S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new S type minor problens

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2021 | 07:05 AM
|
Default new S type minor problens

Had my S type for couple of weeks, slowly finding little problems that need sorting

Headlining needs replacing
new DCCV needed
few electrical issues ( wing mirrors, windows etc).
when putting petrol in petrol pump keeps stopping like its full ??
restore headlights. done .
anyone got yellowing on headlights,recommend doing this it didnt take long. used 3m restoration kit.
anyone got any ideas re filling up with petrol problem.?
tia.

after

before

Old 09-26-2021 | 10:57 AM
Veteran Member

Good job on the headlights!
There was only one recall for the 2005 S-Types. Since you did not tell us your car details I am guessing here.
That recall was to replace the fuel tank for filling problems and error codes. Can you contact Jaguar and give them your VIN to see if your car was in the range effected? Maybe the recall was never done?
Probably not covered at this time but worth a try.

I have attached the recall notice and it's a bit different from your problem but might be close?

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
SB-10064279-6309.pdf (93.6 KB, 34 views)
Old 09-26-2021 | 11:27 AM
|

Thanks for reply. Mines a 2000 model automatic,sport. Only put fuel in twice and same problem both times. Need to fill up again but no chance at the moment in Uk unless you queue up for2 hours! I’ll try to suss it next time I’m at garage 👍

Old 09-26-2021 | 12:03 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by markbam
Only put fuel in twice and same problem both times.
Same filling station both times, or at least the same brand of dispenser? Maybe it’s the equipment at the filling station, not the car?

Try a different place next time?

The following users liked this post:
markbam (09-26-2021)
Old 09-26-2021 | 02:13 PM

Nice work on the lights. For the fuel tank i have a feeling the evap system is cloged. If you have access to code reader check if theres any codes for it.

Last edited by Zikvis; 09-26-2021 at 04:07 PM. Reason: Spelling.
Old 09-26-2021 | 02:19 PM
|

Ok thanks ,will do

Old 09-30-2021 | 09:40 AM
Veteran Member

Had my S type for couple of weeks, slowly finding little problems that need sorting

Headlining needs replacing
new DCCV needed
few electrical issues ( wing mirrors, windows etc).
when putting petrol in petrol pump keeps stopping like its full ??
restore headlights. done .
anyone got yellowing on headlights,recommend doing this it didnt take long. used 3m restoration kit.
anyone got any ideas re filling up with petrol problem.?
tia.

after

before
I would not wait on the DCCV. While your model is more robust than the later ones, you can still blow out the climate control unit and while they are less expensive than than the newer ones. No reason to have problems with the CCU if not necessary when you have to replace the DCCV anyway.
Headliners can get expensive if you go to the wrong place. Jag calls for taking out, I forget, either the rear or front window. Good companies that do headlines will heat it up and can bend it and get it out of the car much easier.

Tom in Dallas/Plano
2005 S-type 3.0 121k

markbam (09-30-2021)
Old 09-30-2021 | 10:53 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by jazzwineman
Headliners can get expensive if you go to the wrong place. Jag calls for taking out, I forget, either the rear or front window.
Headliner info:

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/s...02-how-221911/

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/s...al-how-129199/

Fortunately, rather than remove a window, you can remove the front passenger seat. This lets you drop the headliner down and remove it through a rear door.

markbam (09-30-2021)
Old 09-30-2021 | 12:32 PM
|

Thanks for replies,I’ve got a DCCV ready to go in, just psyching myself up to do it , looks a bit fiddly. Took car out for its first good run today 200 miles and kept testing heating, drivers side was blowing out hotter than passenger side. Re Headlining, found a company recommended on this forum that supplies headlining,so that’s next on the list. Seen the guide another fiddly job but do-able,with a load of swearing 🤬 probably. Will be taking the front seat out for that , got some samples and not a perfect match but headlining doesn’t match the pillars anyway so must’ve been replaced at least once already I’m guessing. Sun visors look a bit tricky so will probably leave them for now .

Old 10-01-2021 | 09:02 AM
Veteran Member

Thanks for replies,I’ve got a DCCV ready to go in, just psyching myself up to do it , looks a bit fiddly. Took car out for its first good run today 200 miles and kept testing heating, drivers side was blowing out hotter than passenger side. Re Headlining, found a company recommended on this forum that supplies headlining,so that’s next on the list. Seen the guide another fiddly job but do-able,with a load of swearing 🤬 probably. Will be taking the front seat out for that , got some samples and not a perfect match but headlining doesn’t match the pillars anyway so must’ve been replaced at least once already I’m guessing. Sun visors look a bit tricky so will probably leave them for now .
Let Gus who runs Jagrepair.com give you a photo guide on replacing the DCCV.

