Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nothing but HOT air

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2015, 09:50 PM
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Nothing but HOT air

Hey guys, long time no post.

All has been good with the car until just the other day. During a hot summer day I decided to turn on the A/C. Was working fine until the passenger side vents started blowing hot and then shortly after the drivers side did the same thing. Yes, I know, you're probably about to say " just do a search and you'll find your answer", but I'm not here asking why that has happened. I did some searching and reading on jaguarclimatecontrol.com and know what the cause could be.

So now for my question. I'm a person who usually drives with the windows down instead of having the A/C on, so not having A/C doesn't really upset me. What does upset me is that when the car is moving I get HOT air from the vents even when the A/C is completely off! Why do I get this crazy hot air coming in when the car is moving and A/C is off? It feels like nothing but engine heat? Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Trevor

Old 07-11-2015, 11:13 PM
Received 10,513 Likes on 6,945 Posts

My best guess until the time zones align.

The heater tap is jammed ON. The default of that tap is ON. So straight out of the box from the supplier they are ON.

Your model has serious issues with the PCB of the module, and I "think" when they go bad the default is ON.

Why one side first?, well maybe that side of the tap failed first, dunno.

Old 07-12-2015, 03:57 PM
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Grant Francis
My best guess until the time zones align.

The heater tap is jammed ON. The default of that tap is ON. So straight out of the box from the supplier they are ON.

Your model has serious issues with the PCB of the module, and I "think" when they go bad the default is ON.

Why one side first?, well maybe that side of the tap failed first, dunno.

Hum. That makes sense. Do you know of a way to manually shut/close the heater tap? I don't really mind not having A/C, but having hot air coming in all the time is not pleasant.

Old 07-13-2015, 05:42 AM
Received 10,513 Likes on 6,945 Posts

My suggestion would be:

Find the coolant hose that FEEDS the tap, there will be only ONE. Plug it. Now that may be by removing it, and capping the spigots at either end, or sliding a suitable "bung" up the hose and clamp it in place, then refit the hose to the spigot it came from.

OR, remove that hose from the engine supply, cap that spigot, and plug the END of that hose, tie it to something nearby so it dont get tangled in all the rotating bits.

I have mentioned the "engine side", as access to that tap is the most fun you will ever have with ANY car, NOT.