S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New DDCM ????

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2012, 04:41 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New DDCM ????

Hello all, well I have a 2002 S-type 2.5 petrol Jaguar which is my pride and joy.
However I have been having problems with my two key fob's. I can still use my two keys to unlock / lock the central locking but the fob buttons do not work at all now, I was getting some use out of the fob's on good days but found that on hot and sunny day's they would stop working.

Have tried a number of things like disconnecting the live terminal from the battery for 30 minutes but that did not work, although the time before last i tried that the fob's worked for a couple of hours before stopping again.

I have obtained a another DDCM (Drivers Door Control Module) but can someone tell me if I will need the DDCM calibrated (or is the word synced???) to work with my fob's???
I know this is probably a no brainer but I want to get it right first time. I tried to use my fob's whilst inside the car and alongside the DDCM and at first they did work, however I get nothing from them now so that does point to a faulty DDCM doesn't it????

Old 07-22-2012, 02:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi,
I have a 99 S-TYpe 4.0 and since purchase I am having issues with the Central locking - (actuator are all working manually) - so am suspecting the DDCM.
I talked to the Jaguar delership and they told me that if you replace the DDCM you need to get one having the same codes as those on a sticker in the boot (trunk). If the same may work with current key - if it needed re-synching (programming) they no longer have the equipent and it may have to go back to Jaguar themselves!!

Good luck. :-)

Old 07-22-2012, 03:16 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,527 Likes on 3,937 Posts

This is such a rare topic that I would be very doubtful it's the module, though of course it's not impossible. I expect you can get them rebuilt and for that matter quite cheaply used.

The dealer-type OBD kit should be quite happy with a DDM. Never heard otherwise. Even my AE (AutoEnginuity) reads the module.