JagRepair.com - Jaguar Repair Information Resource

Sounds like you may have toasted the Climate Control Unit. https://www.ebay.com/itm/25314243886...cAAOSwPAxaA4cP

https://www.ebay.com/itm/35367378765...EAAOSwBbhhQPwU

Member smfitch went through the same problem and you might send him a private message and ask for any hints.

TBB

kr98664 (10-01-2021)
Old 10-01-2021 | 09:15 AM

I had a 2004 S type I picked up for a penny. It also had a DCCV problem AND a climate control issue and as Jazzwineman said, I had to replace both. The DCCV seems to be one of those issues that affects all S type owners at one point or another. I removed mine, thinking I could repair the valve, but in the end it was easier to just replace the entire unit. They're not terribly expensive. Do an online search for DCCV Jaguar S type and you'll find a ton of videos on how to remove the valve. Once I replaced both of those the car climate control worked perfectly

markbam (10-03-2021)
Old 10-01-2021 | 09:16 AM
|

Sounds like you may have toasted the Climate Control Unit. https://www.ebay.com/itm/25314243886...cAAOSwPAxaA4cP

https://www.ebay.com/itm/35367378765...EAAOSwBbhhQPwU

Member smfitch went through the same problem and you might send him a private message and ask for any hints.

TBB
yeah thanks for that. I have read thru guide's (several times) got myself a multimeter,,will start looking at it next week. Maybe

Old 10-01-2021 | 09:37 AM
Veteran Member

Sounds like you may have toasted the Climate Control Unit...
From what I understand, only the 2003+ models have the problem with a bad DCCV burning out the control module. Supposedly the module in the early models is more robust. Not to say it couldn't happen, but hopefully he's good.

And definitely review the write-up by Gus. I highly recommend notching the holes where the housing is secured. It makes installation a LOT easier.

Old 10-01-2021 | 10:52 AM
|

yeah im hoping its just the DCCV , already got repacement to go in.will change that and check the connections with mutimeter, and go from there

Old 10-02-2021 | 09:54 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by kr98664
From what I understand, only the 2003+ models have the problem with a bad DCCV burning out the control module. Supposedly the module in the early models is more robust. Not to say it couldn't happen, but hopefully he's good.

And definitely review the write-up by Gus. I highly recommend notching the holes where the housing is secured. It makes installation a LOT easier.
Not entirely true, while more robust in the pre-2003 they still can go out. I believe in the above message by smfitch he had a 2001 model not a 2004.

TBB

Old 10-02-2021 | 10:19 AM
Veteran Member

yeah im hoping its just the DCCV , already got repacement to go in.will change that and check the connections with mutimeter, and go from there
I assume you have read this: https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/s...ol-how-185002/

TBB

Old 10-02-2021 | 11:16 AM
|

yeah several times

Old 10-03-2021 | 10:56 AM
Veteran Member

Yes the headliner can be done OK BUT if you find a way to redo the sun visor please post back. I have had terrible luck on just about any car I have worked on recovering the sun visors. They just come out looking funky!

Replacement seems to be the only way to go and they are like $200-$300 each from Jaguar! Used is almost always in worse condition than mine are!

Old 10-03-2021 | 11:02 AM
|

Originally Posted by clubairth1
Yes the headliner can be done OK BUT if you find a way to redo the sun visor please post back. I have had terrible luck on just about any car I have worked on recovering the sun visors. They just come out looking funky!

Replacement seems to be the only way to go and they are like $200-$300 each from Jaguar! Used is almost always in worse condition than mine are!
yeah, think i'm gonna leave the visors alone, ive got a pretty close colour match with the headliner, so can live with it.

Old 10-14-2021 | 03:00 PM
|

So, halfway through changing my DCCV (never again!!) should finish it tomorrow just need to reconnect hoses. I have a nav version so I’ve read somewhere I have a RCCM behind glovebox. Remember seeing a post with pictures of it but can’t seem to find it again, tried searching forums, maybe it was on another site🤔

Quick Reply: new S type minor problens