Default newest navigation disc?

wheres the best place to buy? 2003 stype r, has original disc, i want a new one

Old 03-09-2011, 05:35 PM
Veteran Member
Received 86 Likes on 61 Posts

Ebay of course!

Old 03-09-2011, 06:16 PM
Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts

Total scam at $199, but here is the original manufacturer.

http://www.navigation.com/is-bin/INT...gationMenu=YES

Old 03-09-2011, 08:58 PM
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Not even worth it if you ask me, this is the most inaccurate GPS system I've seen. It's accurate with where I'm at, and it shows my destination in the correct place (when it can find it), but I could be miles from the destination and it'll say I've arrived. It's useless 70% of the time, it's just a glorified compass for me.

Old 03-09-2011, 09:38 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by phaelax
Not even worth it if you ask me, this is the most inaccurate GPS system I've seen. It's accurate with where I'm at, and it shows my destination in the correct place (when it can find it), but I could be miles from the destination and it'll say I've arrived. It's useless 70% of the time, it's just a glorified compass for me.
I tested mine for the route to work and it told me to head east on the highway instead of west, it's good I know how to get their

Old 03-10-2011, 04:15 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,527 Likes on 3,937 Posts

I agree the cost is not worthwhile. I've found the ancient one I have is OK most of the time (but doesn't know new roads, addresses, etc of course). It's NEVER told me I'd arrived when miles from the destination!
I'd say useless 10% of the time. Not worth upgrading but if I did I'd probably get a tomtom or such.

Old 03-10-2011, 07:13 AM
Veteran member
Received 251 Likes on 220 Posts

Look for someone selling one that is a few years old. I scored an 05 disk for $30 shipped. I know it still isn't the most current, but it was better than the disk I had.

Old 03-10-2011, 09:59 AM
Veteran Member
Received 220 Likes on 203 Posts

Originally Posted by PaulB
I tested mine for the route to work and it told me to head east on the highway instead of west, it's good I know how to get their
Oh I don't know. It depends on how helpless you want to be. I rarely use it.

I have the old 2003 DVD and it got me out of south Philly two weekends ago when I was lost in all those teenie tiny streets with shacks on them they optimistically call houses. It even gave me two ways out. I picked the slow one but at least it worked. I just selected home as the destination and a nice English lady told me what to do for a couple of hours. I kind of liked it ...

Old 03-10-2011, 11:02 AM
Veteran Member
Received 506 Likes on 258 Posts

Other forums have come up with innovative ways to "share" the cost of a map updated disc.

Just a thought

Take care,

George

Old 03-10-2011, 12:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default navi sux

[quote=phaelax;318384]Not even worth it if you ask me, this is the most inaccurate GPS system I've seen. It's accurate with where I'm at, and it shows my destination in the correct place (when it can find it), but I could be miles from the destination and it'll say I've arrived. It's useless 70% of the time, it's just a glorified comp wow this thing is so inaccurate and not user friendly, wtf.... anyway when i put in an address there are homes built there now, and doesnt reconize the address

Old 03-10-2011, 12:53 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,702 Likes on 1,211 Posts

Originally Posted by androulakis
Other forums have come up with innovative ways to "share" the cost of a map updated disc.

Is that a mods footsteps I hear coming ????????

Old 03-10-2011, 03:20 PM
Veteran Member

[QUOTE=carlorner;318692]
Not even worth it if you ask me, this is the most inaccurate GPS system I've seen. It's accurate with where I'm at, and it shows my destination in the correct place (when it can find it), but I could be miles from the destination and it'll say I've arrived. It's useless 70% of the time, it's just a glorified comp wow this thing is so inaccurate and not user friendly, wtf.... anyway when i put in an address there are homes built there now, and doesnt reconize the address
Perhaps it's an old version?

Old 03-10-2011, 03:53 PM
Veteran Member
Received 86 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by androulakis

Just a thought

Take care,

George
Ohhhhhh you mean Torrents! ; if thats the case for sure you'll be lucky to find a 08' or even a 10' iso file of the maps there, ahem*

Old 03-11-2011, 09:40 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Nav Disk

I just had that experience it didnt seem to have a clue where I was it had me going on street several blocks from where I was.

Old 03-12-2011, 07:13 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,527 Likes on 3,937 Posts

Maybe try the reset procedure to retrain the GPS parts. hmm, where did I see the info? Try the TSBs

Old 03-12-2011, 07:35 AM
Veteran Member

I don't use mine all that much so maybe I just haven't experienced what you guys are describing. I like paper maps if I'm going on a trip. You can see the big picture very nicely that way. If it's somewhere more local and the streets are a bit squirrelly I like to investigate with mapquest or google maps. They have given me wrong directions too. I look at the GPS in this car as an emergency or last resort option.

I'm about to do a major upgrade of my cell phone and so I'm considering one with real GPS capability which should solve some of these issues?

But I'm also concerned at how distracting this stuff can be while you're driving. The idea of working an Iphone or other touch oriented phone for GPS info while driving seems like not a good idea. If I have a co-pilot OK.

Old 03-14-2011, 02:00 AM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Jaguar Nav System

Here's my 2 cents on this subject. My wife and I own 2 STR's, of different model years, and it appears that Jaguar did not make any significant changes to the Nav system in that period of time. Both systems work exactly the same way as far as I can tell. Although the NAV systems are "clunky" compared to the newer portable systems I have never received any incorrect information from either system and once you learn how to work them they do give pretty good results. I did purchase the upgraded Nav discs (in 2010) from the dealer for my wife and to tell the truth have not noticed any difference between the street maps on her upgraded system and my 06 version.

Old 03-14-2011, 07:15 AM
Veteran Member
Received 128 Likes on 122 Posts

I've used mine before with semi-success. But usually have no need for it and only turn it on once in awhile to hear that female voice with the Brit accent...and think of Lucy Pinder giving me directions.

Old 03-14-2011, 07:05 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Carlorner-

Ebay is the best place to look if you are willing to settle for one not quite current but newer than your current one.

Old 03-15-2011, 06:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Mark here in Australia. I have just purchased a privately imported (from UK) 11/2004 XKR for which I need to update the navigation DVD (it only shows UK & USA maps). The Aussie dealers say it's not one of theirs so don't want to know. Suggested I use a 2004 S Type DVD from Whereis.com and hope for the best. I tried this but it did not work. The screen just comes up with an error message! Does anyone know if any other 2004 Jag car navigation system was the same as the 2004 XKR? Would the navigation DVD be the same as the current XKR? Or where I can get a disc? Alternatively anyone who could call a UK Jag dealer and find out for me would be greatly appreciated as even the clock is on UK time!! Have also posted this on the Aussie site but hope you will forgive me as I am getting desperate!!
regards
Mark

Quick Reply: newest navigation disc?