Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official S-Type Meet -Pittsburgh June 4/5 - Sign up

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2011, 01:49 PM
Veteran Member
Received 128 Likes on 122 Posts
Default Official S-Type Meet -Pittsburgh June 4/5 - Sign up

Ok - here is the offical thread now that we have figured out where we are going and when. The event is in the greater Pittsburgh, PA area.

The Event: Corvettes and Jaguars at Linden Hall on Sunday June 5th. Registration is $10 day of the show - preregistration is not required unless you have a red, white, or blue Jag and want to be in the special "D-Day" display. See the attached PDF for more info on the Event and D-Day display.

Linden Hall website - Welcome to Linden Hall

Address:
432 Linden Hall Road, Dawson, PA 15428

Show check in starts at 10 a.m. until 12 noon. Judging begins at noon. Dash plaque and Award eligibility to the guaranteed to the first 100 cars registered. I don't know how many will show up, so consider getting there early if you want a plaque.

The event is to benefit our troops in Iraq and Afghanistan - a $12.50 donation will pay to ship one package to a soldier.

I have been in contact with one of the co-sponsors of the event, the Jaguar Club of Pittsburgh. They are welcoming us with open arms to join them and are aware a Jagforums contingent will be coming.

Lodging: Linden Hall is hosting the event, but they are booked up on June 4th (Sat. night) as we expected. There are other options in the nearby area, including a Hampton Inn. I called them today and they do have rooms available for Saturday night June 4th. As for a group rate - I need a rough headcount of who wants a room and how many nights and then I can negotiate with the manager and likely get the rate down to near $100 a night. If I can negotiate a block of rooms, you will then contact the hotel directly to make your reservations, I won't be doing that.

Please indicate in this thread if you are attending and wish to stay at the Hampton Inn and how many nights. Please have this completed by April 15th if possible. The earlier the better.

Hotel - Belle Vernon - Pennsylvania - PA - Hampton Inn hotels

If you wish to make your own accomodations, there are other hotels/motels in the area: lodging near dawson pa - Google Maps

There is also camping in the area, including camping at Ohiopyle State Park. I've camped at a place called Scarlett Knob in the past and it was a nice place for a larger group. If someone who is camping is willing to get some details and share them and maybe organize that side, that would be great (Vance? Michael?). Here are the links for campgrounds and Ohiopyle State Park:

Campgrounds
Camping near Ohiopyle State Park | Campgrounds Near Ohiopyle | Ohiopyle State Park Campground | Campgrounds in Fayette County Pennsylvania

State Park
Pennsylvania State Parks - Ohiopyle - PA DCNR

Directions to Linden Hall from Ohiopyle: Dawson, PA to Ohiopyle, PA - Google Maps

Activities: I am assuming some members may want to arrive Friday or early Saturday. In that case, I highly suggest we stay in the general area of the event and Ohiopyle State park and do some touring of the area. There are a lot of nice twisty roads to drive on, and plenty of things to do. We can coordinate that once some other details are ironed out as to when everyone arrives.

Frank Lloyd Wright's Falling Water is in the area and would be a great group event. Tour tickets can be purchased online and you pretty much have to buy them in advance to get a tour. Here is the website for more info: Fallingwater | Tours and Tickets

Please respond in this thread if you will be in the area on Saturday June 4th and would like to go on a tour of Falling Water and we can organize that trip. Tour times are daily from 10 am to 4pm.

That is about all I have for now. Jim (Bodyman) and his spouse Laurie have graciously volunteered to help with the event on this end. All I can say is we will do our best to try to coordinate everything and make sure everyone has the information they need to attend the event - I can't make any guarantees about anything and all of this is "at your own risk" ...

Again, so we can get a rough headcount, please respond only if you are planning on attending this event and indicate:

Date of arrival
If you wish to stay at the Hampton Inn and if so how many nights
If you will be camping or staying elsewhere
If you wish to go on a tour of Falling Water on Saturday the 4th.

If anyone has any questions or needs help, you can send me a PM through this site. I hope we get a great turnout!!!!

Please refrain from excessive unecessary posting or off topic discussions to keep the thread organized. Thanks in advance.

(Jim if I forgot anything or you have more to add, please chime in)

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
LindenHallEvent.pdf (231.5 KB, 189 views)
The following 2 users liked this post by The Chris X:
bfsgross (03-23-2011), GoKittyGo (03-23-2011)
Old 03-23-2011, 02:03 PM
Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts

I won't know til mid-May if I will be able to attend (depends on school scheduling etc) If I do, I will make my own accomodations.

Old 03-23-2011, 02:07 PM
Received 6,320 Likes on 5,507 Posts

Chris,

I've stickied this thread for you.

As requested can everyone please keep this thread for relevant posts and keep the general discussion in the original thread?

