S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need to drive with the high beams on

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 02:09 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Need to drive with the high beams on

It sounds like the self leveling function may not be working. I would have the dealer check it out. Mine pointed down when I got my car and I had them adjust them, Then after taking it to another dealer and having some codes cleared the self leveling function started working when it never did before.

Old 10-16-2007, 11:37 AM

Thanks ! What are you driving? how about some pics!

Old 10-17-2007, 10:56 AM

Mine adjust everytime I start the car. They didn't work at first but after taking it in for unrelated issues and having some fault codes cleared they started working. Before the self leveling feature started working I did have the dealer adjust them and they were fine. before that they pionted way down low.

Old 10-17-2007, 01:15 PM

I don't know what the code was. Before mine worked correctly at least they were level once the dealer adjusted them. Now they are at the same height but they reset everytime. After it drops it should come right back up.

Old 10-17-2007, 02:04 PM

You just need to resize the pic.

Old 10-17-2007, 08:59 PM

Great thread. My headlights recently started poining too low as well. Someone told me to fix the self leveling the front end had to be removed and it was very expensive. I'm glad to hear that it may be solved more easily. I don't like the dealer, but perhaps I'll take it there anyway.

Old 10-23-2007, 02:13 AM

Personally I could do without this self leveling feature. Mine didn't work, yours doesn't work, his doesn't work, I would rather have the beams aimed and thats it. I can see them being future trouble and very expensive to repair. If mine go bad again I will try to find a way to aim them and forget the self leveling. The dealer did it before the feature started to work!!

Old 10-26-2007, 11:29 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Lalopez, I have an idea!

These lights have small motors which moves the light as per the sensors directions. You can try starting the car and when it goes up, just unplug it so the light stays there, and ask a decent auto electrician to cut the power to that motor so its stays their and dont react to sensors, and u can still manually adjust them as per your desire.

Look here
http://www.styperregistry.com/JagFor...p?TOPIC_ID=147

The member cbomb mentioned aboutthe dealer dont want to put the sensors back on!! (So it means that you can do that also)

Here is another website with some info (not that much)

http://www.thelurch.com/steering.htm

Old 01-09-2008, 06:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: jagxtypeboy

This is my first Jag. I got me a 04 X-Type 3.0 Sport with a Select Editon package. So I went to the local *********** here in Chicago, bc my xenons wereaiming down. They diagnosed the problem, saying it would cost me $900 to fix, bc they need some computer codes, and need new sensors, rods, and lines, and motors inside of each headlight so they can function. They charged me 2 diagnostic fees of $150 each, which was $300 in diagnostic charges, plus they say $900 to fix. I was like they are crazy, so I told them I wasnt paying a dime, since my car has warranty on it. So the guy left my keys on the table, and told his manager, I took my car keys and left without paying the $300 bill. Jaguars ***********s, are a rip-off. So its time to rip them off. The service advisor called me and says he was going to call the police if I dont bring my car backlol. I told him go right ahead.

LOL...does Jaguar have an 1-800# that we call to let Jaguar Headquarters know not only alert them of this problem, but aslo the treatment y'all are reciving from your local Jaguar Dealer's?

Quick Reply: Need to drive with the high beams on