S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No Audio Sound 04 S type 2.7d

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2010, 07:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No Audio Sound 04 S type 2.7d

04 S type 2.7d with Alpine premium sound, Nav and phone. Car was stuck in the snow for 4 weeks after which audio on radio/cd/nav etc was intermittent. seemed to improve as car warmed. Head unit displays all OK. Then intermittent got worse. Then started popping, whistling and screeching etc when audio went out - sounded like an amp component on the way out. Sometimes an ignition start fixed it - now completely dead. So I bought a new Jag/Alpine identical amp (the one in the boot) - fitted it but still no joy. Checked fuses - OK, did the battery off bit overnight - no joy. Any ideas anyone, or do I just sing to myself as I am driving? Cheers. Brian

Old 05-10-2010, 02:29 PM

Have you figured this out yet? I have the same issue.

Old 06-02-2010, 01:34 PM

Hi there, Yes sorted now. Very likely to be the Fibre optic loop. Basically pull out the thick twin cable input to each boot mounted stack component - CD changer, Nav unit, amp and Telephone one by one and replace them whilst engine is running. If you look "down" them you should see a red light blinking - this is the signal. Unload the NAV DVD and reload it while you are at it. Shut down and restart. It worked for me. I have more test details if you need them. Cheap fix!! Brian

Old 06-03-2010, 07:22 AM

Yeah, that would be great if you could get me those test instructions. Not having a great time with mine. Thanks

Old 06-03-2010, 12:30 PM
Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

Sir Brian, I AM impressed! Good work.
Leedsman.

Old 06-04-2010, 03:07 AM
Default S type 04 no audio

Here is the information I received:

We should try to run the network test which will check the communication with the fiber optic. Press and hold AM/FM and EJECT at the same time then release both and hit EJECT and MIX. Keep doing this and you will see the audio modules. If this does not work just try hitting EJECT and MIX without pressing the AM/FM and EJECT first. It should say MAIN, CDC, AMP, NAV... If it cycles through all the modules then the fiber optic network is working properly. If it just says MAIN then you have a problem with the network.

It just said “Main”

Ok see if the phone is wokring via the touchscreen. If not it is most likely a faulty phone module in that stack in the boot. There is a test you can do but it involves purchasing a fiber optic loop to put in place of each module in the system. Then you will re run the network test with the module bypassed to see if you gain back communication. You can first check all the connections in the module stack in the trunk. You can remove the fiber optic connector and have an assistant turn the ignition on while you look for a blinking red light at each module. Go the stack of audio module is the left hand rear trunk. Disconnect each fiber optic (2 black wire black/white connector) and have an assistant turn the ignition on. You should see blinking red light. If you see it then we have communication. Do this do all the modules on at a time to see if you lose the blink. Let me know at which connector it does not blink. Also do this one at a time and once you disconnect one plug it back in before going to the next module. If this test is inconclusive then I recommend doing is purchasing a loop. This loop will plug in place of a module. Then you will re run that network test until it displays all the modules. The loop part number is XR849468 and is about $20.00. What the loop does is bypass the effected module and allow for communication. For example if the phone module is the problem and you install the loop in place of the phone module and you run the network test and it will goes through all the others modules.