Thanks,
Norri

The following users liked this post:
The Chris X (03-23-2011)
Old 03-23-2011, 02:16 PM
Veteran Member
Received 217 Likes on 129 Posts

Im in. Just found out my school wont have Friday classes for the summer term so I may actually head up on Friday and get there Friday evening. If we have enough campers Ill be throwing up a tent and probably do that. Ill be by myself so would save alot by camping then getting a room for just myself.

Old 03-23-2011, 03:18 PM
Received 43 Likes on 35 Posts

Count us and obviously we have our own lodging. You can also count us for the drive on Saturday to Falling Water or Ohio Pyle. We have been there countless times but it is a delightful drive. We may elect to skip the actual tour but want to spend time with the group on Saturday. I'll watch the other thread for discussions ect so this one doesn't get cluttered.
Jim

Old 03-23-2011, 03:29 PM
Veteran Member
Received 431 Likes on 389 Posts

Going there...fast.

Old 03-23-2011, 05:04 PM
Veteran member
Received 251 Likes on 220 Posts

I am in to win!

Old 03-23-2011, 07:41 PM
Veteran member
Received 194 Likes on 170 Posts

Well, my Chrysler driving but is coming... I thought about dragging out the Dodge, but too far.. That said, I think it is just going to be a day trip for me.... But Falling Water sounds really neat... Maybe the wife and I should get away... So, I'm on the fence about spending the whole weekend... But you will definitely see me for the show!

Old 03-25-2011, 03:57 PM
Veteran Member

Here is the map in this post for people to look at maybe seeing who is near your for a convoy cruise in. I also added a red pin at the exact location of the event for directions. Just click the pin has the PDF and a brief description and click directions enter your address and you got yourself a map. Hope this helps people and see everyone there.
Jag Owners - Google Maps

The following 3 users liked this post by vance580:
GoKittyGo (03-26-2011), JOsworth (03-26-2011), The Chris X (03-26-2011)
Old 03-26-2011, 02:21 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by bfsgross
Going there...fast.
I'll race you there!

I'm in. I'll be arranging my own accomdations

Old 04-02-2011, 05:50 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Checking my schedule if I'm off I'm in

Old 04-14-2011, 07:33 AM
Veteran Member
Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

hmmmmmmmmmm since im in the area..........

Old 04-19-2011, 10:11 AM
Veteran Member

Hi everyone - well I did not really receive any interest in getting a group rate at the local hotel, so I'm abandoning the idea. It looks like most folks are happy with making their own accomodations.

Please let me know if you need any help with any local arrangments or have questions.

Please go ahead and post your expected date of arrival once you know when it is. This can help us figure out some activities for Saturday - be it going to Fallingwater or just going for a nice long drive on some local twisties.

Hope to see some more folks sign up soon!!!

Old 04-19-2011, 12:18 PM
Veteran Member

I will be arriving on Fri evening.

Old 04-20-2011, 05:51 AM
Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts

This would be my first Jaguar Event. I don't see or anticipate any weekend work the 4th and 5th of June. Sounds like something nice to do. I guess I'll take my baby on up to Pittsburgh for the weekend and meet with the community. I'll likely bring my camera and do the falling water thing.

"Shoot For The Top....... The Bottom Is Already Full"

Old 05-02-2011, 06:41 AM
Veteran Member

Good morning everyone! Looking at slighty more than 30 days until the event!!! So this is your reminder to finish up whatever little odds and ends you need to do for the trip and start getting excited.

Based on this thread only, the following members appear to be "for sure" coming:

Chris X
Bodyman
Vance580
bfsgross
Michael Star
JOsworth
ChrisSTR

The following are in the "maybe" category:

Norri (are you and Rick coming up? I thought I saw that in the other thread)
Go Kitty Go
Jag Breeder
phd12volt (dude, you better make it!! )
Docuzzie

So I know there were more people indicating interest in the other thread (cough cough Enthusiast, androulakis, Achysklic, 08Z06, jag79, Uropnm6, kemp neal, Mafioso, Spitfire,Phaelax...cough cough)......

So let's chime in everyone - I don't NEED a headcount but it would be good to know how many to expect.

Old 05-02-2011, 06:52 AM
Veteran member
Received 194 Likes on 170 Posts

I may have to bow out. It depends on when I fly out to El Paso. I will be working in El Paso for the week starting June 6th. We are moving a facility. If I fly on Sunday it may not be possible for me to come...

Old 05-02-2011, 07:19 AM
Veteran Member

OK Jeff - that's a bummer but if you can't make this one maybe come down later in the year for another show or something.

Old 05-03-2011, 07:44 AM
Veteran Member
Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

Akebono brake pads (check)
new rear tires (check)
new EPB (check)
02 sensor
pa inspection

After those are done, then i should be good to go

Old 05-03-2011, 08:04 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,703 Likes on 1,211 Posts

Real bummer Jeff! Tell work you have pressing issues that need to be resolved here at the home front!

Norri and I are defintely in and staying at the Hampton.

Quick Reply: Official S-Type Meet -Pittsburgh June 4/5 - Sign up