S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Odometer display not working on my Jag S type 2001 3L V6, pls help!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2017, 03:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Odometer display not working on my Jag S type 2001 3L V6, pls help!!

Hi Jaguar family,
I have a Jaguar S type 2001 3L V6 and the odometer light has stopped working, it comes on once in a while for a few seconds radomly. So the display doesn't display anything it is just completely blank.

Any suggestions as to how that can be fixed?

I'm thinking of changing the instrumentation cluster.

If Iput a second hand instrument cluster in would it work "out of the box" plug and play?
In terms of the odometer reading, is it stored in the instrument cluster or elsewhere? I hope I don't have to get a dealer to program the odometer reading in to a new cluster. Please help, I'm open to suggestions.

Thank you,
Jag

Old 10-24-2017, 07:50 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,551 Likes on 3,958 Posts

Avoid a different one - car will go into anti-theft.

Old 10-26-2017, 06:32 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the same thing going on with my odometer, from what I've read, they used a cold solder and sometimes the solder can go bad. I read that reheating/applying new solder fixes the issue. I've yet to try it, but you could search the forums a bit and look for fixes.

JagV8 is right, don't replace it or it will go into anti-theft mode and prevent you from starting and driving. Clusters are matched to specific Jaguar keys, no two Jaguars have the same cluster code. Some people reprogram clusters to match keys. But I've heard some people pay for the reprogram, doesn't match, goes into Anti-Theft and they lose a ton of money. So not worth it

The following users liked this post:
NBCat (10-26-2017)
Old 10-26-2017, 07:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Dhorsley and JagV8, thanks for your reply, do you know what we need to re solder though? I've already tried resoldering the LCD pins and some other ribbon cable wires, the issue still persists. Kindly keep me updated with how you tackle this issue.
Thanks