Sponsored by:

need some opinions, and answers

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2007, 12:30 AM
Veteran Member
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Default RE: need some opinions, and answers

Hi and welcome..
6 spd trans rocks! You can manually keep it in 4th all the way to 120+ shift and off you go again....totally awsome... very reliable and no problems as of yet (even with my crazy driving) 30+ K miles on it now.
If you have the cash go for the 4.2...bigger is better, but 3L is good too....especially in the x tpye. X type is a much lighter car than the S so the 227hp is pleanty, not sure how she'll do in the S.....but if you read some of the post, seems that most S drivers are happy with the 3L

If you want to save a few bucks, the X type is a good starting point, looks sexier than the S (in my opinion) and has the power to please a young lad like yourself. It eats mustangs for lunch and with the right upgrades can handle the Z350 any day of the week (especially in the rain)

Old 01-23-2007, 10:50 PM
Veteran Member
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I have both..And both have lots of work done on them, and yes the X in the REAL world eats the mustang....takes them right off the line and if it's a stock GT he be in trouble. Only had one beat me but he had extensive work done. (Of course my x did too---- by far being stock) the x will eat just about anything off the line....especially when it's wet. Any poor fool decides to race you after a rain deserve to lose some money...lol

Anyway, as you can tell I prefer driving the x vs. the s. I use the s to impress...lol

Mileage for both is pretty crappy if you take it easy and never gun it--- expect to get 18-20 in city and about 21-22 on HW. The S is about the same. Also, fuel, both take PRIMIUM fuel, meaning 93 octane or better....so you pay more at the pumps. I've heard people putting in lower octane, but jag doesn't recommend it and it tells you in the owners manual as well to us premium fuel.
Bang for the buck...get the X.....oh, before i forget...parts..any part is expensive and you need a mechanic that means more money. I'm lucky since i can do the work myself and make most of the parts...but any performance part you need for the x or s will be expensive. And over have the parts you will need to customize yourself.

if you just want a stock sexy car with no mods.......the X is the way to go...

Old 01-24-2007, 04:30 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,007 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  Jagbrightlights7.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  4.6 KB

I am 6'3" tall and own an X of the 2.5 variety. Its a stunning car that turns heads everywhere it goes and gets people askin all sorts of questions.
I have to say in my opinion though, that even with the seat adjusted all the way down and all the way back its not over roomy, just about enough, but still, the sheer pleasure it gives you sorta off sets that!

Jim C

Old 01-30-2007, 07:55 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey mustanggt I will be honest with you I'm a hair off 6 foot tall and the jag is comfy in front as long as you are a driver. My little brother still 6' tall he is crunched for some reason in the passenger seat of my x-type. The rear seat is honestly a joke but why would you wanna sit in the back seat? The car is perfect if you have no kids or at least ones that aren't over 4' tall and only have 2 of them. I love my car though no matter how small people say the back seat is its perfect for my wife, my baby (well actually hopefully thursday as wife is being induced shes 2 weeks past due), and I. You will get looks from everyone when you drive the x-type. If your going for rear seat size the s is the way to go but I wouldn't trade my x for an s any day. Although the new 2008 jaguar xf would probably get my favor!