S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need oil cooler lines

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2010, 10:00 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Pushing_Tin
I agree, I understand that they have employees to pay and bills to pay, but give me a break! The prices they are charging is frankly insulting and disgusting.
When I first got my 97 jaguar I had no choice but to take it to them. It had a bad ECM. When I talked to Monte Shelton Jaguar parts department, they told me that they can get the ECM for $3500, and this was with a $1000 dollar discount. In the end I found a used ECM from a wreker in Mobile AL for $325 with shipping. I did some research on this dealer, talked to a few local service shops that deal with European cars/parts. A lot of them stay away and don't recommend going to the dealer unless its the very last option.

Old 12-24-2010, 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by JOsworth
Jaguarparts.com is actually Jaguar Cleveland (my dealer). They are a great bunch but don't forget a sponsor of this site, Nalley Jaguar. Their prices are the same as Jaguar Cleveland or cheaper...Plus for a relatively low threshold they ship for free. I honestly spread my purchases between both in an effort to support my good local dealer and a really great sponsor on this site...

JOsworth I just figured out that I need a new passenger side shock absorber. I looked it up at jaguarpartscenter.com and they want $213.84 How do I go about Nalley Jaguar, do I have to call them for part number and price? I don't really see an option on the site for a parts catalog.

Old 12-25-2010, 03:24 AM
Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by sivkov-y
When I first got my 97 jaguar I had no choice but to take it to them. It had a bad ECM. When I talked to Monte Shelton Jaguar parts department, they told me that they can get the ECM for $3500, and this was with a $1000 dollar discount. In the end I found a used ECM from a wreker in Mobile AL for $325 with shipping. I did some research on this dealer, talked to a few local service shops that deal with European cars/parts. A lot of them stay away and don't recommend going to the dealer unless its the very last option.

Wow that's crazy!! I wonder which clown comes up with those prices. Not sure if you saw my thread about my throttle body, but I sent it off to these guys and had it rebuilt. They can rebuild or fix just about anything for a good price and lifetime warranty.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JAGUA...item588aae4fc3

Old 12-25-2010, 09:24 AM
Veteran Member
Received 220 Likes on 203 Posts

How about posting a regular link (non Ebay) to that company.
That maybe should end in the FAQ set?

Old 12-25-2010, 07:48 PM
Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Staatsof
How about posting a regular link (non Ebay) to that company.
That maybe should end in the FAQ set?
http://www.autoecu.com/

F A Q

Q: I just tried a search for a rebuild service or controller on your website and did not find what I was looking for?
A: We are continuously updating our website. If you do not find your part or rebuild service offered please send an email to tech@autoecu.com or complete our Inquiry page, someone will respond within 24 hours or sooner, or you can click on our live help icon on our Home page and send a message.

Q: What Makes and Models do you rebuild?

A: Domestic and Foreign - We have the ability to test and repair most makes and models in the market today, including: All: Asian, European, and Domestic. Exotic, Industrial Equipment, Yachts, Pleasure Crafts, Service Vehicles, Motor Cycles, Hybrid Vehicle Electronics, etc. Please call for further information 1-866-983-6688.

Q: Are your Prices Competitive?

A: Yes, our prices are very competitive ate@autoecu.com

Q: Do you offer a refund?
A: Yes, Prior to refund approval, we reserve the right to either rebuild, repair or replace the controller at our descretion. We have superior Quality and Service, and an Outstanding Warranty with each controller rebuilt. Please search our Warranty Statement page within our website.

Q: How do I know when my part has been shipped back to me?
A: When you received our R&R form and sent your controller to us, we copied all info you sent from the R&R form into our database system, from the time you ship your part until the time we return ship your part is able to be tracked, When we ship your part using UPS, you automatically will receive an email from UPS with all tracking information and estimated time of arrival.
We can only submit this information to you automatically if you had supplied an email address. Or you can call us toll free 1-866-983-6688 to request your tracking info.

Q: Do you offer a warranty on rebuilt controllers?
A: Yes, all rebuilt controller’s come with a long-term warranty. Please search our Warranty Statement page within our website.

Q: Do you offer Technical Support?
A: Yes, first sign-in or Log on to our Website. You can search our Website for pre and post Technical Issues and removal instructions for control Module we Test, service and rebuild. If you are in need of Tech Info not listed on our Website please send Technical Inquiries to tech@autoecu.com. Inquiries are answered on the hour during business days, Monday thru Friday, 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Eastern Time. We also offer Live Help Online during business hours, Monday thru Friday 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Eastern Time.

