S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need oil cooler lines

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2010, 07:01 PM
Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts
Default Need oil cooler lines

So my STR is at the shop waiting for the throttle body to return from its rebuild. In the meantime it is getting new two new belts and the valve cover gaskets replaced. Unfortunately one of the oil cooler hoses is also leaking and I want to replace both of them while the car is there and apart. He's quoting $158 each, so I thought I'd look around and see if I can find a better price. I tried to find a part number but was unsuccessful. Can somebody find me a part number and perhaps a place with a better price? TIA!

Old 12-15-2010, 02:36 AM

Bueller? Anyone?

Old 12-16-2010, 01:25 AM

Okay after much searching (on my own) I got both hoses from Gaudin Jaguar for about $145 shipped! Mark Jiminez was very helpful and gave me a great deal. The part number I was given was C2Z11606. Perhaps this will help somebody else in the future.

Old 12-16-2010, 02:47 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,527 Likes on 3,937 Posts

I have no idea which of the many hoses they are. Photos or failing those then very precise wording would be needed for me to go looking and I reckon others were the same but just didn't have the time to say so.

Old 12-16-2010, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by jagv8
I have no idea which of the many hoses they are. Photos or failing those then very precise wording would be needed for me to go looking and I reckon others were the same but just didn't have the time to say so.

I was told there is only a left and a right and I bought both.

Old 12-21-2010, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by Pushing_Tin
Okay after much searching (on my own) I got both hoses from Gaudin Jaguar for about $145 shipped! Mark Jiminez was very helpful and gave me a great deal. The part number I was given was C2Z11606. Perhaps this will help somebody else in the future.

I have to update this. I was sent transmission lines instead of engine oil cooler lines. Very frustrated as my car will now have to wait a few more days at the shop for the correct parts.

Old 12-23-2010, 01:38 AM

Apparently this is my own personal thread, but in case anybody is wondering Gaudin Jaguar apololgized for the mistake and offered to pay the difference if I ordered the parts elsewhere. I still will have to wait until after christmas to get my car back due to shipping times.

Old 12-23-2010, 11:55 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have used these online jag sources to get the parts need. Both have an online collision catalog that the customer can search with a picture part breakdown.

jaguarparts.com and jaguarpartscenter.com

Old 12-24-2010, 12:44 AM

Originally Posted by sivkov-y
I have used these online jag sources to get the parts need. Both have an online collision catalog that the customer can search with a picture part breakdown.

I got a quote from about 6 places with Gaudin being the cheapest, but of course that was because they were quoting me for transmission lines.

Old 12-24-2010, 02:02 AM
Veteran Member

I don't recall anyone else needing engine oil cooler lines, and from the sounds of it the parts suppliers were caught the same way.

Old 12-24-2010, 02:11 AM

I got my oil cooler lines from jaguarpartscenter.com One side was $51.35 and the other was $52.34

Old 12-24-2010, 02:13 AM

I don't recall anyone else needing engine oil cooler lines, and from the sounds of it the parts suppliers were caught the same way.
This was the picture my mechanic sent to me.

Old 12-24-2010, 02:27 AM

I got my oil cooler lines from jaguarpartscenter.com One side was $51.35 and the other was $52.34
The Jaguar dealer in Portland, the nearest actual dealer to me wanted about $150 EACH!

Old 12-24-2010, 04:32 AM
Veteran Member

Was that for your 2006 STR? Any thoughts as to why they'd failed so soon?

Old 12-24-2010, 07:48 AM
Veteran member
Received 194 Likes on 170 Posts

Jaguarparts.com is actually Jaguar Cleveland (my dealer). They are a great bunch but don't forget a sponsor of this site, Nalley Jaguar. Their prices are the same as Jaguar Cleveland or cheaper...Plus for a relatively low threshold they ship for free. I honestly spread my purchases between both in an effort to support my good local dealer and a really great sponsor on this site...

Old 12-24-2010, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by Pushing_Tin
The Jaguar dealer in Portland, the nearest actual dealer to me wanted about $150 EACH!

Monte Shelton Jaguar in Portland OR is not a good place for your parts needs. The owner of the dealership owns a racing team, both the dad and the son race. They dont make their money on selling cars, most of the money this dealer makes comes from selling parts at a very high markup. I used this dealer a few times for my older 97 xj6L and dont hink I will ever use those guys for my never car.

Old 12-24-2010, 03:10 PM

Was that for your 2006 STR? Any thoughts as to why they'd failed so soon?
I bought this jagur from Copart. It was a wreck that came from Van Nuys CA. Most of the demage was done to the front undercarreage. Oil lines where destroyed, upper oilpan and oil filter housing were cracked. Part of the harmonic balancer was demaged as well when the frong engine carrier buckled from the initial impact. All of the radiators (engine, ac, and supercharger) had to be replaced. I am almost done with getting the car up and running. I actually started the motor a few weeks ago to see If there will be any problems, and everything went pretty well. So I am happy with the motor being in good shape after the accident it went trough.

Old 12-24-2010, 03:15 PM
Veteran Member

Wow! Good luck.

Old 12-24-2010, 03:22 PM

I am now working on the rear of the car. It was a lot less demage then the front did. I just need to replace the lower control arm and the axle shaft assembly on the passinger side. And a new rear wheel for the same side since the old one was destroyed. While I am at it, today I am going to pull the rear dampners and fit them with the shorter H&R springs. And to everyone have a Very Marry Christmas.

Old 12-24-2010, 04:37 PM

Monte Shelton Jaguar in Portland OR is not a good place for your parts needs. The owner of the dealership owns a racing team, both the dad and the son race. They dont make their money on selling cars, most of the money this dealer makes comes from selling parts at a very high markup. I used this dealer a few times for my older 97 xj6L and dont hink I will ever use those guys for my never car.
I agree, I understand that they have employees to pay and bills to pay, but give me a break! The prices they are charging is frankly insulting and disgusting.

Quick Reply: Need oil cooler lines