts with loads of info. I haven't met him nor had any service performed by him - was just relating personal experiences I've had in the area.

Old 01-09-2011, 10:19 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,533 Likes on 3,942 Posts

No worries. I didn't mean he's the only one to consider but he's on the list.

Old 01-09-2011, 10:20 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,379 Likes on 1,876 Posts

Brutal is based in Houston. I won't say which dealer but if Brutal sees this he can respond if needed. I have met Bill personally and am very grateful for a wonderful factory tech that helps us out on this forum!!

Brutal's work/suggestions has saved me a pile of cash!!

aholbro1 (01-09-2011)
Old 01-09-2011, 10:29 AM
Veteran Member

Another 4 or 5 hours South then. Sorry, remembered he was in TX...for some reason I had Grand Prarie in mind. Just too lazy this morning to look up one of his posts and check location.

I wish I'd discovered Brutal (and this forum) before I effected a headlight fix on the 2003. Wouldn't have saved me any $$ but several hours labor!! I may yet convert to his fix at a later date.

Old 01-09-2011, 11:36 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,231 Likes on 716 Posts

Well I can only add another +++ to everyone's comments and if you guys have direct access to Motorcarman and Brutal's or any of the forum Tech's business premises, you know you will be in safe hands.

You lucky so and so's. LOL

Old 01-10-2011, 09:18 PM
Veteran Member
Received 43 Likes on 35 Posts

I'm in Dallas and don't mind helping to my abilities. I've learned my way around the s-type pretty well.

somedude (01-11-2011)
Old 01-11-2011, 07:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mafioso
I'm in Dallas and don't mind helping to my abilities. I've learned my way around the s-type pretty well.
i would love if anyone could tell me about the vibration that i am getting, thats one thing that i am very ticked with, also the door mirror rattling too.

Originally Posted by Everybody
thank you everyone for helping me out

Old 01-11-2011, 09:31 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,703 Likes on 1,211 Posts

Originally Posted by somedude
i would love if anyone could tell me about the vibration that i am getting, thats one thing that i am very ticked with, also the door mirror rattling too.

somedude, it still would help us to help you if you put your car details in your signature!

As far as vibration, due to miles(?) could be front end parts, bushings (which are known to go bad), rotors maybe warped, wheel bearings etc... I know you posted it only happens occasionally, but its hard to diagnose sitting in my arm chair 1500 miles away from the vehicle. Especially if you yourself cannot jack up the vehicle and move things around and do a general looksie at everything and report back to us.

As far as your mirror rattling, I don't understand why "they" are quoting you $1200.00 for new mirrors, without removing the inner door skin (relatively easy, if you had tools) and just tightening them up. Seems like a simple fix to me!

somedude (01-12-2011)
Old 01-11-2011, 10:41 AM
Veteran Member
Received 506 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by joycesjag
somedude, it still would help us to help you if you put your car details in your signature!

As far as vibration, due to miles(?) could be front end parts, bushings (which are known to go bad), rotors maybe warped, wheel bearings etc... I know you posted it only happens occasionally, but its hard to diagnose sitting in my arm chair 1500 miles away from the vehicle. Especially if you yourself cannot jack up the vehicle and move things around and do a general looksie at everything and report back to us.

As far as your mirror rattling, I don't understand why "they" are quoting you $1200.00 for new mirrors, without removing the inner door skin (relatively easy, if you had tools) and just tightening them up. Seems like a simple fix to me!
I can post step by step on the door panel removal to check the mirror. You need a couple phillips screwdrivers, a panel puller tool, and a 10mm socket to tighten the mirror.

Takes about 20 mins a side.

George

somedude (01-12-2011)
Old 01-12-2011, 07:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

probably this weekend i will go to a general mechanic and let them jack the car up and try to move the wheels and see if its the bushing or anything. bust as far as my experience goes i still think its rotors because it never happens if the brake is applied while in park or neutral.

Old 01-12-2011, 09:38 AM
Veteran Member

probably this weekend i will go to a general mechanic and let them jack the car up and try to move the wheels and see if its the bushing or anything. bust as far as my experience goes i still think its rotors because it never happens if the brake is applied while in park or neutral.

STOP.

For the price you're gonna pay for the car to go on a lift, you can buy the floor jack and jack stands you're going to need to lift it yourself. Which you will use time and time again.

Do you have a flat surface, inside, or driveway, street etc to work??

The vibration in the steering when braking sounds like rotors out of round. BUT what do you mean about the when in D or Neutral and still the steering vibrates. Oh and PLEASE tell us the year and model of this S-Type.

Take care,

George

Old 01-12-2011, 11:38 AM
Veteran Member
Received 43 Likes on 35 Posts

ok so you have an 2005 S Type base, had any recent work done to the suspension?

brake change?
Alignment?

when was the last time the brakes were done?
If you just purchased the car.
Change the pads and rotors ASAP,

If the steering wheel is vibrating at idle, it could be a rack bushing, motor mount, tranny mount.

Place a cup of water almost full in your cup holder and firmly apply the brakes while in gear and look for vibrations in the water.

If you get no vibrations except when in gear (doesnt matter which one) you need to check tranny mounts.

vibrations in the cabin all the time, motor mounts.

vibrations while braking, out of round wheels, rotors or assorted suspension components.

troubleshooting is a process of eliminimation.
Its easy to figure out what it isnt and go from there.

Old 01-12-2011, 12:16 PM
Received 2,263 Likes on 1,845 Posts

i still think its rotors because it never happens if the brake is applied while in park or neutral.
If you're applying the brakes while in park, I presume you've brought the car to halt first.

If so, I can assure you that the vibration has nothing to do with the brakes.

Old 01-12-2011, 01:33 PM
Veteran Member

ok so you have an 2005 S Type base

crystal ball?

Old 01-12-2011, 02:43 PM
Received 2,263 Likes on 1,845 Posts

its a 05 SType base model. .
ok so you have an 2005 S Type base,
crystal ball?
Had to look waaaaaaaaay up top.

Old 01-12-2011, 03:18 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Mikey
So the crystal ball turns into a scroll bar eh?

George

Old 01-12-2011, 03:53 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Mikey

hmmm I swear I am an idiot, BLIND idiot!

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=48363

Originally Posted by androulakis
So the crystal ball turns into a scroll bar eh?

George

Thanks George!!!

Old 01-12-2011, 03:56 PM
Veteran Member

hmmm I swear I am an idiot, BLIND idiot!

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=48363

Thanks George!!!
No problem I owe you a cigar in the man cave (as long as you promise to not show up in your bathrobe) LOL!

Quick Reply: need another help. seems like i got a lemon now