Q: How Do I Know When My Computer Is Starting To Fail?
A: Early symptoms that will occur: Erratic Idle, Stalling, Poor Running Condition, Excessive Fuel Usage, and Check Engine Light Continuously on. Any of these early symptoms could lead to total E.C.U. failure. We always suggest that you have your vehicle’s diagnostic system scanned to rule out other issues.

Q: Do you test and rebuild ABS (Anti Lock Brake Computers)?
A: Yes, we test and rebuild most late model Electronic ABS controllers (EBCM) for foreign and domestic vehicles, Please search our website for your part type. If you do not see it, please call us or send an email to inquire. We are continually looking for controllers to R&D.

Q: What do I do with my Failed Control module?
A: You have the choice of ordering one of ATE's Rebuilt units (Please call for availability). A core charge is collected until your rebuildable unit is returned to A.T.E. (Postage Pre-paid). We suggest that you send your original Controller to ATE for Diagnostics. Control Modules in Vehicles today have have special Software Installed by the manufacturer, We do not alter this software, Once your original Control Module is rebuilt, Installation is Plug and Play. Most times there is no coding, no software Installation, Rarely you may only have to clear soft codes that may exist. Once received ATE will inform you if there is a problem, it is also possible that we may be able to inform you of what may have caused the failure and where in the vehicle it may have originated in the. When returning your core for refund please include a copy of the invoice that was Included in your package with your purchase. This will speed up the refund process. Generally 10 business days.

Q: What type of payment do you accept?
A:
  1. We accept all Major Credit Cards @ www.paypal.com. Our Preferred payment processor. Our PayPal ID is ate@autoecu.com.
  2. For International Payment, we only accept International Western Union (www.westernunion.com).
  3. We can return ship your part:
    • C.O.D. Postal Money Order
    • Certified Funds
    • With prior approval company check will be accepted (Domestic shipments Only)
      10 DAY HOLD ON ALL PERSONAL CHECKS.
    • We do not accept credit cards over the phone
Q: What type of shipping do you offer?
A: We ship UPS and United States Postal Service.

Q: Do you buy cores?
A: Yes, we are always interested in purchasing core computers & ABS modules in any quantity. Fax us your list and contact information, we will send you our current prices. You can also search our website (Home Page) for cores that we are presently looking to purchase.

Q: I just received my rebuilt controller and the check or Service Engine light is on or the ABS or DSC or Tracs light did not go out.
A: Double check all harness connections leading to and from the controller. Make sure fuses and relays are good. Scan controller for error codes since light is lit there should be error codes stored.These error codes will inform you of where the failure is and will aid us in helping you. Many times reading and clearing any left over error codes will also shut the warning lights off. There may be old codes set. Check our website tech pages go to the parts page you are searching for and at the bottom of the page there will be Tech Info. If no Tech info is present email tech@autoecu.com. If testing concludes a premature failure of the rebuilt controller, please visit our warranty return form on our Home Page ,click on Forms and Click on Warranty Form. print it out, fill it out, ALL WARRANTY RETURNS MUST HAVE A WARRANTY RETURN FORM INCLUDED IN PACKAGE COMPLETELY FILLED IN WITH ALL SYMPTOMS AND ERROR CODES THIS WILL HELP EXPEDITE THE TESTING AND REAPIRS IF NEEDED.

Q: Do you test & rebuild fuel injectors?
A: Yes, we test and refurbish many gasoline model fuel injectors for Foreign and Domestic Vehicles.

Auto & Truck Electronics

1-866-983-6688
www.autoecu.com

Technical Info email tech@autoecu.com</B>

Old 12-26-2010, 02:00 AM

Originally Posted by Pushing_Tin
Wow that's crazy!! I wonder which clown comes up with those prices. Not sure if you saw my thread about my throttle body, but I sent it off to these guys and had it rebuilt. They can rebuild or fix just about anything for a good price and lifetime warranty.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JAGUA...item588aae4fc3

The ECM i got from the wrecker in Mobile AL was not a bad deal. Once I got it, there was a sticker on the ECM that said it was rebuilt in late 2001. It still works so I saved a good amount of money considering what jag in Portland wanted.

Old 12-28-2010, 07:16 AM
Veteran member
Received 194 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by sivkov-y
JOsworth I just figured out that I need a new passenger side shock absorber. I looked it up at jaguarpartscenter.com and they want $213.84 How do I go about Nalley Jaguar, do I have to call them for part number and price? I don't really see an option on the site for a parts catalog.
Actually go to the Vendor Classified section here or search for Nalley.. Yes, just call them and ask for the part you need...

The following users liked this post:
sivkov-y (12-28-2010)